IGNORED

Chris Hughton - Sacked (BBC)

RedRobin96

From the BBC website.

Kick It Out have "unreservedly apologised" to Brighton following comments made by its Head of Development Troy Townsend over the dismissal of Chris Hughton. 

Hughton was sacked by Brighton on Monday after securing them a 17th-placed finish in the Premier League.

Townsend then criticised the decision in a Daily Telegraph interview.

Kick It Out said it apologised "for the impact the comments have had on the club's reputation".

The anti-racism body added in a statement it was also sorry for any inference from Townsend's comments that Hughton's sacking was "linked in any way to his ethnicity".

On 13/05/2019 at 20:38, 29AR said:

Remember Sol would have been an England Captain for 10 years; over the likes of Shearer... and amazingly; Ince, if he was white. Despite being noted as one of the quietest in the dressing room. 

It is these outlandish claims which do the cause such harm. It frankly would take a brave chairman to appoint Campbell knowing if you sacked him without giving more chances than LJ he’s possibly going to slander you. 

Contrast that with Raheem Sterling, who’s remarkable season on the pitch is only bettered off where he has been an absolute ambassador and truly impactful. I’ve had little time for Sterling previously and admittedly I initially didn’t buy his claims - and then he presented how he was represented time and time and time again. He made founded claims; some, like Campbell, like Ince, make soundbites and do more harm. 

Interesting you had little time for Sterling. On what grounds?

this is an excellent listen on the man and racism

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0004yw8

10 minutes ago, RedDave said:

For the people that claim the media don't have an agenda against him..

As many of you are aware I am in exile in France and on my returns to the UK I am quite frankly appalled as to what passes for journalism .

There is so much dumbing down it is terrifying. 

No wonder Zombie films are so popular. We need to wake up and demand real news . Don’t buy the comics that pass for newspapers.

The people who hold most of the wealth in this world are laughing at us . Whilst we lap up pictures of the Kardashian’s, the Royal family and nobodies from reality tv shows, they are quietly shafting the planet and ninety five per cent of the human race for their own means.

Wake the **** up or sleepwalk into oblivion.

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

I didn’t like the way he acted or carried himself, but being brutally honest regarding myself; I think I was blind to the media campaign against him and let that lead me to form an incorrect opinion. A lesson for me to learn and as @Major Isewater says, I needed waking up.  It’s quite embarrassing on reflection that I didn’t see it. 

I have a vastly different opinion on him now. 

15 hours ago, RedDave said:

Are you saying he should put up with it as he is paid well? 

no,but it would not bother me as a person(sticks and stones}.also there is so many white people who have been in the same situation with the newspapers but I have never seen a big drama made of it

10 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

no,but it would not bother me as a person(sticks and stones}.also there is so many white people who have been in the same situation with the newspapers but I have never seen a big drama made of it

You aren’t black so don’t know if it would bother you or not 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

You aren’t black so don’t know if it would bother you or not 

well I lived in a caravan for 14 years and had all the classics directed me pikey,gyspey traveller{water off a ducks back} be proud of who you are no matter what.

Archived