IGNORED

Training Ground Delay?

JasonM88

17 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

I'm sure when I drove passed the other week there was a lot of building work going on on site, anyone else shed any light?

Was what I was about to say. I drive past at least twice a week on my way to Clevedon and there’s always lots of construction going on. The players cars were on the grass instead of the car park at one point because there wasn’t any space in there. 

24 minutes ago, NYTRAM said:

I'm sure when I drove passed the other week there was a lot of building work going on on site, anyone else shed any light?

6 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Was what I was about to say. I drive past at least twice a week on my way to Clevedon and there’s always lots of construction going on. The players cars were on the grass instead of the car park at one point because there wasn’t any space in there. 

Yep, must admit I had assumed work was already underway...loads of digging going on and builders' portacabins everywhere.

• Admin
13 hours ago, nickolas said:

The golf club wont make these changes during the summer. 

Will be making them during Autumn. 

Was going to suggest the same thing @nickolas there is no way they would affect their income at the busiest time of year for them

1 hour ago, NYTRAM said:

There is of course but the construction work is happening away from the golf club part of the training facilities.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yep, must admit I had assumed work was already underway...loads of digging going on and builders' portacabins everywhere.

The work going on is mainly QEH building new 4G floodlit pitches to west of the site.

Funnily enough the planning application for that went through with no complaints, not even about the floodlights that actually almost shadow one of the houses next door! 

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

There’s a slight problem with LA golf club. The expansion plan involves them redesigning  the 13th hole and City paid the golf club in an agreed fee - roughly 2 years ago but the golf club have been dithering and now the cost has risen within that time. Now  it’s a question on who should make up the difference? 

As far as I know it’s still undecided...........

I reckon they are bickering over if they want a windmill, or one of those holes where you putt up a hill, and then it goes down a bit of drainpipe on to another carpeted green.

Personally, I'd go with the drainpipe. Windmills are old hat.

#Crazy

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

I reckon they are bickering over if they want a windmill, or one of those holes where you putt up a hill, and then it goes down a bit of drainpipe on to another carpeted green.

Personally, I'd go with the drainpipe. Windmills are old hat.

#Crazy

I prefer pub golf. Much better fun. 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

I prefer pub golf. Much better fun. 

You don't drink on Gloucester Road where there is a constant stream of students who think pub golf is just going to the pub with an inflatable golf club and a polo shirt on.

If you ask them what rules they're playing, or what the drink/par is for that particular watering hole, nine times out of ten, they have no idea what you're talking about, they are completely unaware of the rules and how the game is played.

Idiots.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You don't drink on Gloucester Road where there is a constant stream of students who think pub golf is just going to the pub with an inflatable golf club and a polo shirt on.

If you ask them what rules they're playing, or what the drink/par is for that particular watering hole, nine times out of ten, they have no idea what you're talking about, they are completely unaware of the rules and how the game is played.

Idiots.

The future of our country, you mean. We're screwed! 

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Idiots.

Heathens. We took pub golf much more seriously when I was a student, no repeat drinks and realistic pars.

Would even extend it to 18 holes when we were feeling particularly aggrieved with our livers!

3 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Heathens. We took pub golf much more seriously when I was a student, no repeat drinks and realistic pars.

Would even extend it to 18 holes when we were feeling particularly aggrieved with our livers!

Absolutely correct behaviour.

1 pub = 1 hole.

1 drink per hole.

Drinks pre determined and the number of 'swigs' taken being the number of strokes made.

A tricky pint of Black Velvet as a Par 3 on the 9th is always a game changer.

Don't binge drink kids. 

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 pub = 1 hole.

1 drink per hole.

Drinks pre determined and the number of 'swigs' taken being the number of strokes made.

Don't binge drink kids. 

Or counting seconds on pints. Downing a gassy pint of Carlsberg or something equally heinous was the end of the game (and night) for many.

22 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 pub = 1 hole.

1 drink per hole.

Don't binge drink kids. 

Blimey, the back nine must be a slog...

Anyway, will the training ground be ready by the time we play the Eagles? I'm asking for 2 friends: Albert and Ross

39 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

I'm quite pleased that the student population haven't discovered the pain of Pub Snooker.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

1 pub = 1 hole.

1 drink per hole.

Don't binge drink kids. 

Look how your Uncle Rob turned out .

21 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s almost as if the golf club don`t want us to build it and are hoping if they delay things long enough it will go away.

This can`t be the case I`m sure. I`m sure the golf club will act honourably.

The original objection was on the grounds of safety...people getting hit on the head by wayward balls.

Now the club have released Frankie, surely that danger has passed?

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Was going to suggest the same thing @nickolas there is no way they would affect their income at the busiest time of year for them

They wont be. I know the head greenkeeper. 

They have a bit of work to do to move things around and for sure wont choose summer to wreck the two holes they have to alter to accommodate the training ground. 

I would guess they’ll start in October and be ready for next Spring. 

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It would certainly leave a hole in their accounts.

It wont. The work is not difficult. It involves just moving a fairway to a different angle, installing some new bunkers and some bush clearance. It just wont be done during the busiest time of a golfing summer. 

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

It wont. The work is not difficult. It involves just moving a fairway to a different angle, installing some new bunkers and some bush clearance. It just wont be done during the busiest time of a golfing summer. 

No. It would leave a ‘hole’ in ... oh, never mind. 

By the way I’m skilled in bush clearance if that helps?

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Another thread that descends into a shit punfest.

Really putts people off contributing.

There's got to be a fairway for people who enjoy puns to be able to do so without anyone having a rough time.

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Another thread that descends into a shit punfest.

Really putts people off contributing.

Yep.

Ignore this one from now.

Do they really think they are original or funny ?

Archived