IGNORED

One Match Wonders

Mr X

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

For some stupid reason i thought the one and only game he played for us

was when he got sent off kicking the ball into the crowd v Reading!!!

You’ve probably blocked the rest out of your mind to avoid PTS.

For the same reason, I don’t recall a man called Nicky Hunt playing for us.

17 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

For some stupid reason i thought the one and only game he played for us

was when he got sent off kicking the ball into the crowd v Reading!!!

To be fair I initially thought the same - I think Pulis threatened him with the sack over the incident at Reading but then nothing came of that idle threat? If memory serves correct ...

22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All three were different games I think mate - the 4-0 game where Steve Bull destroyed us was in 1990 - McIntyre didn’t sign until 1991 and Underhill’s game vs Wolves was in early 1986 when Steve Bull was still at WBA ...

Thanks. As I suspected, the old memory playing tricks - so many poor performances at Molineux around that time they've all blurred into one! God I hate Wolves.

Abdul Salam Kamara. Wolves away. Was a definite one game only player.

I've always wondered if he was Chris (Kammy) Kamara's son, cousin or nephew.

He was born in 1974 in Southampton when Chris Kamara was 17 and at Portsmouth.

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

John? Williams.

Cart horse centre forward 

Signed from W-s-M post '82

I think his name was Palmer. Possibly John Palmer. Played in the 4th Division days. He came on as sub in a game at the Gate. Reminded me, in stature, of Atyeo. Sorry, put it the wrong way. I meant to write Reminded me of the Atyeo statue.

39 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Portsmouth?..

Blackman?

He looked alright in the one game he played for us, I remember he had a load of family watching the game next to me!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair I initially thought the same - I think Pulis threatened him with the sack over the incident at Reading but then nothing came of that idle threat? If memory serves correct ...

That's right. Pulis wanted to sack him on the spot but it didn't happen. Lavin did end up in court over it though. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/941535.stm

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

As Stefan Marinovic’s illustrious Bristol City career has recently ended I was wondering if we could name a starting XI of players who only played once for city but were contracted to the club, therefore no loan players! Start thinking guys!

ian leigh could give marinovic's "illustrious" bcfc career a run for its money...……..

Ralph Milne......scored a wonder goal on his debut...hitting a volley from the right hand corner of the box, from a cross that dropped over his shoulder.

Still makes me smile that we snapped Fergies hand off and offered to drive Milne to Old Trafferd for the £250k  fee. Milne was cr@p their too. Not one of Fergies wisest transfer moves.

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ralph Milne......scored a wonder goal on his debut...hitting a volley from the right hand corner of the box, from a cross that dropped over his shoulder.

Still makes me smile that we snapped Fergies hand off and offered to drive Milne to Old Trafferd for the £250k  fee. Milne was cr@p their too. Not one of Fergies wisest transfer moves.

Milne played loads of times for us.

Coombes was vs Aylesbury in the cup wasn't he?

3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

ralph milne played dozens of times for us.....do keep up and its trafford

Archived