IGNORED

Tomlin Feud

WAHGS.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Without hard evidence then you’re slandering LT. 

Oi. If it’s on OTIB isn’t it written?

Doesn’t that make it libel?

The person who said it might have been guilty of slander but once it’s written isn’t it libel?

You dimwit! ?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Did GJ metaphorically "kick your arse" in his office over your repeated "Conference Manager" insults @Robbored or has the whole of OTIB been slandering you for years?

Rudolf - only if we said it. If it was written then it would have been libel. Wouldn’t it?

And MrsBigAl says she’s still waiting for you to pop round and do the ironing.

She says just because the season is over her needs have gone away ?

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Did GJ metaphorically "kick your arse" in his office over your repeated "Conference Manager" insults @Robbored or has the whole of OTIB been slandering you for years?

My NY resolution was not to comment on GJ and that resolution remains intact.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Without hard evidence then you’re slandering LT. 

Did you read the original post? Perhaps you should do so. If you did, perhaps you could share the bit you think slanders LT.

Was it... "We all heard rumours but I've never heard anything concrete"?

Was it... "speaking to first teams he's generally respected within the club"?

or was it another sentence entirely? 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Do you have any firm evidence that LT was a disruptive influence?    :dunno:

It seems to me that you and some other posters are engaging in wild speculation about LT...............:disapointed2se:

Agreed that nobody is going to be brave enough too post exactly what i think most of us know. 

Ive heard the same sad tale from two fairly  decent sources.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Agreed that nobody is going to be brave enough too post exactly what i think most of us know. 

Ive heard the same sad tale from two fairly  decent sources.

The only place that I’ve seen any rumours about LT being a disruptive influence is on here.

There is no firm evidence that he was. It’s all wild speculation - typical otib.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The only place that I’ve seen any rumours about LT being a disruptive influence is on here.

There is no firm evidence that he was. It’s all wild speculation - typical otib.

There is no firm evidence that Jesus (not the one that plays for ManC) walked.  It's all speculation. Typical Bible.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Fair enough

Attitude aside, Tomlin became a liability on the pitch.

His final few performances for BCFC were marked with increasingly frustrated cameo roles.

Coming on as sub, he then spent the remaining minutes dropping deep to collect the ball because he seemingly didn't get the passes that he felt he deserved. He would then reliably lose possession in key areas at a time when other players were pressing forward. Although I'm wary of reading too much into statistics, I'd be fairly certain that his contribution cost us significantly as we gave away goals (and fouls) during key moments in a game. That is not the gamble that a coach such as Lee Johnson would be prepared to accept in return for (very) occasional moments of brilliance. He had to go or face even more time on the bench, in the reserves or Gregg's.

I celebrated more when Pulis left the club but after his exciting loan spell, I saw very little that made me think that Tomlin was playing for anybody but himself.

Made it all the funnier when Warnock signed him.

13 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The "Maverick's" are great to watch when on top form. Unfortunately, most are not good at consistency and then don't put a shift in at places like Barnsley and plenty of others on cold, wet evenings in November.

Only when they work as hard as the lesser talented members of the squad, eg. De Bruyne, Firmino, are they worth a place in the team. Every club at any level, needs the eleven on the pitch to do their best, in order to be successful. One weak link is enough for opponents to capitalize on.

christ - I remember Osman talking about Jackie and the quote was something like: a couple of flicks and a shot from 20 yards aren't enough to get into my team.

Considering we were playing some of the most diabolical football ever seen on Planet Earth, I thought yes it ******* is. 

And guess what, when we sacked him off and replaced with Baird did the results improve.... Nah. 

The Beautiful Game only earned that name through the mavericks. Unbelievable that they remain treated with suspicion. 

11 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

christ - I remember Osman talking about Jackie and the quote was something like: a couple of flicks and a shot from 20 yards aren't enough to get into my team.

Considering we were playing some of the most diabolical football ever seen on Planet Earth, I thought yes it ******* is. 

