IGNORED

Kieffer Moore - Signed for Wigan

Coppello

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Scoring record at Aston Villa and Sheffield United.

Fitness record at Aston Villa and Sheffield United.

Does it fill you with confidence?

Form is temporary.....class is permanent. I would take him at a shot in the belief that the LJ team can get him back to his previous best.

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Form is temporary.....class is permanent. I would take him at a shot in the belief that the LJ team can get him back to his previous best.

Judge for yourself.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/82775/History/Scott-Hogan

I know stats definitely don't tell the whole story, but Brentford Hogan? Well and truly. Now? Dunno- he was outperformed and outpicked by Gary Madine at Sheffield United who many on here would deem not good enough..

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I really wouldn't want us to sign Hogan. I think he'd prove to be an expensive mistake. Hasn't played regularly for a couple of seasons and when I watched him playing for Ireland in the Euro qualifiers he was subbed early - having looked awful during his time on the pitch.

We need someone who can hit the ground running not an expensive, broken someone we need to try to repair.

17 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

3.5 M would be extraordinary for such a player and an indication we have not yet worked out our playing strategy. L1 player and at 26 minimal room for improvement, and money we will never get back. 

And yet that is today’s market. McBurnie is £15m as an example! 

I find it strange that after having Johnson as manager and Ashton here for a couple of years, people still seem to think that we just chuck darts at a wall and whoever they land on we go for.

If we're seriously interested in Kieffer Moore, he'll have been picked out for this team for his all round game. The scouts, who we know have incredibly detailed research on statistics for every player, will have picked him out as the ideal player at our level in our price range to help our team. It's easy how watching Moneyball can change your whole perspective on team sports.

It could be because he's incredibly strong, it could be that he gets on the end of more crosses than other target men, it could be that he presses defenders well, I don't know. What I do know is that I trust that sort of evidence more than "oh he wasn't great at Yeovil a few years ago".

Even the scant footage I've seen of him online proves that calling him a "big lump" is pretty ridiculous. If the rumours are true and we're selling Webster for £25m, I think spending just over a tenth of that on potentially the striker that would best fit our system is more than worth it. Although incidentally I couldn't care less about transfer fees, they rarely affect my view of a player, since they have no control over it.

37 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

3.5 M would be extraordinary for such a player and an indication we have not yet worked out our playing strategy. L1 player and at 26 minimal room for improvement, and money we will never get back. 

Or massive room for improvement. Firstly we don't know how good he is now at championship level. But also numerous examples of target men strikers who have gone onto completely new levels late in their careers.

I guess they get stronger which makes a huge difference, as well as the experience of knowing how to be a nuisance etc.

Barnsley fans really seem to rate him. And i have been quite surprised by looking at highlights of Barnsley games by his technique and pace. Whether it's high championship level good enough, who knows. But LJ must think so.

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Is it safe to assume that all the Keifer  talk means the Nketiah deal is officially dead?  EN, for all his talent, cannot be described as a ‘proven’ number 9 huh!

Nah, I'd imagine we're still gunning for him. Punderful.

30 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I find it strange that after having Johnson as manager and Ashton here for a couple of years, people still seem to think that we just chuck darts at a wall and whoever they land on we go for.

If we're seriously interested in Kieffer Moore, he'll have been picked out for this team for his all round game. The scouts, who we know have incredibly detailed research on statistics for every player, will have picked him out as the ideal player at our level in our price range to help our team. It's easy how watching Moneyball can change your whole perspective on team sports.

It could be because he's incredibly strong, it could be that he gets on the end of more crosses than other target men, it could be that he presses defenders well, I don't know. What I do know is that I trust that sort of evidence more than "oh he wasn't great at Yeovil a few years ago".

Even the scant footage I've seen of him online proves that calling him a "big lump" is pretty ridiculous. If the rumours are true and we're selling Webster for £25m, I think spending just over a tenth of that on potentially the striker that would best fit our system is more than worth it. Although incidentally I couldn't care less about transfer fees, they rarely affect my view of a player, since they have no control over it.

I totally agree with all of this. 

Moore will have been monitored for a while and, if we get him, he’ll clearly be deemed worth it by our scouting/management team which is good enough for me. 

The fact that Barnsley fans seem gutted about potentially losing him is a very good sign too. I’m not sure he’s our first choice but clearly we rate him and if he comes in I’ll be excited to see how he goes. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looking at Twitter this morning, looks like the Moore Transfer might’ve been a wind-up.

What is the idea behind this 'piece of bait''? Am I just too old to understand? 

I can't figure out why somebody would want to orchestrate something that leads to a load of people messaging them. Seems weird. 

4 minutes ago, MC26 said:

What is the idea behind this 'piece of bait''? Am I just too old to understand? 

I can't figure out why somebody would want to orchestrate something that leads to a load of people messaging them. Seems weird. 

First day on the internet huh? 

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Looking at Twitter this morning, looks like the Moore Transfer might’ve been a wind-up.

Didn't the original rumour come from Nixon and therefore one of his agent contacts?

I'm not sure this guy has any sort of credibility either way, so could be guessing/tweeting for hits.

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Didn't the original rumour come from Nixon and therefore one of his agent contacts?

I'm not sure this guy has any sort of credibility either way, so could be guessing/tweeting for hits.

Looks like it might’ve been a bit of a set-up to out Nixon!

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Mods can you ban this poster?

We can't have the forum dragged down by someone posting sensibly and logically and without hysterical claims and panicked reaction to the club's transfer activity.

It's just not good enough!

:) 

Just now, Leveller said:

Hasn’t he subsequently said he accepts We are in for Moore and have agreed to meet their price?

I think that was the original tweet in response to Bcfckory. When I checked his profile last night it had something like reporter for Barnsley in it. Since been removed!

8 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Rather spend £3.5m on Joao. Pacey, young, room for improvement. 

Me too but Joao could be 6m+ which would presumably means he’d have higher wage demands too. If it is 6m and 15k for Joao or 3.5m and 12k for Moore(speculating on both) then I’d rather have Moore. 

Think Joao is a more pleasing player to watch but you get a truer big man with Moore but with the pace to be a menace pressing. Joao you probably get a bit more dribbling and linking up and maybe finishing with his feet but Moore you get the physical presence of occupying defenders. You get a bigger threat for crosses and you get a better worker. So if price is higher for Joao give me Moore. 

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Me too but Joao could be 6m+ which would presumably means he’d have higher wage demands too. If it is 6m and 15k for Joao or 3.5m and 12k for Moore(speculating on both) then I’d rather have Moore. 

Think Joao is a more pleasing player to watch but you get a truer big man with Moore but with the pace to be a menace pressing. Joao you probably get a bit more dribbling and linking up and maybe finishing with his feet but Moore you get the physical presence of occupying defenders. You get a bigger threat for crosses and you get a better worker. So if price is higher for Joao give me Moore. 

Im not particularly fussed about either of them,, but if i was pressed on the subject i would go for joao who has at least scored goals in the championship.

if the webster deal goes through, that potentially puts us in a different market for strikers as far as i can see.

19 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He can finish? With his feet?!

Not really seen that for a while in our squad but seems like something we may want to try.  Will be strange to witness if it happens.

Archived