IGNORED

Wolves installing rail seats

Silvio Dante

I'm sure @Blagdon red will clarify on this but is it the case that they can be installed but have to be locked into the seat position until such a time as the legislation changes?

You could at AG install it for rugby, especially in the South Stand. Rugby grounds, a lot of these traditionally have standing areas so have it there in preparation, but obviously couldn't be used for standing at football.

We seem to have been railroaded into a situation where everyone thinks 'safe' standing is the way forward. Standing is safe , I and thousands of others around the country stand at football matches on old fashioned terracing- it isn't dangerous. Putting too many people on a terrace is dangerous. It really is that simple.

4 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Any idea how much would it cost to do the whole of the South Stand?

We are supposed to be all for it as a club, but would they want to pay for it? 

I know we were, but are the club still keen to implement it? 

I haven't seen anything official regarding it from them in years. 

We should push for it, it will seriously help the atmosphere. 

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We seem to have been railroaded into a situation where everyone thinks 'safe' standing is the way forward. Standing is safe , I and thousands of others around the country stand at football matches on old fashioned terracing- it isn't dangerous. Putting too many people on a terrace is dangerous. It really is that simple.

Spot on. Been in German stadia when packed and actually it ain't safe when a goal goes in.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

True...but in the top 2 divisions or for any new builds, I suspect that it is ultimately the best we are going to get, certainly for the foreseeable future.

@Carey 6 

We can install them I don't see why not, but they will have to be kept in the locked i.e. the all-seater position until such time as the legislation changes- Wolves installing it in advance of an anticipated change in legislation makes a lot of sense, but until such a time as it changes then for football at least, opening them up could be a breach of safety certificate- though I am sure others will clarify this hypothetical.

Pretty sure the council will be monitoring it, the SAG up there to make sure they are not opened ahead of a change to the legislation. 

16 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

I think that would mean that anyone who doesn’t want to stand, or can’t, would have to move to the more expensive stands. I can’t see all of it being made all standing for those reasons.

4 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The club have no real need to implement rail seating, standing isnt dangerous in the section of the ground it is currently "allowed" and if they paid for rail seats they would not be getting anything back in return.

It's not safe though is it, amount of times we've scored and seen people end up on their arses the row below. 

Also, the capacity increases so the club could sell more in a popular area of the ground. 

3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It's not safe though is it, amount of times we've scored and seen people end up on their arses the row below. 

Also, the capacity increases so the club could sell more in a popular area of the ground. 

That can happen anywhere though, even in seated areas if you try hard enough.

Any capacity increases wont be happening for a long long time, there really is no benefits to the club. Why would they sell out thousands on something that doesnt benefit them?

14 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

The club have no real need to implement rail seating, standing isnt dangerous in the section of the ground it is currently "allowed" and if they paid for rail seats they would not be getting anything back in return.

The ironic thing though, in 2013/14 we were one of the pioneers- or would have been had legislation been allowed. Seem to recall we showcased a small number in the Atyeo.

E2ng3rB.jpg

croppedimage613299-Installation-2.png

54 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Guessing the cost of it would be someone the 'stadium' company would be on the hook for.

How that filtered down is anyones guess.

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

That can happen anywhere though, even in seated areas if you try hard enough.

Any capacity increases wont be happening for a long long time, there really is no benefits to the club. Why would they sell out thousands on something that doesnt benefit them?

Well it does happen in seated areas and that's the issue it's trying to solve. Have that barrier there in front of you, and you won't end up a row or two forward.  

Again, it could increase capacity by simply just being put in. It would depend on how the club would like to set it up (Everton are planning on doing exactly that) S25/S26 are always sold out. Cup games they're the first areas to sell out & usually the fullest part of the ground. I've had a couple of mates who for the last couple of seasons have wanted to get a season ticket, but because our section has sold out, not bothered. 

There's your benefit to the club. Might take a while to repay the initial outlay but it will do eventually. 

33 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

If you haven't got cuts all over your shins from the seat in front have your properly celebrated a goal? ?

And it is dangerous my father in law in his 60s ended up on the floor of the South stand corner twice against Manchester United from surging supporters. Rail seats prevent this.

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Believe the cost per rail seat is roughly £80. 

Then you've got the costs of removing & installing them, no idea what that would be when filtered down to a seat by seat cost. 

Archived