IGNORED

Name who you want us to sign

barneyrubble

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Kalas, McBurnie. Would love Maupay but really can’t see it.

Brentford quoted £20m for Maupay last summer so no. If Villa go up I can see him going there. In fact I can see him going there if they don't as FFP doesn't apply to them of course.

16 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Brentford quoted £20m for Maupay last summer so no. If Villa go up I can see him going there. In fact I can see him going there if they don't as FFP doesn't apply to them of course.

I think he would be a good signing for many clubs with more financial means than us.

The newly promoted clubs for one. The relegated clubs for 2- if Mitrovic on his way, he would be a good choice, while Cardiff and Huddersfield will be able to spend as they haven't been reckless.

I'd love Maupay here though but can't say I see it as realistic unless we'd gone up.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He’s another of those “good movement” strikers we should be very interested in.  You make a good point that he can drop-off too.

Agreed. Can drop off and drift wide also- movement, goals, sound technically IIRC.

His attitude has been raised as a possible red flag on here. 

If his attitude good though, and his work out of possession- something I'm not sure on. If that's the case I could actually envisage him and Vydra pairing up in a reasonably proactive 4-4-2, and that's a setup I'm a doubter of in general!

Because Weimann's intense workrate, Vydra's style, the fact they can both fairly comfortably drift wider or indeed drop off.

This offers a security in and out of possession that a lot of combinations we can realistically get might not.

Bersant Celina, creative midfielder with an eye for goal. Can also play left wing.

Mat Grimes defensive midfielder can also play in back 4 and left back. Also good distribution, not scared to have a shot now and again.

Both had outstanding seasons with Swansea who are looking to sell, sell, sell

53 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Bersant Celina, creative midfielder with an eye for goal. Can also play left wing.

Mat Grimes defensive midfielder can also play in back 4 and left back. Also good distribution, not scared to have a shot now and again.

Both had outstanding seasons with Swansea who are looking to sell, sell, sell

Not bad shout

21 minutes ago, Ian Crabbe said:

Couple of referees to give us some decent decisions!!!

They've already been bought by rival teams!

Tomas Kalas and Jay Da Silva, permanents from Chelsea.

Reece James, season-long loan from Chelsea.

Herbie Kane and Rhian Brewster,  on season-long loans from Liverpool (if they'll deal with us after the Ryan Kent debacle).

Kelle Roos, free from Derby. 

2 hours ago, Xiled said:

Trying to offload him? Maybe have a few of ours first and we'll let you know ?

Yeah, him or Winnall need to come off our wage bill. Winnall would genuinely be a good signing in this division. Hasn't been given much of a chance for us due to the crazy amount of strikers we've had the last few seasons. 

11 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Worth considering, maybe Moses Odubajo.

Is 26, plays RB and just released by Brentford- their fans apparently dismayed/surprised ay his release if Twitter a useful gauge. 

Injury history my main concern there.

Some of the striker suggestions- unrealistic IMO. Adams would likely cost £15-20m, Maupay £20m, Reid could be a key player for Cardiff this coming season. Gayle on loan would be excellent, his goal Saturday very instinctive but a lot of competition so I wouldn't build up hopes hugely.

As for Cairney, wasn't aware he played for Nottingham Forest- Fulham isn't he? We won't be getting him either.

Have seen a fair bit of Odubajo this season as I take my Brentford-supporting daughter down there quite a lot (we live local). For me, he'd be a great addition to the squad, would give us cover across the backline and could easily press for the "number 1' number 2 spot.

Maupay would also be high on my list as would Romaine Sawyers in centre midfield.

4 hours ago, swanker said:

No, he just don’t do it for me and no much better than we’ve got. Hasn’t had a good season since he was at Watford. 

Didn’t he win the Championship golden boot, or close to it, last season*..? 

* as in 2017/18

1 hour ago, HanwellRed said:

Have seen a fair bit of Odubajo this season as I take my Brentford-supporting daughter down there quite a lot (we live local). For me, he'd be a great addition to the squad, would give us cover across the backline and could easily press for the "number 1' number 2 spot.

Maupay would also be high on my list as would Romaine Sawyers in centre midfield.

Yeah, he's good I think. On a free, wouldn't be huge money and only 25? I'd have him here absolutely- think he'll make a shrewd signing for someone, hope it's us.

Maupay has 2 years left on deal- top player but I fear financially out of reach.

In fact, Brentford have made big profits in recent windows, I'd definitely be strongly thinking of keeping him as a no sale if I was them!

Sawyers is good. How long left what sort of price? Cheaper than Maupay would be I assume!

1 hour ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, him or Winnall need to come off our wage bill. Winnall would genuinely be a good signing in this division. Hasn't been given much of a chance for us due to the crazy amount of strikers we've had the last few seasons. 

Okay, how about we take Jordan Rhodes on loan but loan him back to you (better value as Wednesday will be paying his wages regardless) and then to compensate you sell us Barry Bannan for a reasonable price (using the Matty Taylor release clause of £300k as a guide).

We'll sell you Nathan Baker as Steve Bruce is less likely to put up with his regular mid-match shenanigans and desire for an early bath. You can also have Jack Hunt back as we prefer to play literally anyone at right back as long as they're not a right back. And we'll have Forestieri.

Reasonable?

8 hours ago, pillred said:

2 players to replace pato boy you sure must rate him!

Can't just rely on having one attacking midfielder. Strength in depth an all that. Pato is just a liability and is on holiday for 3/4 of a season. Needs to go IMO 

13 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

So would Rhodes. Decent when called upon at Norwich, unfortunate Pukki turned out to be as good as he was.

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Vydra? 21 goals in 40 championship games for Derby in 2017/2018 - after he left Watford .... that ain’t a good season then?

From midfield as well ::laugh::

Archived