Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
P'head Red

Upcoming Players from the Academy (Merged)

Recommended Posts

With our youth system seemingly in a far better place than it has previously been it got me thinking as to which players we should be looking out for in the coming seasons.

A number of our young players have had a good season in mens football with Bakinson, J Smith, Vyner and Semenyo all playnig in the football league. 

I was hoping those with better knowledge of our youth set up could shine some light on who else there is to look out for, it seems like there's an exciting future ahead for the academy. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Pearson has been playing for the under 23's and is only 17 I believe. Saw him for the development squad 3 times last pre season and he was the standout for me on each occasion. Seems to be able to play wide or as a number 10.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Sam Pearson has been playing for the under 23's and is only 17 I believe. Saw him for the development squad 3 times last pre season and he was the standout for me on each occasion. Seems to be able to play wide or as a number 10.

Has he been called up to the first team previously? FA cup game ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, daored said:

Has he been called up to the first team previously? FA cup game ??

Was he on the bench against Sheffield Utd at the end of the 17/18 season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Was he on the bench against Sheffield Utd at the end of the 17/18 season?

Don't think he was, there was talk he was going to be. Semenyo was on the bench and came on if memory serves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

 Forget him, what happened to Jehad Muntasser?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robbie Ehii looks good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TBW said:

 Forget him, what happened to Jehad Muntasser?

And heard good things of young Robert Stambolziev too.  Any news on him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

And heard good things of young Robert Stambolziev too.  Any news on him?

Not forgetting Mommainais Bokoto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, frenchred said:

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

I thought I heard he has retired from the game?

As for others. There's so many, don't know where to start!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no knowledge of any of the current crop, but looking back into the past, anyone know how Tristan Plummer is doing these days?

It's about time the Brown family (Aaron, Marvin) provided us with another of their talented young ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I have no knowledge of any of the current crop, but looking back into the past, anyone know how Tristan Plummer is doing these days?

It's about time the Brown family (Aaron, Marvin) provided us with another of their talented young ones.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-03-02/meet-gogglebox-family-the-plummers/

 

This.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the recent success of youth academy players Reid, Bryan and Kelly, I'm interested to see who people think will make their senior debuts next season and who is most likely to be our next emerging youth team/one for the future.

I admit I don't keep tabs or much notice on our youth players and players out on loan. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Antoine Semenyo and Taylor Moore feature quite heavily next season.

Do people think Walsh, Eisa and Adelakun will get their big breaks next season or will they never make it at City?

Who has had good seasons out on loan this year and may be able to make a position in the match day squad their own?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My money is on semenyo.

Whoever the next big player is, lets hope we keep them long enough so they can help us get promotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noah Lacey or Christos Blair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/05/2019 at 21:09, frenchred said:

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

Playing in Ireland.......Go On, Go On.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Pring could get a chance with Kelly going and especially if we don't get Jay Dasilva. Has had promising reviews from some posters on here too.

I really like the look of Pring. Seems quick, pretty powerful, or at least looks like he will be powerful looking at his build. He has a similar dribbling action to Ryan Giggs. One outstanding run for Newport showed that last season.

I'd be surprised if LJ trusts in him right now, but I certainly think he could make it with us. He did at least mention him in his interview yesterday. 

I like to think LJ will look at him in preseason before deciding whether to bring in 1 or 2 left backs.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand we have a very exciting 15yo attacking midfielder called ayman benarous. Has played for our u-23's even at 15. His agency put a couple of snippets of his ability on Twitter recently. Could well see him emerge in the next couple of years

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BOSRed said:

I understand we have a very exciting 15yo attacking midfielder called ayman benarous. Has played for our u-23's even at 15. His agency put a couple of snippets of his ability on Twitter recently. Could well see him emerge in the next couple of years

Sounds like an allergy. Sorry, I can't do that, I'm Aymanbenarous.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, frenchred said:

So all the in the knowers, George Dowling just been offered contract ext!

Due to a realistic desire to sign him or in order to receive compensation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Due to a realistic desire to sign him or in order to receive compensation?

Cheeky!! 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 12:20, Lucan said:

Marlon Simpkin

Wasn't he one of the hobbits in Lord of the Rings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/maeenpaeae-to-remain-in-bs3/

 

The list of those being released, offered new contracts and remaining in the academy are mentioned here. A couple of those not retained were in the squad that won in Juventus last week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/maeenpaeae-to-remain-in-bs3/

 

The list of those being released, offered new contracts and remaining in the academy are mentioned here. A couple of those not retained were in the squad that won in Juventus last week. 

That has to be one of the best URLs ever

Maeenpaeae hahahaha

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cheeky!! 😜

Given recent stories about his 'off-field activities' and trials in Ireland, it was, in fact, a genuine, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Given recent stories about his 'off-field activities' and trials in Ireland, it was, in fact, a genuine, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, question.

You’re right, probably some truth in there...if he does go to Derry, we’ll look to offset whatever we paid them for Holden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2019 at 10:39, reddogkev said:

I have no knowledge of any of the current crop, but looking back into the past, anyone know how Tristan Plummer is doing these days?

It's about time the Brown family (Aaron, Marvin) provided us with another of their talented young ones.

Ask and you shall receive. (Aarons Son)

 

 

Edited by Carey 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...