IGNORED

Favourite City Songs

Wizz

If u come to Bristol and u want to test your fate ....

is another beauty as well / doobie doobie do  was fantastic / 70 80 songs although mostly about violence definitely got the crowd going

coming home on shems tours / eagle coaches/ trains  pissed up singing these songs were some of the best days of my life

all this allez allez allez bollox #### off but then I’m old!

I rather liked that 'Edelweiss' we adapted for Flinty a year or two ago:

"Aden Flint, Aden Flint 

Every match day you greet me

Tall and white, keep it tight,

You look happy to be here

Blossom of SO'D may you bloom and grow,

Bloom and grow for ever,

Aden Flint, Aden Flint...."

Brings tears to me eyes, now. Ashton Gate at its most tender....

Everywhere we gooooooo was always a favourite back in the day

And the Milli Vanilli one

Anyone at Wycombe on a day where it pissed down for hours and we sang 'we got Mickey Bell' for ages before kick off. First attack Bell got tripped in the area, slotted home the pen and it just kept going on for what seemed like the whole game ?

Also, Orient away chanting 'bring on the Champions' the year we came second. Can't remember who won it in the end ?

9 hours ago, Malago said:

As I was walking up Stapleton Road.

Singing, singing City are the champions

I saw Don Megson lying in the road

ay-oh! 

I said to him what’s up my friend?

He said the East End’s here again

Singing, singing City are the 
champions

Singing, singing City are the best! 

1 hour ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Best ones we’ve had are usually about players rather than generic city ones...

Steve Jones, Mickey Bell, Flint, Fammy etc. Basically funny and catchy. 

Not the droney type ones like the east end have been singing this season. 

Best ones include the ‘Fammy’ song - ?! Good grief - you are obviously a young un - that song is utter shite compared to the songs banging out from the REAL East End in the 70s and 80s ...

11 hours ago, Wizz said:

All the runs that Goodridge makes are winding, all the goals that Goater score are blinding...blah blah...and after all you're my Martin Kuhl (followed by you fat bastard haha)

Always loved the Adams family away at Plymouth argyle 

I thought I remembered  all the runs that Junior makes are winding. Meaning Junior Bent.

not easy to remember the words but it goes sonething like this

We hate rovers and we hate rovers

We are the rovers HATERS

then repeat

for at least 10 minutes

followed City home from 77 and home and away from 88 in my teens - do be do has to be one of the favourites but bounce around was good the first 100 times especially the play off at Palace  (and at Reading the following season when we took over 4k and also in recent times at the Tomlin win at Fulham under lj)

or the collymore song when playing for forest which I recall he then applauded when they best us 5 nil at home and he scored 4 I think

wxnky wxnky wxnky collymore

or Red army, red army

remember being in the east end and that was sung for the whole half non stop, can't remember who against 

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

'It 'im on the 'ead wiv a baseball bat... on the 'ead, on the 'ead... '

Rarely voiced these day, maybe we have all become victims of compassion and understanding.

This is still sung quite a bit in fairness.

Only trouble is, it’s sung too fast and dies out quickly. That’s the problem with many of the old songs unfortunately.

The new ultra sounding ones are fast. 

Shove your clappers up your arse at Fulham is always good. Chinos from Primark as well. Is this my microwave/dishwasher when referring to tinpot grounds. Bus stop in Wigan at PNE. The fammy song recently is also class. Adams family I haven't heard recently which is a shame. 

But the best for me has to be '3 Johnson's paints, you'll never win that' accompanied with the paint pot banner. If/when we get into the prem that needs to be a big thing, it's such a funny chant and you can't really respond to it! 

12 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

But the best for me has to be '3 Johnson's paints, you'll never win that' accompanied with the paint pot banner. If/when we get into the prem that needs to be a big thing, it's such a funny chant and you can't really respond to it! 

Isn’t it ‘Johnstone Paints Trophy Winners - you’ll never sing that...’ ?

It certainly was when we responded to Forest chanting ‘Champions of Europe you’ll never sing that’ ...

Archived