IGNORED

Kieffer Moore - Signed for Wigan

Coppello

On 19/05/2019 at 08:42, Red Right Hand said:

How about `Not good enough. Close thread` That one always boils my piss.

Arrogant or what?

Thing is, if you offer nothing, no judgement, on anything - new signings, transfer windows, managers, owner, whole seasons - before seeing them or it, before they get started, and are critical only in hindsight, you get pulled up on that on here too. 

It's not easy being a moaner/pessimist on otib.

4 hours ago, westonred said:

I remember people being underwhelmed by the signings of Aaron Wibraham , Marvin Elliott and best of all Norman Hunter. I remember when we signed Big Norm people saying "what do we want that 'has been' for ? " and he was called a clogger etc.

What 3 great signings they all turned out to be.

Matt Smith was awful though ;):whistle:

It depends what we are looking for surely.

If we are truly looking to progress the style, then he's not ideal. One idea though could be that he is a cheaper plan B than Diedhiou if we can turn a profit on him (in whichever way form that profit would take).

If we are looking to progress the style as we supposedly have been, then I can't see how he is a sensible part of that- similar for Diedhiou but Moore in particular. What's the point in signing Maenpaa with his improved distribution over Fielding, Webster especially over Flint but also Kalas more technically comfortable than Baker though a lot less spectacular than Webster- what is the point in signing them and getting them in the side plus hopefully resigning Kalas, and hopefully Da Silva re-signed at LB...then signing Moore up front?? Makes no sense!

With absolutely nothing to do, I thought I'd watch Barnsley highlights to see as much of Moore as I could.

He is surprisingly quite quick for someone of his height. Much much faster than Djuric and Matt Smith. Also got a decent touch, decent shot with both feet. Hard to say about his movement but looks decent from what I can see. 

I'm not saying it's what I want, but he does seem to be a lot more than just a big target man. And he scores goals, was out for quite a long time last season and still managed 17.

I really do see LJ going for him. I think LJ really likes a number 9 that is physically strong who players can play off of. It's why Weimann never stayed up front once Diedhiou returned and it's why Reid went back to number 10 role once Diedhiou returned the season before.

LJ said at times last season about needing a Djuric type. I can really see us going for him. 2 million would be a bit of a bargain to be fair. Not saying I'd go for him, but he's worth more than 2 million imo.

I think he has much more to his game than Djuric and Matt Smith. Barnsley fans say he is a completely different player to the one that last played in the championship, so it would be wrong to look back 2 seasons to judge him.

59 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

With absolutely nothing to do, I thought I'd watch Barnsley highlights to see as much of Moore as I could.

He is surprisingly quite quick for someone of his height. Much much faster than Djuric and Matt Smith. Also got a decent touch, decent shot with both feet. Hard to say about his movement but looks decent from what I can see. 

I'm not saying it's what I want, but he does seem to be a lot more than just a big target man. And he scores goals, was out for quite a long time last season and still managed 17.

I really do see LJ going for him. I think LJ really likes a number 9 that is physically strong who players can play off of. It's why Weimann never stayed up front once Diedhiou returned and it's why Reid went back to number 10 role once Diedhiou returned the season before.

LJ said at times last season about needing a Djuric type. I can really see us going for him. 2 million would be a bit of a bargain to be fair. Not saying I'd go for him, but he's worth more than 2 million imo.

I think he has much more to his game than Djuric and Matt Smith. Barnsley fans say he is a completely different player to the one that last played in the championship, so it would be wrong to look back 2 seasons to judge him.

He’s signed for a Chinese club a few days ago!

1 minute ago, James54De said:

I don't think many will be happy by this. I think he is a good player, but not necessarily who I want us to sign. 

He is better on the ball and a bit quicker than some might think, so he isn't just a big lump who scores some goals.

An upgrade on Djuric and Matt Smith for sure.

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think many will be happy by this. I think he is a good player, but not necessarily who I want us to sign. 

He is better on the ball and a bit quicker than some might think, so he isn't just a big lump who scores some goals.

An upgrade on Djuric and Matt Smith for sure.

He destroyed our defence with power and pace the last time we played at Oakwell.

Archived