IGNORED

Tomlin Feud

WAHGS.

19 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Playboy seems a bit harsh, i prefered the term maverick.

Anyone who has won 62 caps scoring 20 goals, i imagine would have a bit of swagger about them.

He seems very humble and is always welcome back here.

I cant say the same about tomlin.

I stand by ‘ playboy ‘ . 

I refer to his time as a player I hope he has ‘ grown up ‘ since then.

Some examples of ‘ playboys ‘

George Best, Rodney Marsh , Frank Worthington. 

Some examples of ‘ swagger ‘ 

Ronaldo , Bale, Joe Jordan ( top swaggerer ! ). 

Swagger shows confidence and charisma both terms you can apply to Jackie but for ‘ playboys ‘ the game was just part of their lives and not the main focus .

There is a sense of ‘ what might have been ‘ .

Despite Best’s achievements he could have given so much more to the game. 

Of course it’s their choice but for me not giving a hundred percent is ‘ cheating ‘ the fans who paid their wages .

I am , controversially , in agreement with Osman’s view that ‘  a few fancy flicks and free  kicks ‘ is not enough to merit a place in the first team.

We all love the moments of skill and artistry, you only have to look at Ronaldo or Messi to see how it should be done . 

These guys have been at the top for years because of their dedication and professionalism.

18 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I remember Tomlin’s strange, sheepish expression when LJ was getting booed off the pitch away at Brentford, while Tammy was close to tears. I can’t remember what happened during the game but you could tell something was up behind the scenes, Tomlin was up to no good

I believe this ‘ sheepish ‘ expression was what made Colin think he’d be a good fit at Cardiff.

22 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I remember Tomlin’s strange, sheepish expression when LJ was getting booed off the pitch away at Brentford, while Tammy was close to tears. I can’t remember what happened during the game but you could tell something was up behind the scenes, Tomlin was up to no good

I agree. No doubt he was already engineering his next move away by then, when it suited him.

As people have said he has left a trail of disruption behind at every club he’s ever played at. If someone with all the skills and experience of Warnock bins him off then there is something seriously wrong with the bloke. No doubt a book will be forthcoming when he can no longer drag himself around the pitch and he will again be looking for attention.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I agree. No doubt he was already engineering his next move away by then, when it suited him.

As people have said he has left a trail of disruption behind at every club he’s ever played at. If someone with all the skills and experience of Warnock bins him off then there is something seriously wrong with the bloke. No doubt a book will be forthcoming when he can no longer drag himself around the pitch and he will again be looking for attention.

Absolutely. Whatever else we might think about Warnock, one thing that he is renowned for is getting the best out of players who are considered as difficult to manage. If he couldn't do it with Tomlin, that speaks volumes.

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Absolutely. Whatever else we might think about Warnock, one thing that he is renowned for is getting the best out of players who are considered as difficult to manage. If he couldn't do it with Tomlin, that speaks volumes.

I think the amazing bit is that Cardiff were so quick to ship him out on loan to Forest, and since Peterborough. Funnily enough, neither too far from Leicester...  

Have just checked the Cardiff website when they signed him from us - contract until summer 2020. So with that in mind, I would expect a loan move for the season, possibly back to Peterborough, until his contract runs out with Cardiff.

On 15/05/2019 at 23:57, Rudolf Hucker said:

There is no firm evidence that Jesus (not the one that plays for ManC) walked.  It's all speculation. Typical Bible.

Not sure about Jesus Rudolph but I've seen Dynamo do it !

2 hours ago, Taz said:

I think the amazing bit is that Cardiff were so quick to ship him out on loan to Forest, and since Peterborough. Funnily enough, neither too far from Leicester...  

Have just checked the Cardiff website when they signed him from us - contract until summer 2020. So with that in mind, I would expect a loan move for the season, possibly back to Peterborough, until his contract runs out with Cardiff.

I am not so sure he’s welcome back at Posh.

24 minutes ago, Taz said:

What's he done there? Can't say I'm surprised whatever it is....

It was reported that in one match  he got himself sent off on purpose. 

He couldn’t get himself fit here , at Cardiff or Forest , why would he at Posh ? 

I don’t think they’ll be wanting a passenger for next season.

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He couldn’t get himself fit here , at Cardiff or Forest , why would he at Posh ? 

Before he left Posh originally he was sent off something like 4 times in 6 games (that he played obviously, was probably nearer 12-15 games on the fixture list) and smashed up an office demanding to be sold.

The fact they wanted him back on loan was a bit surprising, so it would clearly take something major (not you) to mean they wouldn't want him for 1 more year.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Well going by that then, he'd be lucky to get a move to Notts County (thinking it's a nice move geographically for him).

Real example of a modern day footballer that believes their own hype. Absolutely unplayable on his day, but other times he's not even worth putting on the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's retired within the next few years. Let's be honest, his numerous signing on fees over the years would have set him up for life.

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Well going by that then, he'd be lucky to get a move to Notts County (thinking it's a nice move geographically for him).

Real example of a modern day footballer that believes their own hype. Absolutely unplayable on his day, but other times he's not even worth putting on the bench.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's retired within the next few years. Let's be honest, his numerous signing on fees over the years would have set him up for life.

That's true, although he doesn't strike me as a) particularly intelligent, or b) willing to listen to advice from people who know better. Therefore I could easily see him burning through that money very quickly.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

That's true, although he doesn't strike me as a) particularly intelligent, or b) willing to listen to advice from people who know better. Therefore I could easily see him burning through that money very quickly.

I think you`re correct. I fully expect to see him rock up on I`m A Celebrity, Celebrity Big Brother or some such shite about two years after he calls it a day.

TBF the people who make those sort of shows would love him.

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think you`re correct. I fully expect to see him rock up on I`m A Celebrity, Celebrity Big Brother or some such shite about two years after he calls it a day.

TBF the people who make those sort of shows would love him.

Surprised he's not been on Jeremy Kyle show.

Too late now.

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Surprised he's not been on Jeremy Kyle show.

Too late now.

"I got friendly with my kids nanny"

Followed by Wayne Rooneys "I got friendly with a 60 year old nanny"

On 16/05/2019 at 10:29, Major Isewater said:

Jacki didn’t give everything on the pitch or in training.

Let’s not rewrite history.

He was a ridiculously talented player but a playboy .

One thing Jacki wasn’t though is a complete cockwomble unlike Tomlin.

Archived