IGNORED

Tomlin Feud

WAHGS.

I read about this in the coaches voice thread I just saw the article this morning.

People were discussing the in squad bickering Johnson refers to, does anyone have any sort of knowledge as to what actually went on? We all heard rumours but I've never heard anything concrete from someone, as it happens my son's mate who's part of the academy setup said from speakin to first teamers he's generally quite respected in the club.

Still blows my mind how the signing went so wrong, it looked absolutely perfect on paper.

I've tried to incorporate the link in here but I'm not the most computer savvy at the best of times and I'm typing this on a computer I've never used before today so if someone could link the thread with the article it'd be much appreciated?

I dont know the ins and outs of why Tomlin left here but i think its more than a coincidence that every single move Tomlin has had has ended up pear shaped and not working out. Clearly talented but i would suspect an over inflated ego would be the problem.. Didn’t Johnson have an issue with him travelling back up to Leicester every day as he didnt want to live in Bristol? We were paying him handsomely at from what ive been told  600k plus a year  and the guy didnt want to commit to relocating which is obviously the sort of commitment the football club was after so you can understand it  not sitting too well with the powers that be.. I think its that sort of maverick ‘ill do as i please’ attitude that i think is Mr Tomlins issue..

The Lee Tomlin approach to signing for a new club is similar to mine with new potential girlfriends. 

• Get myself in good shape
  • show a few good performances
  • get with said girl, or club in this case
  • gain a solid 2-3 stone
  • performances and motivation starts slipping
  • get disinterested, make it seemingly obvious
  • create a bad atmosphere
  • leave
  • repeat step 1

He just isn't consistent enough or professional enough as a player. He will lose weight and sign for teams and then gain weight. Also if rumours are to be believed he commutes daily from Leicester, which when you're playing for Cardiff is actually mind blowing. Playing for the Posh probably means his day is 2 hours minimum easier

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone intimated to a friend the day he missed the penalty v Burton that he did so deliberately- trying to get LJ the sack.

Just one view, but an interesting take...my friend of course laughed it off.

It definitely didn’t seem like a natural miss

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone intimated to a friend the day he missed the penalty v Burton that he did so deliberately- trying to get LJ the sack.

Just one view, but an interesting take...my friend of course laughed it off.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've never seen a penalty clear the bar by so much, and it looked to me like that's what he was trying to do.

40 minutes ago, WAHGS. said:

I read about this in the coaches voice thread I just saw the article this morning.

People were discussing the in squad bickering Johnson refers to, does anyone have any sort of knowledge as to what actually went on? We all heard rumours but I've never heard anything concrete from someone, as it happens my son's mate who's part of the academy setup said from speakin to first teamers he's generally quite respected in the club.

Still blows my mind how the signing went so wrong, it looked absolutely perfect on paper.

I've tried to incorporate the link in here but I'm not the most computer savvy at the best of times and I'm typing this on a computer I've never used before today so if someone could link the thread with the article it'd be much appreciated?

Do you have any firm evidence that LT was a disruptive influence?    :dunno:

It seems to me that you and some other posters are engaging in wild speculation about LT...............:disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It seems to me that you and some other posters are engaging in wild speculation about LT...............:disapointed2se:

No I don't you dimwit hence why I made this thread to find out if people do.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

It won't be on the official site if that's what you're looking for.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s fair to call it speculation but I don’t think it’s ‘wild’ to assume there may have been issues, considering Tomlin’s history. 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Image result for won't somebody please think of the children meme

I don't know what went wrong off the pitch, but on the pitch I don't think it could ever work long term.

The modern game doesn't allow for luxury players anymore, it has been stretched to such fine margins that anyone not giving 100% will ultimately be your downfall.

You just don't see teams winning consistently anymore with players like Ozil, Balotelli, Cassano, etc.

1 hour ago, WAHGS. said:

I hope it doesn't put us off signing this type of player in future though. There are maverick players that don't have stinking attitudes, JET was one.

The "Maverick's" are great to watch when on top form. Unfortunately, most are not good at consistency and then don't put a shift in at places like Barnsley and plenty of others on cold, wet evenings in November.

Only when they work as hard as the lesser talented members of the squad, eg. De Bruyne, Firmino, are they worth a place in the team. Every club at any level, needs the eleven on the pitch to do their best, in order to be successful. One weak link is enough for opponents to capitalize on.

1 hour ago, WAHGS. said:

I hope it doesn't put us off signing this type of player in future though. There are maverick players that don't have stinking attitudes, JET was one.

Jet wasted his talent.... not interested in putting in the hard work to improve, flogging Herbalife was the beginning of the end.  

I think when LJ referred to disruptive elements in the dressing room having left, it was obvious about whom the remark was aimed. His rapid exits from numerous other clubs tell the same tale. I think he's just one of those people who are naturally bolshy and don't react well to management. 

1 hour ago, WAHGS. said:

LT impressed whilst on loan and LJ was under pressure from the fans to try and sign him - which he did.

Not long after it began to go tits up thru LTs inconsistently and he eventually moved on to Cardiff.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My criticism was based on hard facts. That doesn’t qualify as slander......

Who do you think you are, Rafa Benitez?

You called Gary Johnson a Conference manager when he was manager of a League One club, having previously got a team promoted from both the Conference and the fourth tier and taken charge of an international side.

Your criticism, Alan, wasn't based on facts.

3 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Who do you think you are, Rafa Benitez?

You called Gary Johnson a Conference manager when he was manager of a League One club, having previously got a team promoted from both the Conference and the fourth tier and taken charge of an international side.

Your criticism, Alan, wasn't based on facts.

Did GJ metaphorically "kick your arse" in his office over your repeated "Conference Manager" insults @Robbored or has the whole of OTIB been slandering you for years?

I know that when he moved to Cardiff he actually lived there as well and pretty much every evening would be a takeaway, that's from someone very close to him. I suspect fitness was major issue with him and Johnson. Didn't he tell his other team mates that they were all shit? 

Archived