IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda (Merged)

Coppello

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Nothing wrong with him listening to his dad and agent, that's fine, but I doubt they'd be telling him he's good enough for the Prem - even Callum would know that's nonsense, unless he's a bona fide, delusional nutter.

If it's only a question of money and greed, and a team like Stoke (mentioned above) are offering more than we can match, I accept that CO'D is a bit of a dick, as it would show no ambition to go to Stoke.

I think they will do rather better next season and if we finished above them we would be right in the mix. As a consequence of prolonged periods in the top flight they are a bigger club with better players than us and that would in my opinion represent a good move for him.

Plus they would pay him a lot more.

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Certainly did last season!

Afobe, Woods, Clucas, McClean to name a few...dunno about now though, but they have £33m in parachute payments so they might spend modestly, especially if they can shift high earners.

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Woods, now there is a player that i would like to see us go after! Was very good for Brentford but I don't think he has played too often for Stoke due to be too similar to Joe Allen.

I heard Nathan Jones is looking to move on Ryan Woods!!!!

40 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

He's been gone too long to make that sort of decision 

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

Half of OTIB will not have a clue @Top Robin :sub:

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The Supreme older half, like me, will know exactly what he means.

He’ll be managing in the Bananarama league at some point

On 15/05/2019 at 11:15, reddogkev said:

I'd still try and commit CO'D to the club with an extra contract, even if it means amending the offered terms.  Find out what he wants to stay at the club, as he's nowhere near ready for the Prem - so his only option would still be the Championship.  Play him every week and he will have a quality season, I'm sure of it!

He would be better served staying here.  Unless he has his heart set on a move elsewhere (Leeds for example); I think the club will regret it if we can't get him to stay longer.

If Clarke at Leeds goes as is looking likely then I can see Leeds coming for Odowda in the transfer window

I still think we will be looking for £5 - 7m 

12 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He's a current international so they don't come cheap.

Depends on the current  status of the country  surely if being an international adds £ to a players value ? ROI ain't what they were and he'd have been nowhere near their squad when they were decent.

31 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Depends on the current  status of the country  surely if being an international adds £ to a players value ? ROI ain't what they were and he'd have been nowhere near their squad when they were decent.

If that logic is applied to all players, Harry Kane would have been "nowhere near the England squad when they were decent" (although I struggle to think of when that may have been!)

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't.

I don't quite know how to say this, @cidered abroad, but there is old and very old, i.e. ancient ?.

The Supremes, probably Diana Ross and The Supremes when you were at BGS, sang this song (Nathan Jones) back in the early 1970s (before it was butchered by the {Bristolian} girls group Bananarama). 

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If that logic is applied to all players, Harry Kane would have been "nowhere near the England squad when they were decent" (although I struggle to think of when that may have been!)

Really ?

Would have gotten into any England squad in my lifetime and i'm an old bastard.

If that's a whoosh apologies in advance !

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't quite know how to say this, @cidered abroad, but there is old and very old, i.e. ancient ?.

The Supremes, probably Diana Ross and The Supremes when you were at BGS, sang this song (Nathan Jones) back in the early 1970s (before it was butchered by the {Bristolian} girls group Bananarama). 

Too late for my teens. Left school in 1960. My era was Elvis, Buddy (saw him at Hippodrome) Little Richard (saw him day after concert coming out of Grand Hotel waiting for tour bus) Everlys, and so on. Married by early 1970's so no time or money for pop records then.

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm ancient.

@PHILINFRANCE

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Only two thirds Bristolian

13 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Too late for my teens. Left school in 1960. My era was Elvis, Buddy (saw him at Hippodrome) Little Richard (saw him day after concert coming out of Grand Hotel waiting for tour bus) Everlys, and so on. Married by early 1970's so no time or money for pop records then.

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm ancient.

@PHILINFRANCE

They were great too CA.

17 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Anyone surprised that Callum hasn't gone yet?  Wonder how many clubs are thinking of signing him.

He might discover that he's not so highly coveted and end up staying here. 

Do we want a player that didnt /doesnt want to be here ? 

Hopefully he will move on only want players who to be here given a shirt.

23 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

They've had a bit accepted for Helder Costa at Wolves apparently.

Thanks, interesting.

I wonder if O'Dowda is at least at risk of getting a reputation of being trouble, which is going to put clubs off.

Will he return to pre-season training claiming he is still injured?

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Thanks, interesting.

I wonder if O'Dowda is at least at risk of getting a reputation of being trouble, which is going to put clubs off.

Will he return to pre-season training claiming he is still injured?

His own fault if he doesn't move on and his reputation is tarnished, or if he doesn't play for us ever again. Yes it would be nice to get some decent money for a player who doesn't want to be here, but other than that leave him with the U23s imo. When a player comes calling the shots for contract negotiations and then the club agrees he should have signed there and then. If he wants to play silly games with his own future and the club, well then 2 can play those games.

11 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Given they were interested in COD before Clarke leaving it would suggest that the two are unrelated and the interest in Callum remains?

Or they moved on from O'Dowda as Costa became available?

Clarke leaving had also been rumoured for a while.

Archived