IGNORED

City Under 18 v Juventus

cidered abroad

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Later this morning, our under 18 boys will be playing Juventus under 18 in Turin.

A big move to create links with the Turin giants and brilliant experience fir our boys. Another step forward for our club.

What a quality match for the young players to be involved with.  I had no idea, so have just read the City main page for further details.  This is the first ever meeting between a City team v Juventus.

Perhaps it can pave the way for a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate with the first teams!

Surely someone on here knows someone in Italy to watch / be involved this game?

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSS

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What a quality match for the young players to be involved with.  I had no idea, so have just read the City main page for further details.  This is the first ever meeting between a City team v Juventus.

Perhaps it can pave the way for a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate with the first teams!

Surely someone on here knows someone in Italy to watch / be involved this game?

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSS

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

What he showed you was a programme from the future .

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

18 minutes ago, devoncider said:

we have a noticeably younger side out too

Yes Juve appear to have a 19/20 year old playing for them? Is there a misprint there or do we really have a sub called "Plarson"? I don't think I have ever heard that name before in any context.

Just now, Port Said Red said:

Yes Juve appear to have a 19/20 year old playing for them? Is there a misprint there or do we really have a sub called "Plarson", I don't think I have ever heard that name before in any context.

could that be Pearson and the Juve team have misspelt? 

Their English still being markedly better than my Italiano mind

7 minutes ago, devoncider said:

could that be Pearson and the Juve team have misspelt? 

Their English still being markedly better than my Italiano mind

It must be I think we have 2 Pearsons. I don't know the Goalkeeper either, I was expect Jo Jo Wollacott or Seysay (who I can't find on our own website BTW?). 

*edit* I just looked again and Wollacott is actually a month older than Max, they are both 22. 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It must be I think we have 2 Pearsons. I don't know the Goalkeeper either, I was expect Jo Jo Woolacott or Seysay (who I can't find on our own website BTW?).

They're u23's players

There's a few spelling mistakes on that list as well

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yep Pearson centre back and there's the winger Pearson who are brothers. Lochlan Robertson is the goalie. Usually on bench I think but seems to have been playing more recently. I think JoJo and Sesay have mainly moved on from 18s football.

What a result it is. I can't see how beating Juve at any level can be anything else but a fantastic achievement for us.

Having won that tournament last season as well. I'm very excited about what is happening at our club.

Beat Monaco in their back yard earlier in the season as well

56 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Would be nice but would have to think Juve's first team would be beyond us pre-season unless they didn't want a fee for the game. Getting their U23's equivalent over though for a 23's pre season game in Ashton Gate would be great.

Excellent result, and yep, Bristol City marching on through Europe!

Strange to think that we beat them 2-0 in 1970 and have now beat them 2-0 today.  Who would have thought we would be a bogey team for the Old Lady?

34 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I hope that City youngsters didn't learn how to cheat and that none of them was kidnapped. ?

Based on this win, Dan, you can spread the word and help build city a big fan base in Italy!  Shame we've done our cause no favours by releasing Eros.

30 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Excellent result, and yep, Bristol City marching on through Europe!

Strange to think that we beat them 2-0 in 1970 and have now beat them 2-0 today.  Who would have thought we would be a bogey team for the Old Lady?

Our list is getting ever more impressive - so, the last time we played Liverpool we beat them, the last time we played Chelsea we beat them, the last time we played Man Utd we beat them ... and now the last time we played Juventus we beat them ... I wonder how #GasLogic would interpret this if it was them with such a record?!

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Good result for them.

I see Britton (or is it Britten) scored again.

Wonder if he's one that they will fast track ?

Certainly hit the ground running for the youth teams.

Who knows where him, Bell and Pearson could be after pre-season.

3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Certainly hit the ground running for the youth teams.

Who knows where him, Bell and Pearson could be after pre-season.

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

Thanks. I didn’t actually know the result of the match, until now..! 

26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

Is this the lad from one of the local league teams? 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I got the programme

Archived