IGNORED

City Under 18 v Juventus

cidered abroad

1 hour ago, leadman said:

I got the programme

I expect that would raise a fortune at auction, in Italy. 

I expect Juve fans would love memorabilia of the only time they’ve had the opportunity to play us..! 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

He's scored;

3 Against Watford (first game I think)

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

This after scoring 5 in a game for Mangotsfield before signing.

Only just 18.

9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's scored;

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

Only just 18.

Chuck him up front with Fam against Wimbledon pre-season? See what he can do?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Is this the lad from one of the local league teams? 

Yeah, joined Mangotsfield last summer I believe.

They've also had a midfielder go on trial at Burnley and formed a partnership with SGS which is where we got Semenyo from.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's scored;

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

Only just 18.

15 for the season with Mangos I think.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Chuck him up front with Fam against Wimbledon pre-season? See what he can do?

Britton and Semenyo is a potentially exciting pairing up front with the best part of a decade until their prime.

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

I went to that game, Juve were playing Swindon in an Anglo-Italian tournament a few days later (I think they lost 4-0 to Swindle) and used us as a warm up match. There were a few Juve fans at the game mixed in with the City fans and it was all very good natured

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Based on this win, Dan, you can spread the word and help build city a big fan base in Italy!  Shame we've done our cause no favours by releasing Eros.

Usually nobody pay attention to friendlies (in this case, maybe it's not a bad thing ? ), but challenging other Italian teams in the summer could be useful (and interesting).

An Italian fan base would be fantastic, but for a club like Bristol City is hard to create: I tried to find people interested in City and form a group, but my attempts have been quite unproductive so far.

Yes, having a bunch of Italian players in the team or an Italian coach would help, another superb cup run too (last season City appeared in many sports news reports)...but realistically the best way to attract new Italian fans would be a promotion to the PL. Maybe, one day... ?

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I went to that game, Juve were playing Swindon in an Anglo-Italian tournament a few days later (I think they lost 4-0 to Swindle) and used us as a warm up match. There were a few Juve fans at the game mixed in with the City fans and it was all very good natured

Swindon got to the final, and played Napoli, in the San Paolo. In front of 55,000. As Swindon went 0:3 up, the locals very understandably took exception, and decided they had seen enough, and, unlike the Dolman tifosi, they took the trouble to stick around and riot, tearing up their own ground and forcing the game to be abandoned.

Somewhat unwisely, Swindon took receipt of the trophy on the pitch, hoisting the skipper onto someone's shoulders, thus enraging the locals further. Swindon were then hurried down the steps into the tunnel, under a hail of rocks, and with pitch invaders heading for the Wiltshire wobbins.

The crowd then went on the rampage through the city.

A bit like City at Swindon 12 and 13 years later (minus the trophy). 

Archived