IGNORED

Chris Hughton - Sacked (BBC)

RedRobin96

1 minute ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Wonder if LJ would be tempted if they came calling? Would be the perfect step up imo. I’d like to think he’d give us 1 more year tho.

Would it really be a step up though? Must be one of the favourites for relegation next year with a fairly average squad even for the Championship. 

9 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Wonder if LJ would be tempted if they came calling? Would be the perfect step up imo. I’d like to think he’d give us 1 more year tho.

Premiership club? Yeah he'd be gone in a shot. Don't think they would even consider him though, as he's too inconsistant (or streaky as some would say).

They'll go for a bigger name, possibly even the foreign route, because as others have said, they will be one of the favourites to go down next season. 

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Would anyone have Hughton as BCFC manager over Johnson? 

Nope, but I'd have him on the coaching team alongside LJ, if of course Lee approved.  Invaluable experience and knows what it takes to win promotion.

If Lee left to join Brighton, I'd certainly take Chris as Lee's replacement.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Premiership club? Yeah he'd be gone in a shot. Don't think they would even consider him though, as he's too inconsistant (or streaky as some would say).

They'll go for a bigger name, possibly even the foreign route, because as others have said, they will be one of the favourites to go down next season. 

Just thinking random foreign names, and imagine the shock if they appointed Jose Mourhino.

I'd love it if one of the so-called big name managers took on a smaller job, with lower budget etc.

20 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Yes, I think you'd be mad to not take someone with two promotions out of this league in the last 10 years. Yes the Newcastle one was expected, but the Brighton one was impressive.

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yes, I think you'd be mad to not take someone with two promotions out of this league in the last 10 years. Yes the Newcastle one was expected, but the Brighton one was impressive.

He also nearly took Birmingham straight back up when in disarray in 2011/12. Solid body of work over his career, reasonable Europa League campaign too.

Some quite heavy investment at Brighton too though- would we give him the same- would he take us up on LJ's budget?

28 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Would it really be a step up though? Must be one of the favourites for relegation next year with a fairly average squad even for the Championship. 

Definite step up but I can't imagine they would come calling for the reasons you cite - they will be nailed on for relegation next season so should seek someone with previous of keeping a team up by hook or by crook.

20 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

I would, in theory. Two Championship promotions on his CV. In reality though, I certainly wouldn't want the upheaval of replacing our current head coach who is doing a fine job himself.

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Definitely. Plus he has kept them up for 2 seasons with a crap squad by Prem standards

Unbelievable, year upon year of progress followed by one dodgy but by no means disastrous season, GONE. So clinical and harsh.

I admire them, the way they have built their club and the fans respecting Man City yesterday but this strikes me as a Charlton/Curbishley moment.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Unbelievable, year upon year of progress followed by one dodgy but by no means disastrous season, GONE. So clinical and harsh.

I admire them, the way they have built their club and the fans respecting Man City yesterday but this strikes me as a Charlton/Curbishley moment.

Bang on.

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Graeme Potter early favourite at 1/8 on . 

Would be a good move for him- Swansea seem to be in asset stripping mode and he'll have some money to spend at Brighton.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Or perhaps alternatively, a Watford moment- look how often they have changed managers and even in the PL? You only have to get it wrong once though...

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

He also nearly took Birmingham straight back up when in disarray in 2011/12. Solid body of work, reasonable Europa League campaign too.

Some quite heavy investment at Brighton too though- would we give him the same- would he take us up on LJ's budget?

Yes definitely a very good manager at this level. Was his budget at Brighton that big when they went up? Think they only paid fees for Duffy and Murray that year!

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are all quick to judge Brighton’s decision but we know nothing about the situation other than the results.

On results, they declined badly in all metrics post Christmas, seemingly performances too.

Either they were significantly over performing until say early January, or they got into a slump that Hughton couldn't turn around.

Forgot about them reaching the FA Cup semi final- harsh decision!

Archived