IGNORED

Chris Hughton - Sacked (BBC)

RedRobin96

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Quite right to highlight this issue, the number of BAME players should equate to the same number of BAME managers, but it clearly doesn’t, something’s blocking their path to management

I'm not saying there isn't a problem or anything, it was just how SSN presented it, it didn't come across that well. It felt like blame being put on Brighton for the decision to get rid of a BAME manager rather than just getting rid of a manager.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Haha. Disgusting is it @Red7 ? What would you have done? Just kept him playing defensive dire football and finishing near the bottom? 

Their board, and seemingly fans, want more and to see if they can push on. They’ve decided that Hughton has taken them as far as he can. Hardly ‘disgusting’ to want to improve! 

I guess they’ll bring in Tony Clueless.

:rofl2br:

2 hours ago, hodge said:

I'm not saying there isn't a problem or anything, it was just how SSN presented it, it didn't come across that well. It felt like blame being put on Brighton for the decision to get rid of a BAME manager rather than just getting rid of a manager.

John Barnes was interviewed on SSN and played the race card again................:sleeping:

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Haha. Disgusting is it @Red7 ?

Yes, in my opinion. 

Did pretty well, given the attacking options he had. I'd have kept him on.

I expect the Brighton fans are similarly split in their opinions. The few I've talked to would rather be in the prem. and struggle for a couple of years than back in the Championship. 

19 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Yes, in my opinion. 

I expect the Brighton fans are similarly split in their opinions. The few I've talked to would rather be in the prem. and struggle for a couple of years than back in the Championship. 

As said earlier, the strikers he's signed in the prem have largely been a failure, that's his fault so you can't say given the attacking options he had.

Also the poll on the main Brighton forum is still at 75% being in favour of the club being right to sack him, so doesn't seem that split, many said they voted the club were right with a heavy heart etc but the club still did the right thing.

22 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

He, unlike you, has a decent awareness of what black players and managers have to go through. Stick to talking about stuff you have a brief comprehension of. 

Nah.......he like Sol Campbell have huge chips on their shoulders.

38 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

He, unlike you, has a decent awareness of what black players and managers have to go through. Stick to talking about stuff you have a brief comprehension of. 

ffs give it a rest....

1 minute ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Oh you daft old racist. I don’t know if either of them have chips on their shoulders but I wouldn’t blame them for feeling discriminated against when they have suffered a hell of a lot of abuse at the hands of fans like you.

how have they been discriminated against being appointed in top jobs or playing for their respective countries

1 hour ago, Red7 said:

Yes, in my opinion. 

He bought the attacking options.

They were dire.

Chose to play safe rather than attack.

I think Brighton fans are pleased they stayed up but looked at Norwich, Sheffield United, and thought "they're better than us".

I tipped them to go down. They nearly did.

14 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Oh you daft old racist. I don’t know if either of them have chips on their shoulders but I wouldn’t blame them for feeling discriminated against when they have suffered a hell of a lot of abuse at the hands of fans like you.

According to Barnes and Campbell any black manager that loses his job is down to the fact they’re black........I call that having a chip on their shoulders.

If anybody is being racist it’s those two.

20 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

ffs give it a rest....

how have they been discriminated against being appointed in top jobs or playing for their respective countries

In those ways they haven’t been discriminated against, they have just achieved what their talent deserved. If you don’t think they have been discriminated against in life, then you have the issue.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

As said earlier, the strikers he's signed in the prem have largely been a failure, that's his fault so you can't say given the attacking options he had.

Also the poll on the main Brighton forum is still at 75% being in favour of the club being right to sack him, so doesn't seem that split, many said they voted the club were right with a heavy heart etc but the club still did the right thing.

Yes and no IMO.

Before Christmas or until early, mid Jan they were reasonably positive or so it looked from the outside- things look to have fallen off a cliff.

His tactics in much of 2019 arguably played a part in attacking players not doing so well. That said if it's true what Kieran Maguire said on Twitter, Brighton algorithm ruling out David Brooks was less than clever...scouts recommended him.

They also had Pascal Gross injured for decent periods I believe- an important part of the attacking side of their game.

Would also add they I believe scored 7 less goals in the 2nd half of season to the first. Definitely declined badly. 8 points less too!

3 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

In those ways they haven’t been discriminated against, they have just achieved what their talent deserved. If you don’t think they have been discriminated against in life, then you have the issue.

what proof you got they've been discriminated in life then?

22 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

He bought the attacking options.

They were dire.

Chose to play safe rather than attack.

I think Brighton fans are pleased they stayed up but looked at Norwich, Sheffield United, and thought "they're better than us".

I tipped them to go down. They nearly did.

Is coming out now that he had no say in any of the transfers, were all made by higher ups 

7 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

what proof you got they've been discriminated in life then?

Safe to say all black people have been discriminated against at one point or another. Could be police stopping them. Could be job interviews. Dads of daughters they’ve dated. Many many different reasons I suspect. 

8 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Managers get sacked usually through poor results, as was the case with Houghton. It’s got bugger all to do with the colour of your skin but Barnes/Campbell always play the race card.

Just now, EmissionImpossible said:

How are they being racist?

Think about it....................Nobody bats an eyelid when any manager gets the sack but these two bring race into into when the dismissed manager is non white, particularly if they’re black and by doing so bring race/colour into it - if that’s not racism then when what it is?

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Quite right to highlight this issue, the number of BAME players should equate to the same number of BAME managers, but it clearly doesn’t, something’s blocking their path to management

How many BAME coaches in the game at  any level ? Genuine question.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Managers get sacked usually through poor results, as was the case with Houghton. It’s got bugger all to do with the colour of your skin but Barnes/Campbell always play the race card.

I’m not saying he was sacked because of the colour of his skin but there is a severe lack of black managers and sure Paul Ince or whoever  may be just terrible managers but the lack of black managers isn’t due to trying.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Think about it....................Nobody bats an eyelid when any manager gets the sack but these two bring race into into when the dismissed manager is non white, particularly if they’re black and by doing so bring race/colour into it - if that’s not racism then when what it is?

They bring race into it because it is sad to see such a small representation of black managers not because they believe they were sacked for being black.

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Is coming out now that he had no say in any of the transfers, were all made by higher ups 

Obvious, strange that people are using it as a stick to beat him. That Jahanbaksh prime example, cost £17m their biggest ever and cant do anything. Looks tidy enough as do most Champ players, but cant score or effect the game at all. Dont see how that was Hughton's fault.

Archived