IGNORED

Tyreeq Bakinson Signed New Contract

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He clearly has incredible natural talent. Might take quite a bit of time for him to work on parts of his game that gets him to our level. But he looks like a player that can go on and be as good as he wants.

A bit like Semenyo IMO. to have the strength and talent they both have at their ages is phenomenal. 

I always felt that the Bristol City careers of Bobby Reid and Joe Bryan took off in the seasons after they had spent their summer in the Back2Action programme. They were noticeably so much stronger and fitter as a result and that elevated their performances to a new level. Certainly some of our newer recruits will benefit from following  a similar regime. I hope that they’re directed that way. 

Congratulations Tyreeq and every success in your City career!

4 hours ago, eastonboy said:

Must be a hell of a prospect if we have awarded him what is ostensibly a 4 year contract.

Exciting to see how he turns out!!!!

It seems to be the norm that we are offering 3+1 deals these days.  I’ve just been updating my spreadsheet and adding historic contract extensions in and I’ve typed (alt c / alt v) “3yr + 1yr” a fair bit.

We are positioning ourselves to cut the risk of the 2+1 deal, where if they have a good second year, we are in a difficult position.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It seems to be the norm that we are offering 3+1 deals these days.  I’ve just been updating my spreadsheet and adding historic contract extensions in and I’ve typed (alt c / alt v) “3yr + 1yr” a fair bit.

We are positioning ourselves to cut the risk of the 2+1 deal, where if they have a good second year, we are in a difficult position.

Are these deals just as much about ensuring we get something for the player if anyone comes looking, even if it teams like Newport wanting to take him permanently?

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

Are these deals just as much about ensuring we get something for the player if anyone comes looking, even if it teams like Newport wanting to take him permanently?

Yes I think so, although suspect at this stage both club and player will be setting their targets higher than Newport. 

If we go back to Reid, when people were suggesting letting him go (or less nice suggestions), at end of 15/16 season I always thought he had value (at the time) of £250-500k.  Why would you pay him off when there’s s chance of getting someone to pay you for his services, against the risk of another years wages which I’m sure in Bobby’s case weren’t significant, and probably less than £250k ( at the time), and the fact that he might be a late developer. 

In Bobbys case it worked rather well. 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes I think so, although suspect at this stage both club and player will be setting their targets higher than Newport. 

If we go back to Reid, when people were suggesting letting him go (or less nice suggestions), at end of 15/16 season I always thought he had value (at the time) of £250-500k.  Why would you pay him off when there’s s chance of getting someone to pay you for his services, against the risk of another years wages which I’m sure in Bobby’s case weren’t significant, and probably less than £250k ( at the time), and the fact that he might be a late developer. 

In Bobbys case it worked rather well. 

That's a very good point.

A young player who manages a strong season at Championship level is suddenly worth a tidy amount. 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sure i read on here last week that he was crap, was never going to make it, that league one was his level and how it was a waste of a wage.

Well, I'm confused.

Not as confused as i have been the last 10 months! I was told we were relegation fodder!!

• The title was changed to Tyreeq Bakinson Signed New Contract

Maybe I’ve missed something, but from what I’ve read on the forum over the course of the season it appeared that Bakinson was getting stellar reviews for quite a long period, but then more recently found himself dropped to the bench and finally out of the match day squad altogether. Has he been injured? Or has his loan period ended? The little I’ve seen of him would suggest he’s an exciting prospect, but I’m wondering if anyone knows why he’s not been involved for Newport in recent weeks. Apologies if this has already been explained elsewhere and I’ve not picked up on it.

Archived