Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
cidered abroad

City Under 18 v Juventus

Recommended Posts

Later this morning, our under 18 boys will be playing Juventus under 18 in Turin.

A big move to create links with the Turin giants and brilliant experience fir our boys. Another step forward for our club.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Later this morning, our under 18 boys will be playing Juventus under 18 in Turin.

A big move to create links with the Turin giants and brilliant experience fir our boys. Another step forward for our club.

What a quality match for the young players to be involved with.  I had no idea, so have just read the City main page for further details.  This is the first ever meeting between a City team v Juventus.

Perhaps it can pave the way for a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate with the first teams!

Surely someone on here knows someone in Italy to watch / be involved this game?

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I'd want to go to Turin to see City pre-season.  They aren't too fond of the English after Heysel!  Went there about 12 years ago and got kept in for over 3 hours!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Match day thread, surely, who's going to keep the scores coming through?

K.O 11.30.  Anyone got a private jet flying over from South Bristol?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

What a quality match for the young players to be involved with.  I had no idea, so have just read the City main page for further details.  This is the first ever meeting between a City team v Juventus.

Perhaps it can pave the way for a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate with the first teams!

Surely someone on here knows someone in Italy to watch / be involved this game?

COME ON YOU REDSSSSSSSS

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

What he showed you was a programme from the future .

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, devoncider said:

we have a noticeably younger side out too

Yes Juve appear to have a 19/20 year old playing for them? Is there a misprint there or do we really have a sub called "Plarson"? I don't think I have ever heard that name before in any context.

Edited by Port Said Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Port Said Red said:

Yes Juve appear to have a 19/20 year old playing for them? Is there a misprint there or do we really have a sub called "Plarson", I don't think I have ever heard that name before in any context.

could that be Pearson and the Juve team have misspelt? 

Their English still being markedly better than my Italiano mind

Edited by devoncider
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, devoncider said:

could that be Pearson and the Juve team have misspelt? 

Their English still being markedly better than my Italiano mind

It must be I think we have 2 Pearsons. I don't know the Goalkeeper either, I was expect Jo Jo Wollacott or Seysay (who I can't find on our own website BTW?). 

*edit* I just looked again and Wollacott is actually a month older than Max, they are both 22. 

Edited by Port Said Red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It must be I think we have 2 Pearsons. I don't know the Goalkeeper either, I was expect Jo Jo Woolacott or Seysay (who I can't find on our own website BTW?).

Yep Pearson centre back and there's the winger Pearson who are brothers. Lochlan Robertson is the goalie. Usually on bench I think but seems to have been playing more recently. I think JoJo and Sesay have mainly moved on from 18s football.

What a result it is. I can't see how beating Juve at any level can be anything else but a fantastic achievement for us.

Having won that tournament last season as well. I'm very excited about what is happening at our club.

EDIT. 

Just noticed a few spelling errors on our teamsheet. Gould for example not Gourid. I expect those 2 are Pearson brothers.

Edited by JonDolman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It must be I think we have 2 Pearsons. I don't know the Goalkeeper either, I was expect Jo Jo Woolacott or Seysay (who I can't find on our own website BTW?).

They're u23's players

There's a few spelling mistakes on that list as well

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yep Pearson centre back and there's the winger Pearson who are brothers. Lochlan Robertson is the goalie. Usually on bench I think but seems to have been playing more recently. I think JoJo and Sesay have mainly moved on from 18s football.

What a result it is. I can't see how beating Juve at any level can be anything else but a fantastic achievement for us.

Having won that tournament last season as well. I'm very excited about what is happening at our club.

Beat Monaco in their back yard earlier in the season as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

They're u23's players

Seysay isn't showing in any squad, it lists Jo Jo and James Carey as our U23 keepers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Perhaps it can pave the way for a pre-season friendly at Ashton Gate with the first teams!

Would be nice but would have to think Juve's first team would be beyond us pre-season unless they didn't want a fee for the game. Getting their U23's equivalent over though for a 23's pre season game in Ashton Gate would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good result for them.

I see Britton (or is it Britten) scored again.

Wonder if he's one that they will fast track ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result, superb experience for our boys and maybe one day soon, we will be regarded as a "bigger" club by the football world.

Thanks to those who were involved in organizing it. Onwards and upwards.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that City youngsters didn't learn how to cheat and that none of them was kidnapped. 😬

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent result, and yep, Bristol City marching on through Europe!

Strange to think that we beat them 2-0 in 1970 and have now beat them 2-0 today.  Who would have thought we would be a bogey team for the Old Lady?

34 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

I hope that City youngsters didn't learn how to cheat and that none of them was kidnapped. 😬

Based on this win, Dan, you can spread the word and help build city a big fan base in Italy!  Shame we've done our cause no favours by releasing Eros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Excellent result, and yep, Bristol City marching on through Europe!

Strange to think that we beat them 2-0 in 1970 and have now beat them 2-0 today.  Who would have thought we would be a bogey team for the Old Lady?

