IGNORED

Robbie Cundy - Signed (Confirmed)

basshead

As long as the loanee club pays the wages, these signings can be seen as a free punt. Could easily do OK and be sold to a League One club, or alternatively get a place in our squad. Are we following the Chelsea model? Does it really matter if we never see them play for us if there’s a negligible cost?

51 minutes ago, Tammy JR said:

Think this lad might surprise us

I remember posting on here after I watched them against Torquay at home, he was absolutely superb, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch

i know teams were sniffing around in Jan but bath city basically begged and pleaded he be left alone till end of season, and obviously got there wish with city paying a small sum for him

its a no brainier for city with the money it’s cost and the lad will have a career in pro football no doubt about it 

8 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

I remember posting on here after I watched them against Torquay at home, he was absolutely superb, head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch

i know teams were sniffing around in Jan but bath city basically begged and pleaded he be left alone till end of season, and obviously got there wish with city paying a small sum for him

its a no brainier for city with the money it’s cost and the lad will have a career in pro football no doubt about it 

Welcome to the club, Rob.  Here's hoping you're good enough to push for the first team in the not-so-distant future.

I feel his comments are interesting (taken from the city site):

“I’ll come in at Under-23s level first and maybe go on loan somewhere, get some games at a high level and get more experience from that.

“Hopefully if I do well it will lead on to better things here but we will have to wait and see.”

It sounds like he has doubts about whether he will play for City, with his 'wait and see' comment.

With all the players we send out on loan, we'll soon have the Chelsea of the Championship reputation!

On 14/05/2019 at 09:55, Hampshire reds said:

mark shail came from non league and what a player he was 

Mark Shail was absolute class, a number of his fellow players (one recently) also said what a fantastic player he was, for those who did not see him play, he was very similar to Adam Webster, in that he was a good defender, but an even better footballer. I think he was a brainy guy off the pitch, but he was also certainly blessed with a good footballing brain on the pitch.

I think we cgot him from Yeovil,

On 14/05/2019 at 08:56, Robert the bruce said:

Plenty of players make a late move into the pro ranks & do well..

I remember Swindon signing Bryan Wade from bath when he was 22/23 and working as a stonemason!...,managed to 'carve out a career for himself ? ..

He obviously gave the right handshake to the right person

33 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Welcome to the club, Rob.  Here's hoping you're good enough to push for the first team in the not-so-distant future.

“I’ll come in at Under-23s level first and maybe go on loan somewhere, get some games at a high level and get more experience from that.

“Hopefully if I do well it will lead on to better things here but we will have to wait and see.”

It sounds like he has doubts about whether he will play for City, with his 'wait and see' comment.

With all the players we send out on loan, we'll soon have the Chelsea of the Championship reputation!

I read it as being humble and keeping his feet on the ground. Clearly focused on taking it one step at a time. 

39 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I don’t think it’s so much doubting his ability but recognising that it is a huge step up in his career and he’s, wisely, not taking anything for granted.

How would you feel if he came over all Billy Bignuts giving it the large one about pushing Webster out of the side ? 

41 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Mark Shail was absolute class, a number of his fellow players (one recently) also said what a fantastic player he was, for those who did not see him play, he was very similar to Adam Webster, in that he was a good defender, but an even better footballer. I think he was a brainy guy off the pitch, but he was also certainly blessed with a good footballing brain on the pitch.

I think we cgot him from Yeovil,

He was hard as nails.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

If he had doubts he wouldn’t have signed for us. However he’s hardly going to say “give it a month and I’ll take Webster’s place for good” in his first interview!! What is clear from reading the Bath website is that he saw joining them last season as a stepping stone to getting into professional football and judging by Jerry Gill’s comments he listened, worked hard and made a huge improvement over the course of the season.

Obviously four tiers is a huge step up for the lad so a season long League 2 loan makes huge sense for his development but nobody seems to have a bad word to say about him and even at that level if you are getting Players, Managers and Supporters Player of the Year awards you really have to be a stand out player.

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Let's be fair, he's probably being honest (which is refreshing). He will realise the chance he now has, will probably play/train and give 150% because he knows what it's like to be outside of the "professional footballer bubble".

