IGNORED

Kieffer Moore - Signed for Wigan

Coppello

32 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I rather worry about constantly changing formations. I would prefer we determine our footballing approach, because it has changed so often over the last 4 years. 

Yeah agree. That's how I'd do it. Or at least stick with a main style and formation and just maybe occasionally change the formation if struggling. But I'd really like us to master plan A rather than have plan A, B, C and so on.

It can work at times when LJ beats an opponent by changing systems to suit that one game. Both Sheff Utd games for example. But the only time we go on great runs is when LJ keeps it the more or less the same every game.

It's hard to get momentum when changing things so much. But that is LJ's way.

20 hours ago, DiedhiouGOAT said:

Scored 17 goals for Barnsley in the League last season.  Apparently we're bidding 3 million. Scored quite a few good quality goals from what I've found from browsing through . Not sure if he's worth 3 mil though he is only 26

Woodrow (my man Woodrow ?) got more!

15 hours ago, billywedlock said:

Seems like we are again undecided about how we will approach our play next season 

Yes, that was rumours do.  Until the players are signed it’s hard for us fans to know how realistic some are.

15 hours ago, Cider red said:

Think thisis a bs rumour unless deidhou is off and we will sign a mobile type as well

Yes, think we will sign a nippy one....but think Moore isn’t on our radar, and the big-man we are after is Gallagher...who’s recently stated that he’s prepared to drop down to Champ and kick-start his career.  Would be a better big-man than Moore imho, and I don’t think would cost the earth either.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Woodrow (my man Woodrow ?) got more!

Yes, that was rumours do.  Until the players are signed it’s hard for us fans to know how realistic some are.

Yes, think we will sign a nippy one....but think Moore isn’t on our radar, and the big-man we are after is Gallagher...who’s recently stated that he’s prepared to drop down to Champ and kick-start his career.  Would be a better big-man than Moore imho, and I don’t think would cost the earth either.

I would like us to sign Gallagher. 

One thing I do think is if we do sign another striker it won’t be as back up to Diedhiou. I think Diedhiou will be plan B so on that thinking I don’t believe it will be Moore we are signing. 

Matt Smith signed for Millwall. I know they might need another, but they might not want another big man. Wouldn't surprise me if we have beaten them to Moore.

8 hours ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

I would like us to sign Gallagher. 

One thing I do think is if we do sign another striker it won’t be as back up to Diedhiou. I think Diedhiou will be plan B so on that thinking I don’t believe it will be Moore we are signing. 

Gallagher is an interesting one. I think big target men sometimes develop a bit later than most. He is still only 23.

Isn't he on massive wages though? Thought i heard he was on stupid money.

Not sure if he's had quite a few injuries as well. But just going on his ability i'd take him.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Gallagher is an interesting one. I think big target men sometimes develop a bit later than most. He is still only 23.

Not sure if he's had quite a few injuries as well. But just going on his ability i'd take him.

Would have to reduce his demands for regular football - supposedly has recognised he needs to step back into Champ to kick-start his career.  Very good in the air, decent enough touch.  Not saying he’s a better footballer than Diedhiou, but I could see him getting on the end of Eliasson’s crosses more often than Fam.  Point to prove.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Would have to reduce his demands for regular football - supposedly has recognised he needs to step back into Champ to kick-start his career.  Very good in the air, decent enough touch.  Not saying he’s a better footballer than Diedhiou, but I could see him getting on the end of Eliasson’s crosses more often than Fam.  Point to prove.

With Eliasson's balls I actually think it might be more about having someone who is very quick off the mark, as Fam just cant quite make those balls across the face of goal. Nketiah maybe.

I do like Gallagher. Just depends really whether we need 2 Diedhiou types. I personally don't want 2 of them. But LJ does like a big guy up front. So if that's what he's after, Gallagher will be near the top of the list I'm sure.

On 02/07/2019 at 05:09, JonDolman said:

With Eliasson's balls I actually think it might be more about having someone who is very quick off the mark, as Fam just cant quite make those balls across the face of goal. Nketiah maybe.

I do like Gallagher. Just depends really whether we need 2 Diedhiou types. I personally don't want 2 of them. But LJ does like a big guy up front. So if that's what he's after, Gallagher will be near the top of the list I'm sure.

I will refrain but this post is comic innuendo heaven. 

Looks like he has a bit more than Djuric and Matt Smith in his pace and technique. This is just an example of this. But I guess championship defenders should be able to deal with this sort of player a bit better than these in this vid

53 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Looks like he has a bit more than Djuric and Matt Smith in his pace and technique. This is just an example of this. But I guess championship defenders should be able to deal with this sort of player a bit better than these in this vid

He is athletic and that makes a huge difference imo. If Diedhiou goes he’d be a decent replacment. Could possibly play together but neither a natural goal scorer

On 02/07/2019 at 02:57, JonDolman said:

Aren't they all?!! ?

Just now, havanatopia said:

The big cut meaning from say 30k to 12k... Admirable but still huge!

Yep, believed to be on £40k at Saints, so fair play to anyone willing to take £12-15k, especially when they’re giving up £2-2.5m over the final 2 years of their contract.

I would rather take Gallagher over a Moore, but finances will play a part in the overall equation....assuming we are even in for either of them.

No doubt he’d be a great option to have if we are chasing games and having to go abit more direct late on or when up against a more physical side, but at £3m and not much guarantee of games where if he stays at Barnsley he’d be playing most weeks, I just cant see this happening?

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

Isn't Moore a better version of Diedhou with more ability in front of goal. If that is the case surely he would get more games than you are suggesting. And it would be the Diedhou who would not get many games.

Hard to say really. He looks very good at league one level. But imagine how good Diedhiou would look at that level. I can us bringing him in and having one or the other starting. Good competition for places. If Johnson wants to play specifically with a target man then we need one to be competing with Diedhiou.

7 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Isn't Moore a better version of Diedhou with more ability in front of goal. If that is the case surely he would get more games than you are suggesting. And it would be the Diedhou who would not get many games.

Kieffer Moore better than Diedhiou?? ?

6 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well he surely can't miss so many chances to score.

Go read the Barnsley forum on Moore. Misses lots of chances according to them. Though I think we are underestimating Moore. The way they talk about him is he is a 6’5 Bobby Reid. Not the dropping deep version but can play on the shoulder as well as be a target man. Presses the back line ferociously and quickly. 

Still feel he’d be a Diedhiou replacement rather than a “Plan B.” Someone to come in if Fam moves on along. Don’t think he is better than Fam but think close enough where we’d take double profit for Fam and replace him for half that profit. 

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Of course a strikers game is just solely based on scoring goals isn’t it ?

No it is not. But I would say it is pretty important that we have a striker who can get 20 goals for us to really take it on a level from last season. In my opinion I don't think Diedhou is the bloke to do that based on last season. But everyone has different views. And I would love to be proved wrong.

30 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Of course a strikers game is just solely based on scoring goals isn’t it ?

That is where the rub is for me. We have forwards. The term striker is a crap cartoon that implies one roll, to score. 

3 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

No it is not. But I would say it is pretty important that we have a striker who can get 20 goals for us to really take it on a level from last season. In my opinion I don't think Diedhou is the bloke to do that based on last season. But everyone has different views. And I would love to be proved wrong.

Give Fammy a run playing with a partner and he’ll be near the 20 goal a season striker! 

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

Give Fammy a run playing with a partner and he’ll be near the 20 goal a season striker! 

I agree. I think that maybe the interest in Moore. Take the long ball pressure off him and give him a partner who is a natural target.

Archived