IGNORED

Shirt Sales Record

TBW

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

Never did understand the supposed outrage about having a gambling sponsor, when we've had Sky Bet on our shirts for the past six seasons and nobody complained about that ?

Great news though, and I'd expect that record to be beaten next year with the new badge.

One is under control of the club, the other isn’t.

We have some holier than thou wet wipes supporting us tbh. Did anyone install a fire/intruder alarm system they didn’t really need at home when we were sponsored by Thorn Security? Or hire a van to drive around for no reason from Hireite? Or now find themselves attending Gambling Anonymous due to huge recent bets with Dunder?

50 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Think there is a lot of spin on these numbers. 50% off with a tenner on a lot of people’s cards at the end of the season probably shifted 30-40% of these. 

They’re not spinning anything as far as I can see, just stating a fact that a record number have been sold. Your analysis of WHEN they were shifted may be correct but the total number is the total number!!

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

We have some holier than thou wet wipes supporting us tbh. Did anyone install a fire/intruder alarm system they didn’t really need at home when we were sponsored by Thorn Security? Or hire a van to drive around for no reason from Hireite? Or now find themselves attending Gambling Anonymous due to huge recent bets with Dunder?

I would go as far as asking does anyone have a Dunder account that didn't (unlikely) have one previously? 

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I bet twenty grand with Dunder that my Hirerite van wouldn't be robbed as it was protected by Thorn.

Things have been pretty dire since.

The bailiff even took my heavily discounted shirt from my back after my insurance failed to pay out.

If only I had DAS legal protection.

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just an aside, but is it just me that thinks “15k shirts being sold” doesn’t sound like that many and it’s “a record” ??

But who buys them apart from the kids’ ones?  15k seems quite a high number as no one I know would be seen dead in a replica kit.

Although I do have a ‘centenary’ one somewhere...

5 minutes ago, RumRed said:

But who buys them apart from the kids’ ones?  15k seems quite a high number as no one I know would be seen dead in a replica kit.

Although I do have a ‘centenary’ one somewhere...

Yep, I know loads who wouldn’t wear a replica shirt to a game after the age of 17, myself included, but I just thought, given our fanbase spread far and wide we’d have sold more than 15k - dunno what I’m basing that on... it just didn’t sound a lot to me ...

14 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I bet twenty grand with Dunder that my Hirerite van wouldn't be robbed as it was protected by Thorn.

The bailiff even took my heavily discounted shirt from my back after my insurance failed to pay out.

If you’re after a replacement get down to Bristol Trade Centre.

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, I know loads who wouldn’t wear a replica shirt to a game after the age of 17, myself included, but I just thought, given our fanbase spread far and wide we’d have sold more than 15k - dunno what I’m basing that on... it just didn’t sound a lot to me ...

I’m just basing it on average attendances and the assumption that about 80% of adults wouldn’t buy one.  I’d have thought the sales would have been about half what they are.

Shows what I know!

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Yes, I did.

I also bought insurance through DAS which I never used/needed, and bought a load of dodgy motors from Bristol Trade Centre.

I'm easily influenced :sad26:

The last time I bought a replica shirt was when the second strip was black - can’t remember when that was. About 10/12 years roughly.

Im surprised that so many current shirts have been sold. Personally I really dislike the white band across the chest. I think it’s awful.........:disapointed2se:

13 hours ago, TBW said:

And to think, they may have sold an extra three if they didn't have a betting company on the adult shirts... I'm sure they're really regretting that now ?

Screenshot_20190511-115223_Facebook.jpg

Conversely, I think the kids versions were extremely popular because of the Robins logo. Something that wouldn’t have happened had we not had dunder on the adults.

7 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

If SL bought 15,000 of them, would it be a good way to get around ffp rules? Or am I completely wrong? 

Well, Derby have set a precedent so he should buy the entire stock for £80m. I'm sure Mel Morris wouldn't object.

Disclaimer: it may be that only certain clubs are given a free pass to circumvent FFP. The EFL does not accept liability for the consequences for any club whose manager is not called Frank Lampard.

And the photo used to announce the shirts sold were the kids possibly wearing the ‘free’ ones. I guess the amount ‘sold’ includes all the ones given away with the kids ST’s? 

It might be a record number but the fact the club gave a couple of hundred away to the fans who trekked to Boro still shows they overstocked anyway. And yes we certainly missed a trick to have a sale at the end of the season which was longer than just one weekend. So I’m guessing any surplus is on its way to Africa again.

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

The new shirt with the Robin badge will absolutely smash that figure.  I haven't bought a shirt for about 15 years, but will buy one of next season's.

I'd imagine there will be quite a few others who'll do the same.

I have to say I agree. The only shirts I've bought in the last 20 years was and Ebay cheapy and a "new" still in the bag cheapy. The new shirt looks brilliant, had this same conversation with another mate , who I've also never seen in a City shirt, I'm guessing there will be more. If they dropped the price a little they'd do tons more.

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just nip down to Park Furnishers, then put your feet up on your new sofa and drink a few Dry Blackthorns.

Archived