Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

One Match Wonders


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

For some stupid reason i thought the one and only game he played for us

was when he got sent off kicking the ball into the crowd v Reading!!!

You’ve probably blocked the rest out of your mind to avoid PTS.

For the same reason, I don’t recall a man called Nicky Hunt playing for us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

For some stupid reason i thought the one and only game he played for us

was when he got sent off kicking the ball into the crowd v Reading!!!

To be fair I initially thought the same - I think Pulis threatened him with the sack over the incident at Reading but then nothing came of that idle threat? If memory serves correct ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

All three were different games I think mate - the 4-0 game where Steve Bull destroyed us was in 1990 - McIntyre didn’t sign until 1991 and Underhill’s game vs Wolves was in early 1986 when Steve Bull was still at WBA ...

Thanks. As I suspected, the old memory playing tricks - so many poor performances at Molineux around that time they've all blurred into one! God I hate Wolves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Thanks. As I suspected, the old memory playing tricks - so many poor performances at Molineux around that time they've all blurred into one! God I hate Wolves.

I went to Molineux loads of times, never saw a sniff of a win! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Abdul Salam Kamara. Wolves away. Was a definite one game only player.

I've always wondered if he was Chris (Kammy) Kamara's son, cousin or nephew.

He was born in 1974 in Southampton when Chris Kamara was 17 and at Portsmouth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, myol'man said:

John? Williams.

Cart horse centre forward 

Signed from W-s-M post '82

I think his name was Palmer. Possibly John Palmer. Played in the 4th Division days. He came on as sub in a game at the Gate. Reminded me, in stature, of Atyeo. Sorry, put it the wrong way. I meant to write Reminded me of the Atyeo statue.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

To be fair I initially thought the same - I think Pulis threatened him with the sack over the incident at Reading but then nothing came of that idle threat? If memory serves correct ...

That's right. Pulis wanted to sack him on the spot but it didn't happen. Lavin did end up in court over it though. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/941535.stm

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr X said:

As Stefan Marinovic’s illustrious Bristol City career has recently ended I was wondering if we could name a starting XI of players who only played once for city but were contracted to the club, therefore no loan players! Start thinking guys!

ian leigh could give marinovic's "illustrious" bcfc career a run for its money...……..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ralph Milne......scored a wonder goal on his debut...hitting a volley from the right hand corner of the box, from a cross that dropped over his shoulder.

Still makes me smile that we snapped Fergies hand off and offered to drive Milne to Old Trafferd for the £250k  fee. Milne was cr@p their too. Not one of Fergies wisest transfer moves.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ralph Milne......scored a wonder goal on his debut...hitting a volley from the right hand corner of the box, from a cross that dropped over his shoulder.

Still makes me smile that we snapped Fergies hand off and offered to drive Milne to Old Trafferd for the £250k  fee. Milne was cr@p their too. Not one of Fergies wisest transfer moves.

Milne played loads of times for us.

Coombes was vs Aylesbury in the cup wasn't he?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Ralph Milne......scored a wonder goal on his debut...hitting a volley from the right hand corner of the box, from a cross that dropped over his shoulder.

Still makes me smile that we snapped Fergies hand off and offered to drive Milne to Old Trafferd for the £250k  fee. Milne was cr@p their too. Not one of Fergies wisest transfer moves.

ralph milne played dozens of times for us.....do keep up and its trafford

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

ian leigh could give marinovic's "illustrious" bcfc career a run for its money...……..

Didn't he come back and play an absolute blinder against us for Bournemouth?

Edited by Barry Sheene
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...