IGNORED

Shirt Sales Record

TBW

40 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Just nip down to Park Furnishers, then put your feet up on your new sofa and drink a few Dry Blackthorns.

If you find that all the drinking of Dry Blackthorn and gambling with Dunder has given you money problems contact RSG to get a new job

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

Conversely, I think the kids versions were extremely popular because of the Robins logo. Something that wouldn’t have happened had we not had dunder on the adults.

I don't think that would push it over the edge at all. Kids would probably prefer it to say Dunder on it. They want to be wearing exactly what the players they look upto are wearing generally, I know I did as a kid. 

47 minutes ago, TBW said:

I don't think that would push it over the edge at all. Kids would probably prefer it to say Dunder on it. They want to be wearing exactly what the players they look upto are wearing generally, I know I did as a kid. 

It’s a fair point but kids don’t actually buy it. 

I think adults liked the Robins

How many sponsors have we had? I remember hirerite for most of the 80's and park furnishers in the early 80's with Russell Musker for some reason??. My favourite kit was 90-91 with Thorn Security on it. I'm pretty sure we had a pin striped kit for a few games in the mid 80's that wasn't released and reverted back to the one from the previous season.

Considering the 21k average attendance and around 16k season tickets, 15k shirts sold doesn't seem overboard imo.

Yes, it may be a record but with everything seeming to be on the way up off the field I would expect it to be smashed this coming season if the design is spot on.

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

It’s a fair point but kids don’t actually buy it. 

I think adults liked the Robins

Adults will generally buy a shirt for a kid based on if the kid wants it though. I doubt it saying Robins instead of RSG, Bristol Trade Centre, etc. is really the tipping point to convince a parent to make a purchase.

I really don't think many parents are going to say "Sorry Jimmy, the shirt says RSG on the front so I won't be buying it for you." Yes they may have if it said Dunder because as we've seen on here some people go into an outrage over it uneccesarily but if the sponsor is completely inoffensive, the purchase will likely happen either way.

1 hour ago, Elruliri said:

How many sponsors have we had? I remember hirerite for most of the 80's and park furnishers in the early 80's with Russell Musker for some reason??. My favourite kit was 90-91 with Thorn Security on it. I'm pretty sure we had a pin striped kit for a few games in the mid 80's that wasn't released and reverted back to the one from the previous season.

Via Wikipedia

Screenshot_20190512-182057_Samsung Internet.jpg

Archived