IGNORED

West Brom v Villa (Merged)

Red Army 75

50 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You’re right - but both were just nowhere near being penalties - is it me or does there seem to have been more controversial penalties this season in our div than ever before? It seems every time I watch a game live or on tv there’s a hugely controversial incident in a penalty box ... 

Pisano had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half at 1-1 though, wrongly. 

Nobody knows what can happen for sure, we might have conceded a late equaliser as we did v Wigan but we copped a bad one earlier in the game. Was it a penalty at AG? Unlikely. Was Pisano's goal that would have made it 2-1 wrongly disallowed? I think so.

The difference was that at Aston Villa we got the penalty go against and the Weimann disallowed goal. The latter I can understand being real time, being tight but to get both against you in one game is a bitter pill- bad luck, or something else?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Pisano had a goal disallowed in the 2nd half at 1-1 though, wrongly. 

Nobody knows what can happen for sure, we might have conceded a late equaliser as we did v Wigan but we copped a bad one earlier in the game. Was it a penalty at AG? Unlikely. Was Pisano's goal that would have made it 2-1 wrongly disallowed? I think so.

The difference was that at Aston Villa we got the penalty go against and the Weimann disallowed goal. The latter I can understand being real time, being tight but to get both against you in one game is a bitter pill- bad luck, or something else?

It’s certainly bad luck but I really don’t think anything sinister is going on in our game - I may be wrong of course - but I just can’t believe that a linesman would be told before the game to flag incorrectly so the ref can disallow a Bristol City goal because the EFL wants to ensure that the big clubs are favoured to give them a better chance of promotion.

As I said I may be wrong - but if the big clubs are being favoured - why weren’t Leeds given the most blatant of pens away at Brentford late in the season? It was an absolutely nailed-on pen ... and Leeds went on to lose 2-0 in a vital game for them ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s certainly bad luck but I really don’t think anything sinister is going on in our game - I may be wrong of course - but I just can’t believe that a linesman would be told before the game to flag incorrectly so the ref can disallow a Bristol City goal because the EFL wants to ensure that the big clubs are favoured to give them a better chance of promotion.

As I said I may be wrong - but if the big clubs are being favoured - why weren’t Leeds given the most blatant of pens away at Brentford late in the season? It was an absolutely nailed-on pen ...

Yeah, in my angrier moments I wondered about the 'something else', but bad luck definitely. Don't go in for the conspiracy myself but your other post is right, there have been a lot of bad calls this year- not just penalties either but notably these.

Can't see there being a conspiracy really but one thing is for sure, if it evens out then we're due a few next year! ;)

VAR for Championship playoffs minimum is needed IMO. Refs need some support, game is ever quicker and more complex.

38 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah, in my angrier moments I wondered about the 'something else', but bad luck definitely. Don't go in for the conspiracy myself but your other post is right, there have been a lot of bad calls this year- not just penalties either but notably these.

Can't see there being a conspiracy really but one thing is for sure, if it evens out then we're due a few next year! ;)

VAR for Championship playoffs minimum is needed IMO. Refs need some support, game is ever quicker and more complex.

Should be in EVERY game all season or none at all. The farce of picking certain games in the FA Cup should never have been allowed.

Archived