He might not make it, may end up at a L1/2 club, or he may do a Flint/Vardy/Wright and flourish once given the chance. 

Signings like this are a gamble that are worth taking from the clubs prospective, minimal outlay, giving someone a chance to prove their worth, and if/when he moves on it could well be for a big fee. Might be for nothing, but it's worth a shot.

Good signing, and will be worth keeping an eye on.

6 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Might be Moore

Hope not - can't see him as an improvement on Hunt whatsoever.

17 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Going straight to Cheltenham on loan 

An interesting choice, if true.

I'm left wondering at what point next season Cheltenham will feel confident enough to pick a novice at centre half while the team struggles to stay in the Football League (they've had relegation worries every season in recent times)  

If I were Taylor Moore, I'd be pissed off with my time at Bristol City. I know he's still young, but he turned down first-team football in the French second division to not playing in England's second division. Since Moore had a good season at Southend, I would expect Championship or bust.

IMO, both Vyner and Moore should be given an opportunity to impress at the back, and while it'd be nice to see waht Cundy can do, I can only assume he'll be given his chance to impress on loan, like Vyner and Moore have successfully done.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

If I were Taylor Moore, I'd be pissed off with my time at Bristol City. I know he's still young, but he turned down first-team football in the French second division to not playing in England's second division. Since Moore had a good season at Southend, I would expect Championship or bust.

IMO, both Vyner and Moore should be given an opportunity to impress at the back, and while it'd be nice to see waht Cundy can do, I can only assume he'll be given his chance to impress on loan, like Vyner and Moore have successfully done.

I think Pre-Season is make or break for both players with regards to their futures here. 

Moore has had plenty of loan spells, and his initial contract can't have much more than another season or so to run? It's thought that he was going to get a decent run for this season, but then picked up an injury, so went out on loan. I would be surprised if he started as a first choice (RB/CB), but would hope he would be pressing for a regular place in the matchday squad. Otherwise he may as well be sold off now, because his value is just going to run down. Could be one that is sold with a future sell on fee, or first refusal should he pick up a few years down the line.

Vyner has had his season on loan in the Championship with Rotherham, and that move could prove to be a masterstroke by the management - experience of the league we're playing in, without mistakes affecting our league position/results. He has overcome a bit of criticism there, and has since had very good reviews from Rotherham fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lining up as a starter next season, providing he comes through the friendlies relatively well.

2 players that have potential for us, but eventually that potential has to shine through. Personally I think the Vyner is the one that is more likely to come through, but would love for both to make it. 

2 hours ago, Taz said:

I think Pre-Season is make or break for both players with regards to their futures here. 

Moore has had plenty of loan spells, and his initial contract can't have much more than another season or so to run? It's thought that he was going to get a decent run for this season, but then picked up an injury, so went out on loan. I would be surprised if he started as a first choice (RB/CB), but would hope he would be pressing for a regular place in the matchday squad. Otherwise he may as well be sold off now, because his value is just going to run down. Could be one that is sold with a future sell on fee, or first refusal should he pick up a few years down the line.

Vyner has had his season on loan in the Championship with Rotherham, and that move could prove to be a masterstroke by the management - experience of the league we're playing in, without mistakes affecting our league position/results. He has overcome a bit of criticism there, and has since had very good reviews from Rotherham fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see him lining up as a starter next season, providing he comes through the friendlies relatively well.

2 players that have potential for us, but eventually that potential has to shine through. Personally I think the Vyner is the one that is more likely to come through, but would love for both to make it. 

Moore signed a 1 year extension last summer, so his initial deal that expired this summer, will now expire next summer.  I think City sensed 18/19 season would be a guide to whether he stayed beyond this summer, so didn’t want him out on loan with an expiring contract, hence the one year extension to provide us with a bit of protection.

I think Vyner has jumped ahead of Moore, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he is sold in this window.

On 14/05/2019 at 08:38, Redrascal2 said:

Must mean we aren't signing Kalas then!!

Wishful thinking he's unfortunately out of our reach and if we get anywhere near his commitment and passion will do well.... Mr Cundy is a out and out ball winners and could slot nicely next to AW could be very shrewd buisness by LJ. 

Archived