IGNORED

On the Motorway - Do you shoulder check?

CrazyInWeston

13 hours ago, RumRed said:

remove the rotor arm

A mate of mine did that one night and due to a very heavy night forgot he had done so and called the AA next day when the car wouldn't start! I suggested that he should call another organisation with the acronym "AA"..... That said, like me we always used to and still do glance over the shoulder ??

14 hours ago, RumRed said:

Always shoulder check, but then I still change through the gears when coming to a stop.  Apparently that’s not a thing now though, kids are being taught to coast on the clutch, so what do I know?

I’m also old enough to know that if you park your car in a dodgy area you remove the rotor arm.

I have recently got my license and was always told not to coast on the clutch. However, there is very little standardisation with instructors and it's not the sort of thing they would fail you for on a test.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:05, Captain Hindsight said:

It doesn’t mean your vehicle WILL have to slow down if you buy a new car come 2022, it’ll be no different from those that currently have the tech already. My car has it and it makes no odds.

Many don’t know this. Like many don’t know how quite a few things operate within their vehicle.

As for driving on the motorway, I always look over my shoulder regardless of which lane I’m going into. As someone above mentioned, I’ll assume everyone on the road is an idiot.

Doing 25-30k miles a year, I’d put myself at higher risk so have to be extra vigilant to try and lower the consequence of a lapse on anyone’s behalf.

Hear hear mate! I do 50k a year and some of the things you see beggar belief!

On 16/05/2019 at 18:28, AppyDAZE said:

Step aside you lot and let the pro drivers speak ...

Shoulder checking is a MUST, but only if you can quickly look away before she catches you ogling.

Wear sunglasses where you can't see your eyes through the lens - you can look for longer coming up to, and then when you're using your mirrors :cool2:

11 minutes ago, Taz said:

Wear sunglasses where you can't see your eyes through the lens - you can look for longer coming up to, and then when you're using your mirrors :cool2:

True, but have you noticed how the oppo sex have taken to using the same tactics these days?

They can see you looking without you knowing they are looking at you looking :laugh:

Complicated, but fun. Blokes get all the blame, but women have wandering eyes just the same. They're just a little more sly about it.

Archived