IGNORED

One Match Wonders

Mr X

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

I think his name was Palmer. Possibly John Palmer. Played in the 4th Division days. He came on as sub in a game at the Gate. Reminded me, in stature, of Atyeo. Sorry, put it the wrong way. I meant to write Reminded me of the Atyeo statue.

Yup. John Palmer. Doesn’t he hold the record for the shortest appearance for when he came on as a sub and the ref immediately blew up for full time?

3 hours ago, Olé said:

We won 4-1, must be a pretty decent 100% record for a City player.

Got MOTM as well, maybe that’s a unique record?  Got a feeling Liam Robinson scored two that day.

2 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Gary Stanley the ex Everton dynamo I think he played against the gas when they used to score against us in the last minute- every ####king time

I remember the headlines in the evil post when he signed for us  " I will light up the 3rd division "  Yeah right mate,,,  only lasted 10 games

3 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

How many games did Lorenzo Pinamonte play for us?

I remember one goal but can't recall if he played any other games...

Most memorable thing he did was drive a fiat cinquecento which was about the most comical thing you've ever seen. 

27 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

As the play off is about to start . Does anyone know how many first team games Micky Mellon and Mark cooper played , if any ? 

Micky Mellon started 35 games and came on as sub in 13. He scored just the 1 goal.

Mark Coper never played for the first team !

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

That's the fella.

Also, what was the name of the Arsenal youth who looked quite tidy pre season and then ended up going non league?

Quite lightweight, midfield I think he was.

Mark Flatts?

40 minutes ago, FForbes said:

Micky Mellon started 35 games and came on as sub in 13. He scored just the 1 goal.

Where they at the club at the same time . My memories shot with things like this. Cooper probably with us under his dad. Did melon play under joe Jordan ? 

43 minutes ago, FForbes said:

I can remember Mickey's debut, God I feel old. Mark only made the reserves.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Where they at the club at the same time . My memories shot with things like this. Cooper probably with us under his dad. Did melon play under joe Jordan ? 

Cooper was 87-89 according to Wikipedia, so would have signed while his Dad was here.

4 hours ago, FForbes said:

Take your pick from these (going back to 1971) - either started 1 match or just 1 sub appearance.

Stefan Marinovic
Tyreeq Bakinson
Opanin Edwards
Shawn McCoulsky
Diego De Girolamo
Arnold Garita
Connor Lemonheigh- Evans
Tom Williams            
Nathan Abbey            
Tony Grant              
Danny Wring             
Wayne Brown             
G Durbin                
Abdul Kamara            
Mark Madge              
Mark Coombe             
Graham Underhill        
Mark Jones              
Billy Down              
Dave Burnside           
Steve Ritchie           

Diego de Girolamo once played for the first team? That seems wrong. Or does this list count friendlies?

22 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Didn’t he win an award for best hair in the Third Division ?

Certain things from the 80`s I would like to forget about, but It was awful Major. Some kinda long dark perm from the 70`s

Didn`t he play in the same team as The Blonde version,  Messer Scott McGarvey ?

8 hours ago, Lucan said:

I can’t believe John “the next Roy Keane” Burns played 11 times for us... awful player

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Burns_(Irish_footballer)

Pretty sure one of those games was at the Mem.

Although he might have been an unused sub, I seem to recall him warming up in front of the away bit on the side and someone shouting, 'Oi, Burns... shit 'ere, innit'

To which he laughed, then checked the bottom of his foot and nodded in agreement.

Archived