IGNORED

West Brom v Villa (Merged)

Red Army 75

39 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I would love that Mcginn down the gate 

Proper throwback footballer, and plays the game with a smile on his face, nothing like the rest of the Villa divers.

26 minutes ago, FOTC! said:

Not a club renowned for atmosphere by any sense West Brom but bigger me they’re right up for it tonight, making some racket.

Why is it not like this at Ashton Gate in big games like it used to? We used to make it a real intimidating place for the opposition, it’s not like that anymore.

Anyone remember in the big games when the Dolman all used to be stood up and parts of the Atyeo? Against Derby, Leeds etc and other big games we’ve had, nothing, other than S82.

West Brom have 3 standing sections tonight, that is proper. I see tonight Wolves have been granted access for safe standing, the sooner the south is all standing the better.

I've been going to City for over 45 years and I've never seen the whole Dolman stood up.

We have less “hard core” boisterous supporters than we used too unfortunately.

Still like the night games though. Fact is old skool grounds are always better atmosphere, AG is a great modern sports ground nowadays but it defo lacks atmosphere in its current state. If we were in the plays offs on a night game, I still like to think we would make it intimidating? Pisses me off though when the away fans in the Atyeo are louder than us home fans.

9 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

We have less “hard core” boisterous supporters than we used too unfortunately.

Still like the night games though. Fact is old skool grounds are always better atmosphere, AG is a great modern sports ground nowadays but it defo lacks atmosphere in its current state. If we were in the plays offs on a night game, I still like to think we would make it intimidating? Pisses me off though when the away fans in the Atyeo are louder than us home fans.

And me mate. We need more standing areas, 1,200 atm, we could sell out a section of 4,000 standers to STHs alone. Seems the club don’t ******* want it despite them asking for atmosphere all the time.

Archived