IGNORED

Pulis on his way..

bcfc01

Hughton is the first name that comes to mind, but is closely followed by Lee Johnson.

If an approach was made, then I genuinely feel that it's one job that could tempt Johnson Jnr - English chairman, good financial position, will probably be one of the favourites for promotion next season, it ticks all the boxes.

As I said, probably Hughton, but would be amazed if Lee isn't on that list of people they would want.

Reading the opening thread, I was kind of hoping he was leaving the country for good and taking his brand of football with him to some far off Eastern European country where "Dolph Lundgren" 6'5" plus type people are aplenty & more suited to his brand of football 

On 14/05/2019 at 18:54, SecretSam said:

Yeah, but did you go to that Bournemouth game after he left? Atmosphere in the away end was unbelievable. And we won!

Very fond memories of that game. Hugely celebratory atmosphere. It felt like a weight had been lifted off our shoulders. The pub we went to before the game was packed with City fans singing in full voice about Pulis being a w**ker (and he truly is). The over-riding feeling was of relief rather than any anger that he had chosen to leave. There was a decent turnout of City fans at the game where the party mood continued, helped by it being an entertaining game (we’d almost forgotten what those were like) and a 3-2 win. From what I remember Thorpe was recalled to the team that day after previously being frozen out. 

Jokanovic heavily linked- being interviewed tomorrow actually.

They might be a real force with him...but it can take a while for his methods to translate. Took him some time at Fulham and particularly 2017/18. Also though when he came in in 2015/16, took him some while to get his first win and longer to get his 2nd.

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Jokanovic heavily linked- being interviewed tomorrow actually.

They might be a real force with him...but it can take a while for his methods to translate. Took him some time at Fulham and particularly 2017/18. Also though when he came in in 2015/16, took him some while to get his first win and longer to get his 2nd.

Interesting to see that Flint has liked Sky Sports tweet stating that he's being interviewed. You couldn't find a better with a more contrasting but appealing style of football compared to Pulis' crap. 

1 hour ago, Coppello said:

Interesting to see that Flint has liked Sky Sports tweet stating that he's being interviewed. You couldn't find a better with a more contrasting but appealing style of football compared to Pulis' crap. 

Jokanovic would make a lot more sense than the other 2 names I've heard linked on radio today; John Terry and Gabriel Batistuta! 

On 14/05/2019 at 18:54, SecretSam said:

Yeah, but did you go to that Bournemouth game after he left? Atmosphere in the away end was unbelievable. And we won!

Pulis resigned and became manager of Portsmouth. The following day City won 3-2 at Bournemouth whilst Portsmouth lost by the same score at home to Wolves, whose equaliser was scored by Tony Branch who Pulis had tried to sign for City and the winner came from Akinbiyi who Pulis had sold to Wolves only four months before. 

Archived