Our list is getting ever more impressive - so, the last time we played Liverpool we beat them, the last time we played Chelsea we beat them, the last time we played Man Utd we beat them ... and now the last time we played Juventus we beat them ... I wonder how #GasLogic would interpret this if it was them with such a record?!

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Good result for them.

I see Britton (or is it Britten) scored again.

Wonder if he's one that they will fast track ?

Certainly hit the ground running for the youth teams.

Who knows where him, Bell and Pearson could be after pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Certainly hit the ground running for the youth teams.

Who knows where him, Bell and Pearson could be after pre-season.

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

Thanks. I didn’t actually know the result of the match, until now..! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

Is this the lad from one of the local league teams? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m pretty sure that we had a first team friendly against Juventus, many years ago. 

Before my time and I’ve never heard anything about it, but I’m sure a friend of mine once showed me a programme from the fixture. 

I got the programme

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Johnson was right all along... Victory in Europe!!! :winner_third_h4h:

I think Les Kew had first dibs on that one!

Edited by 054123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Is this the lad from one of the local league teams? 

Yep, was scoring for fun for mangotsfield 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leadman said:

I got the programme

I expect that would raise a fortune at auction, in Italy. 

I expect Juve fans would love memorabilia of the only time they’ve had the opportunity to play us..! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

I think Britton is now on 8 goals from 4 games with another 2 or 3 disallowed.

But I don't avidly follow the youth sides so he may have played more than that. 

He's scored;

3 Against Watford (first game I think)

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

This after scoring 5 in a game for Mangotsfield before signing.

Only just 18.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's scored;

3 Against Watford (first game I think)

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

This after scoring 5 in a game for Mangotsfield before signing.

Only just 18.

 

He scored some outrageous goals. Looks absolutely lethal when he gets a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's scored;

3 Against Watford (first game I think)

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

This after scoring 5 in a game for Mangotsfield before signing.

Only just 18.

 

Chuck him up front with Fam against Wimbledon pre-season? See what he can do?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Is this the lad from one of the local league teams? 

Yeah, joined Mangotsfield last summer I believe.

They've also had a midfielder go on trial at Burnley and formed a partnership with SGS which is where we got Semenyo from.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's scored;

3 Against Watford (first game I think)

2 Against Shef. Utd

2 Against Bolton

1 Against Juventus

So yes, 8 in 4.

This after scoring 5 in a game for Mangotsfield before signing.

Only just 18.

 

15 for the season with Mangos I think.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Chuck him up front with Fam against Wimbledon pre-season? See what he can do?

Britton and Semenyo is a potentially exciting pairing up front with the best part of a decade until their prime.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Chuck him up front with Fam against Wimbledon pre-season? See what he can do?

Why not, he looks a strong kid already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bloody hell, Louis Britton sounds an incredible young prospect.  Will have to try to get a look at some of the city youth games over the summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Bloody hell, Louis Britton sounds an incredible young prospect.  Will have to try to get a look at some of the city youth games over the summer.

don't tell em pike...….

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Yes you are right, I've just checked on Google and City beat Juventus 2-0 in May 1970.  I am quite surprised that the main City site got their info wrong.

Surely, if you were going to write an article to say it was the first time City were playing Juventus, you'd check this out in advance!  Lazy people!

I went to that game, Juve were playing Swindon in an Anglo-Italian tournament a few days later (I think they lost 4-0 to Swindle) and used us as a warm up match. There were a few Juve fans at the game mixed in with the City fans and it was all very good natured

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Based on this win, Dan, you can spread the word and help build city a big fan base in Italy!  Shame we've done our cause no favours by releasing Eros.

Usually nobody pay attention to friendlies (in this case, maybe it's not a bad thing 😛 ), but challenging other Italian teams in the summer could be useful (and interesting).

An Italian fan base would be fantastic, but for a club like Bristol City is hard to create: I tried to find people interested in City and form a group, but my attempts have been quite unproductive so far.

Yes, having a bunch of Italian players in the team or an Italian coach would help, another superb cup run too (last season City appeared in many sports news reports)...but realistically the best way to attract new Italian fans would be a promotion to the PL. Maybe, one day... 🙂

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

I went to that game, Juve were playing Swindon in an Anglo-Italian tournament a few days later (I think they lost 4-0 to Swindle) and used us as a warm up match. There were a few Juve fans at the game mixed in with the City fans and it was all very good natured

Swindon got to the final, and played Napoli, in the San Paolo. In front of 55,000. As Swindon went 0:3 up, the locals very understandably took exception, and decided they had seen enough, and, unlike the Dolman tifosi, they took the trouble to stick around and riot, tearing up their own ground and forcing the game to be abandoned.

Somewhat unwisely, Swindon took receipt of the trophy on the pitch, hoisting the skipper onto someone's shoulders, thus enraging the locals further. Swindon were then hurried down the steps into the tunnel, under a hail of rocks, and with pitch invaders heading for the Wiltshire wobbins.

The crowd then went on the rampage through the city.

A bit like City at Swindon 12 and 13 years later (minus the trophy). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...