Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
P'head Red

Upcoming Players from the Academy (Merged)

With our youth system seemingly in a far better place than it has previously been it got me thinking as to which players we should be looking out for in the coming seasons.

A number of our young players have had a good season in mens football with Bakinson, J Smith, Vyner and Semenyo all playnig in the football league. 

I was hoping those with better knowledge of our youth set up could shine some light on who else there is to look out for, it seems like there's an exciting future ahead for the academy. 

• Like 1

Sam Pearson has been playing for the under 23's and is only 17 I believe. Saw him for the development squad 3 times last pre season and he was the standout for me on each occasion. Seems to be able to play wide or as a number 10.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Sam Pearson has been playing for the under 23's and is only 17 I believe. Saw him for the development squad 3 times last pre season and he was the standout for me on each occasion. Seems to be able to play wide or as a number 10.

Has he been called up to the first team previously? FA cup game ??

11 minutes ago, daored said:

Has he been called up to the first team previously? FA cup game ??

Was he on the bench against Sheffield Utd at the end of the 17/18 season?

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Was he on the bench against Sheffield Utd at the end of the 17/18 season?

Don't think he was, there was talk he was going to be. Semenyo was on the bench and came on if memory serves.

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

34 minutes ago, frenchred said:

What has happened to George Dowling? Made his debut a couple of seasons ago, rumoured Chelsea interest, never seen again!

Forget him, what happened to Jehad Muntasser?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robbie Ehii looks good

24 minutes ago, TBW said:

Forget him, what happened to Jehad Muntasser?

And heard good things of young Robert Stambolziev too.  Any news on him?

50 minutes ago, YorksRed said:

And heard good things of young Robert Stambolziev too.  Any news on him?

Not forgetting Mommainais Bokoto.

8 hours ago, frenchred said:

I thought I heard he has retired from the game?

As for others. There's so many, don't know where to start!

I have no knowledge of any of the current crop, but looking back into the past, anyone know how Tristan Plummer is doing these days?

It's about time the Brown family (Aaron, Marvin) provided us with another of their talented young ones.

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I have no knowledge of any of the current crop, but looking back into the past, anyone know how Tristan Plummer is doing these days?

It's about time the Brown family (Aaron, Marvin) provided us with another of their talented young ones.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/2018-03-02/meet-gogglebox-family-the-plummers/

This.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the recent success of youth academy players Reid, Bryan and Kelly, I'm interested to see who people think will make their senior debuts next season and who is most likely to be our next emerging youth team/one for the future.

I admit I don't keep tabs or much notice on our youth players and players out on loan. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see Antoine Semenyo and Taylor Moore feature quite heavily next season.

Do people think Walsh, Eisa and Adelakun will get their big breaks next season or will they never make it at City?

Who has had good seasons out on loan this year and may be able to make a position in the match day squad their own?

My money is on semenyo.

Whoever the next big player is, lets hope we keep them long enough so they can help us get promotion

Noah Lacey or Christos Blair

On 14/05/2019 at 21:09, frenchred said:

Playing in Ireland.......Go On, Go On.

3 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Pring could get a chance with Kelly going and especially if we don't get Jay Dasilva. Has had promising reviews from some posters on here too.

I really like the look of Pring. Seems quick, pretty powerful, or at least looks like he will be powerful looking at his build. He has a similar dribbling action to Ryan Giggs. One outstanding run for Newport showed that last season.

I'd be surprised if LJ trusts in him right now, but I certainly think he could make it with us. He did at least mention him in his interview yesterday. 

I like to think LJ will look at him in preseason before deciding whether to bring in 1 or 2 left backs.

• Like 2

I understand we have a very exciting 15yo attacking midfielder called ayman benarous. Has played for our u-23's even at 15. His agency put a couple of snippets of his ability on Twitter recently. Could well see him emerge in the next couple of years

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BOSRed said:

I understand we have a very exciting 15yo attacking midfielder called ayman benarous. Has played for our u-23's even at 15. His agency put a couple of snippets of his ability on Twitter recently. Could well see him emerge in the next couple of years

Sounds like an allergy. Sorry, I can't do that, I'm Aymanbenarous.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, frenchred said:

So all the in the knowers, George Dowling just been offered contract ext!

Due to a realistic desire to sign him or in order to receive compensation?

37 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Due to a realistic desire to sign him or in order to receive compensation?

Cheeky!! 😜

On 15/05/2019 at 12:20, Lucan said:

Marlon Simpkin

Wasn't he one of the hobbits in Lord of the Rings?

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/maeenpaeae-to-remain-in-bs3/

The list of those being released, offered new contracts and remaining in the academy are mentioned here. A couple of those not retained were in the squad that won in Juventus last week. 

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/maeenpaeae-to-remain-in-bs3/

The list of those being released, offered new contracts and remaining in the academy are mentioned here. A couple of those not retained were in the squad that won in Juventus last week. 

That has to be one of the best URLs ever

Maeenpaeae hahahaha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cheeky!! 😜

Given recent stories about his 'off-field activities' and trials in Ireland, it was, in fact, a genuine, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, question.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Given recent stories about his 'off-field activities' and trials in Ireland, it was, in fact, a genuine, albeit somewhat tongue-in-cheek, question.

You’re right, probably some truth in there...if he does go to Derry, we’ll look to offset whatever we paid them for Holden.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:39, reddogkev said:

Ask and you shall receive. (Aarons Son)

Edited by Carey 6
  • Thanks 1