Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Coppello

Kieffer Moore - Signed for Wigan

It depends what we are looking for surely.

If we are truly looking to progress the style, then he's not ideal. One idea though could be that he is a cheaper plan B than Diedhiou if we can turn a profit on him (in whichever way form that profit would take).

If we are looking to progress the style as we supposedly have been, then I can't see how he is a sensible part of that- similar for Diedhiou but Moore in particular. What's the point in signing Maenpaa with his improved distribution over Fielding, Webster especially over Flint but also Kalas more technically comfortable than Baker though a lot less spectacular than Webster- what is the point in signing them and getting them in the side plus hopefully resigning Kalas, and hopefully Da Silva re-signed at LB...then signing Moore up front?? Makes no sense!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I’m hoping that Moore was plan B if the budget was tight and now we go higher. Having said that it looks like Barnsley want big money so I hope it’s not him that we pin our hopes on.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

Kieffer Moore upfront with Cedric Bakambu. Only in China. 

On a par with the Bobby to Man Utd tweet for me.

22 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

On a par with the Bobby to Man Utd tweet for me.

It’s insane, I know. But this is a legit huge sports media channel out of China. It’s like their Sky Sports. 

With absolutely nothing to do, I thought I'd watch Barnsley highlights to see as much of Moore as I could.

He is surprisingly quite quick for someone of his height. Much much faster than Djuric and Matt Smith. Also got a decent touch, decent shot with both feet. Hard to say about his movement but looks decent from what I can see. 

I'm not saying it's what I want, but he does seem to be a lot more than just a big target man. And he scores goals, was out for quite a long time last season and still managed 17.

I really do see LJ going for him. I think LJ really likes a number 9 that is physically strong who players can play off of. It's why Weimann never stayed up front once Diedhiou returned and it's why Reid went back to number 10 role once Diedhiou returned the season before.

LJ said at times last season about needing a Djuric type. I can really see us going for him. 2 million would be a bit of a bargain to be fair. Not saying I'd go for him, but he's worth more than 2 million imo.

I think he has much more to his game than Djuric and Matt Smith. Barnsley fans say he is a completely different player to the one that last played in the championship, so it would be wrong to look back 2 seasons to judge him.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

With absolutely nothing to do, I thought I'd watch Barnsley highlights to see as much of Moore as I could.

He is surprisingly quite quick for someone of his height. Much much faster than Djuric and Matt Smith. Also got a decent touch, decent shot with both feet. Hard to say about his movement but looks decent from what I can see. 

I'm not saying it's what I want, but he does seem to be a lot more than just a big target man. And he scores goals, was out for quite a long time last season and still managed 17.

I really do see LJ going for him. I think LJ really likes a number 9 that is physically strong who players can play off of. It's why Weimann never stayed up front once Diedhiou returned and it's why Reid went back to number 10 role once Diedhiou returned the season before.

LJ said at times last season about needing a Djuric type. I can really see us going for him. 2 million would be a bit of a bargain to be fair. Not saying I'd go for him, but he's worth more than 2 million imo.

I think he has much more to his game than Djuric and Matt Smith. Barnsley fans say he is a completely different player to the one that last played in the championship, so it would be wrong to look back 2 seasons to judge him.

He’s signed for a Chinese club a few days ago!

17 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He’s signed for a Chinese club a few days ago!

Don’t think he’s signed for them just yet, it’s just rumours going round at the moment.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Swansea interested In Moore 

They need to raise £30m net to sort out their finances so they are going to have to sell more players before they can think of spending any significant sums I imagine.

18 minutes ago, chinapig said:

They need to raise £30m net to sort out their finances so they are going to have to sell more players before they can think of spending any significant sums I imagine.

I understand their interest in in Dennis Moore. Lupins anyone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I understand their interest in in Dennis Moore. Lupins anyone. 

Robs from the poor, gives to the rich.......................stupid bitch !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chinapig said:

Flying to China perhaps.

Taking some time, maybe he's on a slow boat? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, James54De said:

I don't think many will be happy by this. I think he is a good player, but not necessarily who I want us to sign. 

He is better on the ball and a bit quicker than some might think, so he isn't just a big lump who scores some goals.

An upgrade on Djuric and Matt Smith for sure.

i think moore is the type of player we needed last season to come on for famara for three million and not massive wages it would be a good signing

16 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I don't think many will be happy by this. I think he is a good player, but not necessarily who I want us to sign. 

He is better on the ball and a bit quicker than some might think, so he isn't just a big lump who scores some goals.

An upgrade on Djuric and Matt Smith for sure.

