IGNORED

Kieffer Moore - Signed for Wigan

Coppello

4 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

I’ve been told he’s signed. This has come from someone who works for Barnsley. He told me it won’t be announced until Barnsley sign a replacement. 

Now you've got us interested....

6 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

I’ve been told he’s signed. This has come from someone who works for Barnsley. He told me it won’t be announced until Barnsley sign a replacement. 

Oh here we go!

Can anyone remember the Birmingham home game when Djuric and Fam played together and we absolutely smashed it every single time up to them. Won 3-1. Even less passes than a Warnock side! Weirdly entertaining, but only for a one off. 

I reckon if we get Moore and keep Fam that LJ will the odd time go with that tactic again. We did win 3-1 I think and Birmingham could not cope with us.

35 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

I'm not buying that. Why would we agree to that. If he had signed LJ will want to get him involved asap. And what if they struggle to get a replacement in? What, we can't announce him still even if it's 3/4 weeks down the line. That part sounds like bs to me.

1 minute ago, citywest30 said:

I'm not buying that. Why would we agree to that. If he had signed LJ will want to get him involved asap. And what if they struggle to get a replacement in? What, we can't announce him still even if it's 3/4 weeks down the line. That part sounds like bs to me.

Only posted what I’ve been told...

Don’t believe it if you don’t want to, I’ve known him 14 years and it’s not something he would lie about. 

8 minutes ago, citywest30 said:

To be fair Barnsley fans convinced he is off. Kone nearly done deal for them as Moore's replacement. Don't think he has gone on preseason with them either. Whether it is us he is coming to I don't know, but they all seem to think it is us signing him.

50 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

Zed zed zed zed

1 hour ago, Redrascal2 said:

Well he surely can't miss so many chances to score.

Do you know which strikers miss so many chances? The ones who regularly get into dangerous positions.

2 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

That would mean Diedhiou is off though surely

Who knows? I do think we’re preparing to give it a go next season though, that being we will need to score goals. Get ready for an impressive looking team is my thought!

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Or a PL loan.

If we get Nketiah and Moore then Fam is gone imo. It seems to me looking at Szmodics in all his clips that he is so much like Reid, he is a striker.

So if we were to have Diedhiou, Moore, Nketiah, Weimann, Szmodics and Semenyo, then that is one too many imo.

Oh and Taylor too but I think he will be sold.

50 minutes ago, Martin89 said:

Only posted what I’ve been told...

Don’t believe it if you don’t want to, I’ve known him 14 years and it’s not something he would lie about. 

Not doubting we may have signed him, just don't believe we'd wait too long to announce it.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

If we get Nketiah and Moore then Fam is gone imo. It seems to me looking at Szmodics in all his clips that he is so much like Reid, he is a striker.

So if we were to have Diedhiou, Moore, Nketiah, Weimann, Szmodics and Semenyo, then that is one too many imo.

Weimann won't be played through the middle too much is my guess but agree Szmodics will be in the "Bobby-role", meaning if Moore and Nketiah are both landed then Fam will surely be cashed in on.

Is FD's contract up next summer too? If so then its probably best that we do sell now as although he has been decent he wouldn't be good enough to make the step up to the Prem if we get there, let alone a massively improved salary on his existing terms.

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I have been saying since before we signed him that I thought Szmodics could play the Reid role.

If we were to get Nketiah you may well be right about Fammy too.

We could again end up with a stronger squad and a profit on transfer fees in fact.

1 minute ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Weimann won't be played through the middle too much is my guess but agree Szmodics will be in the "Bobby-role", meaning if Moore and Nketiah are both landed then Fam will surely be cashed in on.

Is FD's contract up next summer too? If so then its probably best that we do sell now as although he has been decent he wouldn't be good enough to make the step up to the Prem if we get there, let alone a massively improved salary on his existing terms.

2021 I think, but you might want to double check.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

I have been saying since before we signed him that I thought Szmodics could play the Reid role.

If we were to get Nketiah you may well be right about Fammy too.

We could again end up with a stronger squad and a profit on transfer fees in fact.

Someone said Szmodics played a bit deeper than that today, but still attacking. Sounds like it was a 4222 today. I see us going with that a lot this season. Someone said the other day it is too attacking, but Watford seem to get away with it. 

I guess it is only a community match but Watkins played alongside Weimann. Not sure if that means anything or not. Will LJ stick with Watkins? 

To be fair if he can get back to his Barnsley days then it'd be like a new signing. But he just didn't seem anything like that at any point last season. Even his good game against Blackburn was only good by the poor standards he had shown up to that point.

25 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

2021 I think, but you might want to double check.

Someone said Szmodics played a bit deeper than that today, but still attacking. Sounds like it was a 4222 today. I see us going with that a lot this season. Someone said the other day it is too attacking, but Watford seem to get away with it. 

I guess it is only a community match but Watkins played alongside Weimann. Not sure if that means anything or not. Will LJ stick with Watkins? 

To be fair if he can get back to his Barnsley days then it'd be like a new signing. But he just didn't seem anything like that at any point last season. Even his good game against Blackburn was only good by the poor standards he had shown up to that point.

One ok>decent season in his career to date

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Can anyone remember the Birmingham home game when Djuric and Fam played together and we absolutely smashed it every single time up to them. Won 3-1. Even less passes than a Warnock side! Weirdly entertaining, but only for a one off. 

I reckon if we get Moore and keep Fam that LJ will the odd time go with that tactic again. We did win 3-1 I think and Birmingham could not cope with us.

I remember it well.  Joe Bryan at RB....yes, RB.

What was good was that Morrison had to mark Djuric and would normally put Fam off with his physicality.  Not with Djuric though who won loads.

Normally Dean would be the spare defender, but Diedhiou played on top of him, and was physical with him....probablybwhat led to the altercation and Fam’s ban.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I remember it well.  Joe Bryan at RB....yes, RB.

What was good was that Morrison had to mark Djuric and would normally put Fam off with his physicality.  Not with Djuric though who won loads.

Normally Dean would be the spare defender, but Diedhiou played on top of him, and was physical with him....probablybwhat led to the altercation and Fam’s ban.

Yep. Reid was sort of left wing but running onto the loose balls. We have certainly seen long ball tactics over many years under SOD, Pulis etc. But that was a one off game that was actually entertaining to watch.

Usually you see long ball teams just have the one big centre forward and wide men. Maybe it is something that teams would work out how to deal with if it was done regularly, and maybe just surprised Birmingham as I imagine they would have had a game plan to play against a very different team and system to what we put out.

Yeah Bryan played very well at right back. I remember saying I don't see why he can't play there more often if we need him there. LJ certainly not scared to try things. I do like that about him.

I think that we’ll mainly play a 4-2-3-1 formation this season which needs a mobile target man up top and three busy attackers playing off him. We’ve got lots of the busy attacking players but only one mobile target man so we definitely would need another one to rotate with Fam and Moore would fit the bill and is reasonably priced.

That would still leave room for Nketiah who would play as one of the three behind.

Archived