And guess what, when we sacked him off and replaced with Baird did the results improve.... Nah. 

The Beautiful Game only earned that name through the mavericks. Unbelievable that they remain treated with suspicion. 

I think LT showed who he was during the on/off saga of his signing via the medium of twitter.  JET was different as was Jackie, they were who they were they weren’t attention seeking (apart from the weirdly falling for a pyramid scheme by JET).

Plus JET gets a free pass because of his penalties.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I think LT showed who he was during the on/off saga of his signing via the medium of twitter.  JET was different as was Jackie, they were who they were they weren’t attention seeking (apart from the weirdly falling for a pyramid scheme by JET).

Plus JET gets a free pass because of his penalties.

Definitely agree - I am not mounting a defence for Tomlin here by any means. But for mavericks, yes. 

We got stung a little by Tomlin, but does that mean we should avoid one-off players like him in the future - certainly not. 

You're completely right, LT demonstrated the measure of who he is via social media and his other escapades, but that should never be used as a reason to skip the more inventive players. With them, you roll the dice and take the chances. Some turn out to be club legends that you revere and remember for decades after they've gone, others... well. But it's worth that risk! 

The circumstantial evidence is enough, for any one not needing to draw attention to themselves daily on a football forum to fill time between bowls matches, to draw the conclusion that Tomlin was a **** and "feuding" with anyone and everyone here, as he had been before us, and after:

The interviews available online in which Tomlin discusses his troubles with previous managers.

The interview available online where Tomlin goes into his childhood and issues re his father, or lack of one. Tomlin is insecure. 

The way he related to referees during games. Tomlin "feuds" with authority figures - bosses, referees - wherever he bumps into them.

The way he was signed with LJ referring to Tomlin needing "special attention" or handling, references to a high maintenance personality.

The needy, attention-needing twitter account (perhaps sharing here a bond with the attention-needing antics of the ex supporters club chair on here)

Club record signing, relegated to the bench, not in the squad by the end of the season, shipped out the door within 12 months (this not enough evidence for you?) and probably at a bit of a loss, otherwise we would've been very clear and public had Cardiff paid more than we had for him.

Foul mouthed vitriol directed at head coach during a game, witnessed by supporters.

Press conference in which Tomlin insists "there is no problem between me and LJ" - not a regular occurrence this one. Tomlin gone 4 months later.

Tomlin does not live in Bristol, spends spare time in Leicester and going to and from.

Same thing - dropped and out of the squad; gone within 12 months - happened at previous club (Bournemouth) and next club (Cardiff).

One could go on. We now await the inevitable response where the usual bloke makes this thread about him again

5 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Only a takeaway in the evening?

Looks like he lives in greggs.

The more i watch that penalty, i havent saw too many misses like that.

jacki always gave everything on the pitch, i cant say the same about tomlin.

Jacki didn’t give everything on the pitch or in training.

Let’s not rewrite history.

He was a ridiculously talented player but a playboy .

On 15/05/2019 at 10:28, bris red said:

Didn’t Johnson have an issue with him travelling back up to Leicester every day as he didnt want to live in Bristol? 

Why would Tomlin want to live in Bristol when his babysitter was still in Leicester?  Um....I mean...his family....his family was still in Leicester.

On 15/05/2019 at 10:47, Mr Popodopolous said:

Someone intimated to a friend the day he missed the penalty v Burton that he did so deliberately- trying to get LJ the sack.

Just one view, but an interesting take...my friend of course laughed it off.

I thought exactly the same that day, Big moment in a very important game and he didn’t even looked bothered when he missed, almost emotionless, 

2 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

I thought exactly the same that day, Big moment in a very important game and he didn’t even looked bothered when he missed, almost emotionless, 

My opinion at the time was that it was impossible to miss by that much unintentionally!

5 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

I remember Tomlin’s strange, sheepish expression when LJ was getting booed off the pitch away at Brentford, while Tammy was close to tears. I can’t remember what happened during the game but you could tell something was up behind the scenes, Tomlin was up to no good

Archived