He destroyed our defence with power and pace the last time we played at Oakwell.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

If this is the only striker we sign this summer there will be a meltdown on here.

That’s the point though. Why should he be the only one?

2 minutes ago, Leveller said:

If we keep Diedhiou and buy Moore then we have quite a lot of forward players.

I think whether Diedhiou is sold or not is massive. If he is staying then that tells me we will be going with one big striker up top every game, either Fam or Moore. It means we won't be going back to the Pato and Reid style exciting high press.

Maybe Szmodics will play up there with one of them, but we will not be a free flowing passing side as Diedhiou isn't capable of playing in that way.

If we sell Diedhiou then I see Moore as being more of a Plan B. As I expect us to bring in a quality different type of striker to replace Diedhiou like Nketiah.

I prefer that second idea out of the two.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He shouldn’t be the only one your right. I’m just sceptical as we have had a bit of a problem getting decent goal scoring strikers into the club the last 18/24 months.

I think what we lack and ought to be after (like everybody else) is a genuine small, fast goal poacher in the manner of Andy Cole or Jermaine Defoe. None of the number 10 types fit that bill.

• Like 2

I remember watching him at Yeovil when they played Man Utd and he missed their best chance. Never thought then he’d turn out to be a multi-million pound striker. Fair play to GJ for spotting the raw talent 

KM’s West Country background suggests we might appeal to him more than Millwall, apart from anything else. Born in Torquay and has played for a long list of South West clubs.

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I think what we lack and ought to be after (like everybody else) is a genuine small, fast goal poacher in the manner of Andy Cole or Jermaine Defoe. None of the number 10 types fit that bill.

Of all the names mentioned on various threads Vydra probably fits the bill most of all?

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Of all the names mentioned on various threads Vydra probably fits the bill most of all?

He's really not that kind of player. More a goalscoring 10 than a poacher. Not really quick or hard working but very skilfull and of course scores goals at this level.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

He's really not that kind of player. More a goalscoring 10 than a poacher. Not really quick or hard working but very skilfull and of course scores goals at this level.

Yeah, you`re probably right - he does have that right place, right time knack though. I wonder how many penalties he`s won in his career as well - the one for Derby at AG the season before last was him turning on the edge of the box and bursting in on goal IIRC.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yeah, you`re probably right - he does have that right place, right time knack though. I wonder how many penalties he`s won in his career as well - the one for Derby at AG the season before last was him turning on the edge of the box and bursting in on goal IIRC.

Yes, he likes to play facing the goal and using his skill. I was surprised he went to Burnley, not a Dyche sort of player 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Agree. And we have a player in Eliasson who is just about the best crosser I have ever seen down here. His amazing whipped in crosses are just too quick for Diedhiou.

It's not even simply down to Diedhiou not knowing where to be, or not knowing how to score goals. The season before showed Diedhiou can certainly score by being in the right place at the right time.

But it's more that Diedhiou isn't sharp enough off the mark to get onto those brilliant balls that get fired between the centre backs and goalie across goal.

How many times did we see Diedhiou dive, and often at the right time as he can't go before Eliasson puts it in, but just isn't quick enough to get onto it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Jarrod Bowen would be the player I think we need, scores all types of goals and right age

And I believe Hull quoted Tottenham £20m for him!

I've always been quite impressed with Moore when I've seen him.

For a big guy he's looks to have a good touch and looks quite mobile.

I think I'd probably prefer him over Diedhiou.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

He destroyed our defence with power and pace the last time we played at Oakwell.

Yep and atrocious defending from us, or should I say Baker!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree. And we have a player in Eliasson who is just about the best crosser I have ever seen down here. His amazing whipped in crosses are just too quick for Diedhiou.

Jon, our favourite Swede (sorry Tommy) is better than Sir Alan Walsh?

1 minute ago, Norn Iron said:

Jon, our favourite Swede (sorry Tommy) is better than Sir Alan Walsh?

I only started watching early 90s, so only comparing to who I been down and seen.

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Andy Cole wasn’t that small...

6 hours ago, Leveller said:

I'm not really sure how well poachers work at this level- and certainly above- in 2019.

16 hours ago, chinapig said:

But mainly with his elbows and forearms

54 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

But mainly with his elbows and forearms

With our apparent relationship with referees that could be a problem. We saw many a player getting away with those sort of challenges last year, whilst anyone on a City shirt seemed to get into trouble for breathing to heavy in their direction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

With our apparent relationship with referees that could be a problem. We saw many a player getting away with those sort of challenges last year, whilst anyone on a City shirt seemed to get into trouble for breathing to heavy in their direction.

Yes, but we got some nice apology letters.

• Haha 1