IGNORED

Chris Hughton - Sacked (BBC)

RedRobin96

12 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

He got sacked because results have been poor and  he completely lost the dressing room.

the players didn't want to play for him.

Nothing to do with him being black or dual heritage ffs.

I think the dressing room at the amex is down the tunnel 2nd door on the left.....

56 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How many BAME coaches in the game at  any level ? Genuine question.

Remarkably low and that’s a fair point that Campbell/Barnes raise but claim that such a low percentage is all down down to colour - suggesting that those make managerial appointments are racist. To me that’s complete bollocks.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Now there's a manager who should be in a higher position than either club with respect to them both- he wants Newcastle to invest and invest well, try to realise their undoubted potential and he's got as good a chance as any at unlocking it...but they won't while they remain under Mike Ashley with his mindset at this time.

Valencia return if they make top 4 would be a good bet for him- and them IMO. Or Atletico if Simeone goes elsewhere, pretty strong squad, decent age profile- would play football a bit more positive than Simeone too. Think he was a bit hard done by not to be kept on at Chelsea tbh even though his appointment was only interim. Lyon maybe, though wage budget maybe an issue.

Mike Ashley is such a mug. Newcastle could be a real powerhouse with some backing. Such a shame a certain Russian billionaire chose Chavski over the likes of them. Then again, rather Chavski than Leeds! (As the tale goes..)

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Remarkably low and that’s a fair point that Campbell/Barnes raise but claim that such a low percentage is all down down to colour - suggesting that those make managerial appointments are racist. To me that’s complete bollocks.

Remember Sol would have been an England Captain for 10 years; over the likes of Shearer... and amazingly; Ince, if he was white. Despite being noted as one of the quietest in the dressing room. 

It is these outlandish claims which do the cause such harm. It frankly would take a brave chairman to appoint Campbell knowing if you sacked him without giving more chances than LJ he’s possibly going to slander you. 

Contrast that with Raheem Sterling, who’s remarkable season on the pitch is only bettered off where he has been an absolute ambassador and truly impactful. I’ve had little time for Sterling previously and admittedly I initially didn’t buy his claims - and then he presented how he was represented time and time and time again. He made founded claims; some, like Campbell, like Ince, make soundbites and do more harm. 

35 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Mike Ashley is such a mug. Newcastle could be a real powerhouse with some backing. Such a shame a certain Russian billionaire chose Chavski over the likes of them. Then again, rather Chavski than Leeds! (As the tale goes..)

If that 'nice' Mr. Putin had displayed proper zero tolerance in 2000, and had said Russian oligarch been not in his relatively good graces at this time...

Well, I'm unsure he would have brought or been able to buy anyone! :)

11 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Graham Potter early favourite at 1/8 on . Unbelievable short odds 

Frank Lampard is also on the shortlist apparently according to a radio report? He’s had an impressive start to his managerial career - but surely it’s too early for a premier league club to take him on?

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Frank Lampard is also on the shortlist apparently according to a radio report? He’s had an impressive start to his managerial career - but surely it’s too early for a premier league club to take him on?

Frank Lampard's Brighton and Hove Albion is surely too much of a  mouthful.

4 hours ago, hodge said:

As said earlier, the strikers he's signed in the prem have largely been a failure, that's his fault so you can't say given the attacking options he had.

Also the poll on the main Brighton forum is still at 75% being in favour of the club being right to sack him, so doesn't seem that split,

Could he have got better strikers than that with the money made available to him? Hardly entirely his fault.

75% to 25% is still a split...of 75% to 25%.   

4 minutes ago, Red7 said:

Could he have got better strikers than that with the money made available to him? Hardly entirely his fault.

75% to 25% is still a split...of 75% to 25%.   

Jahanbakhsh was a club record fee rumoured to be £17m, Locadia was £10m upfront with potential £5m add on and Andone 6m euros. That's a fair chunk to have brought in a good striker.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Managers get sacked usually through poor results, as was the case with Houghton. It’s got bugger all to do with the colour of your skin but Barnes/Campbell always play the race card.

I sometimes feel sorry for you with all the abuse you get on here. However now I understand it completely. You can’t even get his name right and your comments absolutely smack of latent racism. 

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Jahanbakhsh was a club record fee rumoured to be £17m, Locadia was £10m upfront with potential £5m add on and Andone 6m euros. That's a fair chunk to have brought in a good striker.

Think a different manager could maybe get different out of them- Hughton for all his positive qualities, has seemed pretty risk averse since Christmas.

Pascal Gross- as pointed out by Kieran Maguire on Twitter, not only a Football Finance Expert but also a Brighton fan- is a key part of the attacking/creative phase of their game. Has been in and out due to injury, not helped. I see decent technical ability in a reasonable number of their players. Montoya and Bernardo modernish full backs, Bissouma good things about him, Gross creative, March of course a good player, Knockaert defnitely- Murray given his age as no.1 striker doesn't seem so compatible with that to me.

I mean clearly they aren't a stellar squad, but stylistically since Christmas? Could do better IMO.

6 hours ago, forestofdean said:

I agree with robbored,what is it when a black manager gets the boot it turns into a racist drama,played crap football,created next to nothing in chances won 3 games since xmas spent money on rubbish players that's why he had the sack

It's called discrimination according to some on here..... 

On 13/05/2019 at 09:49, Red7 said:

Disgusting decision, in my book, after what he's done for the club.

That was my initial reaction, although I suppose now they need to push on. It’s either stick or twist. 

Rightly or wrongly, I suppose you can’t blame them for trying to progress and they could have gone back down, with a stronger bottom 3 teams behind them. 

Harsh, I agree, but I guess that’s the reality of football.

Wherever Houghton goes, they will be getting a good manager.  

23 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Quite right to highlight this issue, the number of BAME players should equate to the same number of BAME managers, but it clearly doesn’t, something’s blocking their path to management

Are you equally concerned by the comparatively small percentage of white players in the game (versus population)? 

If percentages is all people look at then it's a 2 way street. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That was my initial reaction, although I suppose now they need to push on. It’s either stick or twist. 

Yes, I suppose that's fair enough. We'll know whether it was a good decision or not in a year's time. 

23 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Wilder and Lampard both linked with Brighton, as a Plan B if they can't get Potter.

Frank Lampard’s Brighton & Hove Albion...?! I doubt commentators are going to be keen on that appointment..! 

Archived