IGNORED

One Match Wonders

Mr X

16 hours ago, Olé said:

We won 4-1, must be a pretty decent 100% record for a City player.

He played very well in that match - went on to have a long career elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was a kid a few years above me at school called steve weaver a decent goalie and he played in a friendly against a european team i think?

I remember him - blonde hair, right?

14 hours ago, Olé said:

Abdul Salam Kamara. Wolves away. Was a definite one game only player.

I've always wondered if he was Chris (Kammy) Kamara's son, cousin or nephew.

He was born in 1974 in Southampton when Chris Kamara was 17 and at Portsmouth.

Also he played in a pre-season Gloucestershire Cup match against the Gas and, if I remember correctly, missed a penalty in a penalty shootout.

More recently Velicka on loan from Rangers. Within a few touches he was out for the season. 

Similar to Velicka was Rodriguez ? Had an awful leg break after a few games.

From the early 2000's I seem to remember Harpal Singh on loan from Leeds who put in a couple of MOM performance then got homesick. 

A one match 'wonder' that comes to my mind was Jason Eaton, circa late 80s. Made a great 'new player' first impression by coming off the bench and scoring a last minute winner - against Notts County I think, but I don't recall him scoring again or playing much after that.

4 hours ago, OneCity said:

A one match 'wonder' that comes to my mind was Jason Eaton, circa late 80s. Made a great 'new player' first impression by coming off the bench and scoring a last minute winner - against Notts County I think, but I don't recall him scoring again or playing much after that.

We signed him from local non-league, Bath, I think .

20 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

How many games did Fredericks play for us?

According to Wiki (couldnt find his stats for us anywhere else - although did only have a quick look), he made 4 appearances for us!!

23 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

As the play off is about to start . Does anyone know how many first team games Micky Mellon and Mark cooper played , if any ? 

Mellon deffo played a few, remember him scoring at Luton, when a certain Andrew Cole destroyed them.

On 13/05/2019 at 17:53, Olé said:

Abdul Salam Kamara. Wolves away. Was a definite one game only player.

I've always wondered if he was Chris (Kammy) Kamara's son, cousin or nephew.

He was born in 1974 in Southampton when Chris Kamara was 17 and at Portsmouth.

Did he miss a penalty against rovers in a glos cup shootout?

7 hours ago, OneCity said:

pretty sure eaton played a few more games than 1 but not many more...…….ill raise you you laurenco da silva

40 minutes ago, Olé said:

Yes, @The Dolman Pragmatist mentioned this too - I was at the game and he skied it about 20 yards over the Open End from memory. Have it on video somewhere.

The ball boy is still in the park waiting for it to fall back down to earth.  Seem to recall Stewart scored against us that night and celebrated right in front of the east end. 

Archived