IGNORED

New Championship Managerial appointments for 19/20.

LondonBristolian

So far:

Warburton in at QPR

Parker in permanently at Fulham.

I think West Brom, should they stay down, have not confirmed who manages them next season.

Rumours Cardiff, Boro and Huddersfield might make changes.

I think Warburton is probably a shrewd appointment but QPR need quite an overhaul and even upper mid table would be a superb achievement next season.

Parker is more of a gamble. He knows the club and could rebuild it but it feels like a “regroup and consolidate appointment” rather than a signal of a team ready to mount a challenge.

I suspect Pulis will go. Boro do not have a great track record of appointments over the last decade and selfishly I hope that continues.

Hard to guess what Warnock will do, or how he will do if he stays. If I remember rightly, his record of promotions is great but his record of taking teams straight back up less so. I feel he does better as an underdog.

Feel whoever comes in at Huddersfield is going to find it a challenge to pull off a sustained promotion campaign...

39 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

So far:

Warburton in at QPR

Parker in permanently at Fulham.

I think West Brom, should they stay down, have not confirmed who manages them next season.

Rumours Cardiff, Boro and Huddersfield might make changes.

I think Warburton is probably a shrewd appointment but QPR need quite an overhaul and even upper mid table would be a superb achievement next season.

Parker is more of a gamble. He knows the club and could rebuild it but it feels like a “regroup and consolidate appointment” rather than a signal of a team ready to mount a challenge.

I suspect Pulis will go. Boro do not have a great track record of appointments over the last decade and selfishly I hope that continues.

Hard to guess what Warnock will do, or how he will do if he stays. If I remember rightly, his record of promotions is great but his record of taking teams straight back up less so. I feel he does better as an underdog.

Feel whoever comes in at Huddersfield is going to find it a challenge to pull off a sustained promotion campaign...

I disagree on Huddersfield. Stoke came down and were clearly going to struggle with older players on massive wages.

Huddersfield seem the opposite to me. They haven’t overspent, have a lot of the squad who got promoted and with a couple of additions should be top 8.

People are saying that next season the league will be weaker. I don’t see that at all. I expect Huddersfield, Fulham, Villa or Leeds, WBA, Derby, Stoke and Boro to make up 7 of the top 10. 

Brentford have ended the season well. Hopefully City will be there as well. 

Pulis to Cardiff is the rumour. I can see WBA going for an up and coming manager like Graham Potter, Alex Neil or maybe the tried and tested Jokanovic.

Boro might go for someone like Jonathan Woodgate.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

It was always likely that Parker would get the job at Fulham for the exact reasons mentioned and although he was a far better midfielder than LJ was he’s been appointed for the same reasons as LJ was at City.

Just shows how ridiculous otib can be when posters were saying that LJ would go Craven Cottage.........:facepalm: It was always Parker’s job.

Warburton is a decent appointment IMHO although the R's financial state makes the job even tougher for him.

I like Warburton as a Manager TBH. 

Whether Colin is tempted to go for promotion number 9 remains to be seen but, if he doesn't, whoever takes over would have a very good squad for the Championship.

Putrid will probably go from 'Boro I should think as their fans despise his 'football' plus, I believe, their parachute payments have finished now so the days of £50K a week players are over for them. 

Huddersfield is a strange one. Yes, they have been relatively frugal but they've got into the habit of losing every week so they would need the right additions to get out of that mindset I reckon. Tough job to bounce back after the hiding they took in 18/19.

Fulham, let's be honest, spent £100M and made their side worse. Given Parker's inexperience, they could finish anywhere TBH.

No idea what WBA are going to do but finance would suggest they should be up there again, if they don't go up.

Would Bielsa be content to spend another season in the EFL? Would FL be content at FL's D for another year? Once again, if they don't get up.

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Warburton is a decent appointment IMHO although the R's financial state makes the job even tougher for him.

I like Warburton as a Manager TBH. 

Whether Colin is tempted to go for promotion number 9 remains to be seen but, if he doesn't, whoever takes over would have a very good squad for the Championship.

Putrid will probably go from 'Boro I should think as their fans despise his 'football' plus, I believe, their parachute payments have finished now so the days of £50K a week players are over for them. 

Huddersfield is a strange one. Yes, they have been relatively frugal but they've got into the habit of losing every week so they would need the right additions to get out of that mindset I reckon. Tough job to bounce back after the hiding they took in 18/19.

Fulham, let's be honest, spent £100M and made their side worse. Given Parker's inexperience, they could finish anywhere TBH.

No idea what WBA are going to do but finance would suggest they should be up there again, if they don't go up.

Would Bielsa be content to spend another season in the EFL? Would FL be content at FL's D for another year? Once again, if they don't get up.

Fulham I think it is a bizarre appointment made with heart and not head. A top now championship team employing someone with no managerial experience.

2 minutes ago, Lez said:

Fulham I think it is a bizarre appointment made with heart and not head. A top now championship team employing someone with no managerial experience.

Conceded 1 goal in last 4 games and won 3 of them. I imagine that is why he has got the job. Not saying it’s the right or wrong appointment but assume they like what he has done once he has found a way to make them defend better

Archived