IGNORED

Robbie Cundy - Signed (Confirmed)

basshead

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Moore signed a 1 year extension last summer, so his initial deal that expired this summer, will now expire next summer.  I think City sensed 18/19 season would be a guide to whether he stayed beyond this summer, so didn’t want him out on loan with an expiring contract, hence the one year extension to provide us with a bit of protection.

I think Vyner has jumped ahead of Moore, and it wouldn’t surprise me if he is sold in this window.

Moore was a million pound plus signing, as one for the future.  Staggering really.  I recall Gary Owers saying on a commentary few weeks back that million pound signings should be in or around first team.  I tend to agree. We r not Man City or Chelsea.  

1 hour ago, Allwaysred said:

Wishful thinking he's unfortunately out of our reach and if we get anywhere near his commitment and passion will do well.... Mr Cundy is a out and out ball winners and could slot nicely next to AW could be very shrewd buisness by LJ. 

Is Webster going to be going out on loan as well then? ?

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Moore was a million pound plus signing, as one for the future.  Staggering really.  I recall Gary Owers saying on a commentary few weeks back that million pound signings should be in or around first team.  I tend to agree. We r not Man City or Chelsea.  

£1.5m ?

...and to think he was a regular in the 18 until Xmas 2016, as a 19 year old!

On 14/05/2019 at 09:55, Hampshire reds said:

mark shail came from non league and what a player he was 

On 14/05/2019 at 13:16, JoeAman08 said:

Aden Flint was 21 or so when he first moved to Swindon. It does happen

On 15/05/2019 at 19:16, BCFCGav said:

It’s a bit of a punt but players from non-league can push on to any level. Welcome to the club!

Shaun Taylor was 23 before he signed for Exeter from non-league.

He wasn't too bad!!!

:innocent06:

3 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Why not?

We can agree both players have potential but, imo, they're a long way from our starting line-up. 

Cundy will go straight from the 6th tier Vananarama league into a Championship side - seriously? A non-league player walking into our team ahead of Webster, Baker or Wright? I've seen him play - he won't.

Holden will displace Paterson or Elliason as our "skillful but physically lightweight" attacker of choice? His career consists of little more than a dozen games for those giants Derry City and Barrow, before failing to hold down a place in a rubbish Rochdale team.

I can never tell whether your posts are elaborate fishing trips or just olympic standard tripe.    

20 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We can agree both players have potential but, imo, they're a long way from our starting line-up. 

Cundy will go straight from the 6th tier Vananarama league into a Championship side - seriously? A non-league player walking into our team ahead of Webster, Baker or Wright? I've seen him play - he won't.

Holden will displace Paterson or Elliason as our "skillful but physically lightweight" attacker of choice? His career consists of little more than a dozen games for those giants Derry City and Barrow, before failing to hold down a place in a rubbish Rochdale team.

I can never tell whether your posts are elaborate fishing trips or just olympic standard tripe.    

The way I see it Marv is that these players have been brought in as ‘ones for the future’. With Eros and Frankie already gone and more of the old guard set to move on this summer I think it’s fair to say the future is now. 

Why not add to our already strong squad with some hungry, ambitious, talented players that are already on our books and let them push for the starting 11?

7 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Shaun Taylor was 23 before he signed for Exeter from non-league.

He wasn't too bad!!!

:innocent06:

All the names mentioned  by Redtuck were indeed plucked from low reaches of the football pyramid, but they were not signed for 1.5 million as was the case I am told in Moore. 

I fully understand signing young promising players, or players with the chance of making it, but at the fees we have chucked about in recent years ? 

I recall as we all do Cotterell taking a ‘punt’ on a player in the form of Arnold Garita and that was 50k. Not millions?  Interesting to find out what Cundy as a ‘punt’ will have cost us. I guess if he makes  it will be worth it 

With Moore, I wonder if we developed him in the best way. He wasn't plucked from lower reaches unless I'm misinterpreting here, he was at Lens- quite a good academy, West Ham before that and of course England U21.

Not all players develop the same- now maybe he;s not suited but I wonder if a loan to a Bundesliga 2 club, as in German 2nd tier, might have helped- instead of a relegation scrapping Southend. Standard while not the Championship, isn't too bad- but isn't too slow either, closest stylistically to English football of the big Leagues/2nd tiers IMO. A mix of English and something like that given his background could have been worth considering- may have helped him retain a bit of value too, put him in the shop window in Europe a bit.

As for Cundy, has to be a loan out to an appropriate club surely?

You cannot come from tier 6- good prospect though he sounds- and be competing in this League, arguably something between 5th-7th in all of Europe just like that. Webster-Kalas-Kelly-Wright-hell-even-Baker-....err Cundy from Bath, albeit Oxford academy but tier 6!

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

With Moore, I wonder if we developed him in the best way. He wasn't plucked from lower reaches unless I'm misinterpreting here, he was at Lens- quite a good academy, West Ham before that and of course England U21.

Not all players develop the same- now maybe he;s not suited but I wonder if a loan to a Bundesliga 2 club, as in German 2nd tier, might have helped- instead of a relegation scrapping Southend. Standard while not the Championship, isn't too bad- but isn't too slow either, closest stylistically to English football of the big Leagues/2nd tiers IMO. A mix of English and something like that given his background could have been worth considering- may have helped him retain a bit of value too, put him in the shop window in Europe a bit.

Should’ve sent him to FC Magdeburg!

3 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

All the names mentioned  by Redtuck were indeed plucked from low reaches of the football pyramid, but they were not signed for 1.5 million as was the case I am told in Moore. 

I fully understand signing young promising players, or players with the chance of making it, but at the fees we have chucked about in recent years ? 

I recall as we all do Cotterell taking a ‘punt’ on a player in the form of Arnold Garita and that was 50k. Not millions?  Interesting to find out what Cundy as a ‘punt’ will have cost us. I guess if he makes  it will be worth it 

What????

:dunno:

I only mentioned one name........Shaun Taylor!

.........and that was only in response to players coming into the football league at a relatively late age, in his case 23!

Archived