Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

1960maaan

Championship playoff's

I’d honestly rather have Leeds or Derby go up than this mob.

I hope Villa suffer years of disappointment down here.

• Like 4

Just now, Lew-T said:

I’d honestly rather have Leeds or Derby go up than this mob.

I hope Villa suffer years of disappointment down here.

Leeds fans may be arrogant in the main. Ironically I know some nice ones who occasionally watch City but as a club they have done it within FFP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Didn’t know that Jamie Smith, formerly of City, was coaching at West Brom.  Just see him on the bench.

And they just said Richard O`Kelly is doing the same at Villa.

2 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Didn’t know that Jamie Smith, formerly of City, was coaching at West Brom.  Just see him on the bench.

Jamie Smith is a local and started out at Wolves

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Turned us down saying he want to play in the Championship and then signed for Newcastle saying “I didn’t realise they’d been relegated”..........:facepalm:

I never said he was smart :laugh:

He's also shown the negative side of a player who goes for everything as it's got him sent off, madness.

Are home fans banned from making any noise before full time at Villa Park? Final whistle goes and it's always suddenly one big singalong.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I never said he was smart :laugh:

He's also shown the negative side of a player who goes for everything as it's got him sent off, madness.

At the time I thought it was nailed on, but watching it a few times I think the second yellow was maybe harsh. Villa deserved it over the 90 as other than taking advantage of one mistake Brom were far to passive, but Villa still had the rub of the big 50/50 decisions for me. Not nailed on, but thought it was a penalty to Brom just before the sending off.

• Like 1

Ref must be under strict instructions from the Football league to assist Ville as much as possible so they don't have to to deal with ville putting 2 fingers up to FFP

• Like 1

Hate Villa but can't see anyone else winning the pray offs😉 would rather Leeds as I know a few decent Leeds fans and they usually take 6 points off us.

1 hour ago, Busterrimes said:

All from a dodgy free kick. What Holgate was no different to Hourihane on Gayle earlier but Gayle got nothing

Gayle went down like he’d been shot in the face and stayed down for ages clutching his head - utterly pathetic cheating - a hand brushed against him and he reacted like that - laughable antics

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not nailed on, but thought it was a penalty to Brom just before the sending off.

Agreed and the replay suggests that Tammy should have had red for that push without going for the ball.

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gayle went down like he’d been shot in the face and stayed down for ages clutching his head - utterly pathetic cheating - a hand brushed against him and he reacted like that - laughable antics

Yep saw the best and worst of Gayle today... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, slartibartfast said:

I see the ***** of Salford are now in the league.....................another "hate" team ,like MK Dongs !

As I said on the match thread it`s heartbreaking when you think they`ve replaced Notts County with all their history and tradition.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I said on the match thread it`s heartbreaking when you think they`ve replaced Notts County with all their history and tradition.

Gets boring though having the same teams. Nice to get new teams like Forest Green and Salford.

I want Leeds to go up, as it will mean that 3 sides with non parachute payment budgets (similar to ours) are promoted . Showing it is possible and setting the bar and goal  for us and demonstrating that FFP should and could  be adhered to . 

• Like 7

How was that not a red card, maybe saved himself as missed the leeds player, but jumped in feet first both up in the air studs showing. Ref just has a quiet word with him after

22 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Derby can`t get out of their half up to now but can Leeds keep this up?

Derby haven't had their pen yet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

How was that not a red card, maybe saved himself as missed the leeds player, but jumped in feet first both up in the air studs showing. Ref just has a quiet word with him after

I said it last week....and the more I see decisions like this the more I really do believe these refs favour these famous names like Lampard

How was that not a red. Both feet off the the ground and no control 

If anyone is finding it hard watching Leeds do their stuff

Think back to hearing the Derby fans singing "2-0 in your cup final"  at AG

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

Derby really are such an average side. Stick McLaren as manager on the side and everyone wouldn’t bat an eye lid. Frank really hasn’t don’t anything of a job there, gifted unreal players on loan from his pals. Really average aside from that. 

• Like 2

You've heard it said some centre-halves make it look easy

Keogh has this way of making everything look difficult

and here's that penalty

or not ...

Edited by AppyDAZE

34 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Derby haven't had their pen yet

Right on cue!

Linesman had more time to consult his printed EFL "who we want to get in the Premier League" list.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Derby really are such an average side. Stick McLaren as manager on the side and everyone wouldn’t bat an eye lid. Frank really hasn’t don’t anything of a job there, gifted unreal players on loan from his pals. Really average aside from that. 

Tamori, Wilson and Mount amazing and will be very hard to replace next season. I think Lampard has done a decent job and probably just about done what you'd expect from Derby, which is pretty much all their previous managers were doing anyway. He's probably done the minimum of what is expect of a Derby manager. One thing a Derby fan I was chatting to on holiday said was that the football is so much better to watch now. He said the fans care about that more, even if the results are no better.

Unreal these officials :facepalm:  AGAIN the Ref had no intention whatsoever of consulting the Lino.

Edited by BCFC11

That's not a penalty anyway though.  Why the commentator's saying Derby should feel aggrieved is silly.

• Thanks 1