IGNORED

Training Ground Delay?

JasonM88

A few months ago Mark Ashton said they had hoped to break ground for the building in ‘spring’. Obviously nothings yet happened, and recently Lansdown has said that they will start work ‘by the end of the year’. Surely that makes it unlikely that it would be ready for the start of the 20/21 season, as originally hoped? 

There’s a slight problem with LA golf club. The expansion plan involves them redesigning  the 13th hole and City paid the golf club in an agreed fee - roughly 2 years ago but the golf club have been dithering and now the cost has risen within that time. Now  it’s a question on who should make up the difference? 

As far as I know it’s still undecided...........

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There’s a slight problem with LA golf club. The expansion plan involves them redesigning  the 13th hole and City paid the golf club in an agreed fee - roughly 2 years ago but the golf club have been dithering and now the cost has risen within that time. Now  it’s a question on who should make up the difference? 

****** wanky golfers, do some work !

3 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

A few months ago Mark Ashton said they had hoped to break ground for the building in ‘spring’. Obviously nothings yet happened, and recently Lansdown has said that they will start work ‘by the end of the year’. Surely that makes it unlikely that it would be ready for the start of the 20/21 season, as originally hoped? 

Christ. Even our Training Ground is now One for the future. . . 

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I mean by the sounds of it a fee was agreed for the work which city paid and its the golf clubs fault for the delay, seems fairly simple who should be paying. 

5 minutes ago, hodge said:

I mean by the sounds of it a fee was agreed for the work which city paid and its the golf clubs fault for the delay, seems fairly simple who should be paying. 

You’d have thought so but I’m not fully aware of the finer points of the situation but as off last Friday the situation was unresolved. Something may developed since then       :dunno:

• Admin
38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I used to play golf up there and know a couple of guys that are itk on this particular issue.

Is it official though as we've not had any announcements on the official website yet?...... Just asking for a friend 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Is it official though as we've not had any announcements on the official website yet?...... Just asking for a friend 

The club uses the OS on a ‘need to know’ basis and I guess it’s felt that the matters pertaining to the Failand development is a matter between the golf club and our football club - not the fans concern in other words.

Archived