IGNORED

Times Rich List - Stephen Lansdown's Wealth Remains Unchanged

Xiled

Stephen Lansdown's wealth estimated to still be around £1,720,000,000 (£1.72 billion).  Hopefully enough for a new striker, FFP allowing.

I can't find anything about Wael al-Qadi. Checked for a Jordanian version of the annual rich list but it hasn't finished being compiled because the 'it takes time'.

South West's richest people:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/business/sunday-times-rich-list-bristol-2851080

(Click this link at your peril....such a frustrating web site)

Being based in the UK, Wael would qualify to appear in this "Rich List" if the money existed, a number of other foreign English football club owners do, who are based here. Perhaps this list has been poorly researched or perhaps owning 100% of a glorified pub football team plus three new gazebos from Argos doesn't amount to a particularly large sum.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Being based in the UK, Wael would qualify to appear in this "Rich List" if the money existed, a number of other foreign English football club owners do, who are based here. Perhaps this list has been poorly researched or perhaps owning 100% of a glorified pub football team plus three new gazebos from Argos doesn't amount to a particularly large sum.

They`ve obviously omitted to do their due diligence as they missed the championship-ready sprinklers he has in his portfolio.

15 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ve obviously omitted to do their due diligence

I'm surprised the Times chose to overlook his incredible rags to rags story tbh

56 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Stephen Lansdown's wealth estimated to still be around £1,720,000,000 (£1.72 billion).  Hopefully enough for a new striker, FFP allowing.

South West's richest people:

A while ago I asked SL if the Times contacted him regarding the rich list - the answer was a very firm ‘no’.....

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

A while ago I asked SL if the Times contacted him regarding the rich list - the answer was a very firm ‘no’.....

Reckon myself they think of a number and double it, they probably have no idea to the true worth of half the people on the list how could they?

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wally is like Trump.

Rather than being under audit, Wally has put a NDA on his bank statements.

I would guess that should be DNE , does not exist . He has a very nice watch mind, or he had a nice watch, pawn shop may be holding onto it for now.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The key word is ‘estimated’ wealth so it’s not difficult to estimate the value of  the assets SL holds that are in the public domain. The Rich List does not include funds in bank accounts. My guess is that would probably be a nice little chunk of available cash for Maggie L to do her weekly shop down at Tesco’s.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

I can't imagine there's a single UK based millionaire/billionaire who has any desire to disclose his or her wealth!

Only idiots like Donald Trump want people to know they are super rich. Ironically he appears to have over-estimaed his wealth all his life.

As @Johnny Musicworks said, the word estimate in the original post is there for a reason.

Not sure of the date of the rich list estimate but I suspect his wealth has significantly grown since as HL shares are now up to about £23 now.

They were £1.60 when they floated on the stock exchange in 2008.

Also, many people with this amount of wealth have a lot of money squirreled away in places where the Sunday times can't find it.

They can probably only estimate from public records showing shareholdings share sales and property and I don't know how much detail they can obtain relating to worldwide assets, pension funds, etc.

22 hours ago, Xiled said:

Only idiots like Donald Trump want people to know they are super rich. Ironically he appears to have over-estimaed his wealth all his life.

Almost certainly correct that Trump has always over estimated and bragged about his success, but he is certainly not an idiot for doing so in America. You need to remember his target audience there (investors and bankers in the old days) and voting public in the later days - both audiences LOVE success and successful people, unlike us Brits (me included) who often like to see them come unstuck...

On 12/05/2019 at 11:58, Johnny Musicworks said:

The key word is ‘estimated’ wealth so it’s not difficult to estimate the value of  the assets SL holds that are in the public domain. The Rich List does not include funds in bank accounts. My guess is that would probably be a nice little chunk of available cash for Maggie L to do her weekly shop down at Tesco’s.

Also remember that SL owns the company retained to supply and install a giant screen at the Memorial Ground. I doubt that the Times Rich List has factored that income into their estimate. It could add sixty or seventy pounds to his net worth (once they’ve invented a bracket capable of fixing an electronic device weighing nearly a ton, to a tent pole. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Also remember that SL owns the company retained to supply and install a giant screen at the Memorial Ground. I doubt that the Times Rich List has factored that income into their estimate. It could add sixty or seventy pounds to his net worth (once they’ve invented a bracket capable of fixing an electronic device weighing nearly a ton, to a tent pole. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/8MMcpyjbCjWqUNQQ7

TheCAMP™ is portable, weather resistant, and designed for outdoor or indoor use. TheCAMP™ is patented and was designed, machined, and assembled in the United States. Unlike most television mounting brackets that are made from powder coated sheet metal, TheCAMP™ is constructed from high grade anodized aluminum and will not rust. TheCAMP™ is literally the only bracket in the world that can mount a flatscreen television in both a canopy tent and back at the house on any interior wall, next to the grill, or on a post next to the hot tub.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Hope Wally didn't pay extra for the extended guarantee.

It'll be 12 month old by the time they get it up.

I'll laugh if it doesn't work.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/8MMcpyjbCjWqUNQQ7

TheCAMP™ is portable, weather resistant, and designed for outdoor or indoor use. TheCAMP™ is patented and was designed, machined, and assembled in the United States. Unlike most television mounting brackets that are made from powder coated sheet metal, TheCAMP™ is constructed from high grade anodized aluminum and will not rust. TheCAMP™ is literally the only bracket in the world that can mount a flatscreen television in both a canopy tent and back at the house on any interior wall, next to the grill, or on a post next to the hot tub.

Say after me: "I've too much time on my hands!"

Archived