IGNORED

Why i would sign tom lockyer

Oh Louie louie

41 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hes talking to 4 championship clubs.

International available on a free aged 24.

Ive never saw him play so i dont know much about him.

My motif for signing him is to simply ruin rovers fans weekend.

Whats the point?

If we bring in Kalas permanently, we have 4 centre halves who are more than good enough at this level, and 3 in Kelly, Vyner and Moore who have a long term role to play there.

Waste of a wage.

Well theres a fair chance none of the above will be regulars in the team next year.

Moore certainly wont get near it, rumours about kelly going, dunno if vyner will be loaned, and i cant see kalas signing.

We can simply loan him out or sell him on swifty probaly generating a few 100k?

The discomfort this will cause the gas its a no brainer.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hes talking to 4 championship clubs.

International available on a free aged 24.

Ive never saw him play so i dont know much about him.

My motif for signing him is to simply ruin rovers fans weekend.

Lucky you have money to waste.

We signed another International last season from New Zealand and that went well so why not ? 

Sign him and then loan him to Bristol Manor Farm - it's about time he sampled life at a higher-standard of Bristol club.

Thinking about it, If I was Sir Steve, I would (if permitted within football rules) invest some good money in Bristol Manor Farm.  It would be interesting to push them up a few leagues, and then we could have a club on our doorstep that we could loan players to.

I imagine that would be very handy for all parties concerned.

There would be one reason.

Whether we think he is first team ready or not, well 2 reasons in fact.

1) We sign him on a free if that is indeed his current status. 2) We sell him- to a League One rival of them perhaps but more importantly , free transfer- sale- it means more profit. Wolves did it with Afobe last year, signed him then 2 weeks later sold him to Stoke at a profit! It isn't all that uncommon- and I am sure he would have takers in League One even for a fee.

Going by his interview the other day he wanted out 2 years ago but the Sags didn’t let him, so has stuck 2 fingers up to them and ran his contract down, good enough for us though? I don’t think so, although the meltdown would be great to watch.

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Going by his interview the other day he wanted out 2 years ago but the Sags didn’t let him, so has stuck 2 fingers up to them and ran his contract down, good enough for us though? I don’t think so, although the meltdown would be great to watch.

He stuck 2 fingers up to the gas?

That's always a plus in my book so I'm warming to him - slightly - but, sign him?

No thanks. ?

It's a no from me, the focus must be on getting Kalas, using Moore & Vyner and loaning out Cundy (Southend ?) to gain experience.

Having another version of the "......... is a red" song would certainly be amusing for a while but I cannot see much point otherwise.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

We didn’t sign Taylor in order to annoy Gas heads. We bought him as he was available at a good price. 

We were in the middle of a miserable, dismal, horrendous run which lasted from October to March and included the worst sequence of consecutive defeats in our entire history and we suddenly buy a league one player from our rivals for peanuts which led to an outpouring of dismay from the sags as we’d stolen their best player - I think it’s possible we may have done that to try and deflect a bit of attention away from our absolutely dreadful form at that time ... it got our fans talking about something else rather than directing their ire at LJ and SL, it annoyed our neighbours intensely and it cost naff all in the grand scheme of things - a good diversionary tactic ...

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We were in the middle of a miserable, dismal, horrendous run which lasted from October to March and included the worst sequence of consecutive defeats in our entire history and we suddenly buy a league one player from our rivals for peanuts which led to an outpouring of dismay from the sags as we’d stolen their best player - I think it’s possible we may have done that to try and deflect a bit of attention away from our absolutely dreadful form at that time ... it got our fans talking about something else rather than directing their ire at LJ and SL, it annoyed our neighbours intensely and it cost naff all in the grand scheme of things - a good diversionary tactic ...

Completely disagree. He has proved to be a good signing for the fee, which was all the club was particularly bothered about. We wouldn’t spend over £1.5m on fees and wages to deflect from a bad run!!

17 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Worth a punt on a free if we sell Webster. Good squad player, can operate at RB to a better standard than Bailey Wright. 

Small wages, no transfer fee, and good enough to be a good squad player at this level  

And would really p**s off the blue few. 

Better than Bailey Wright?? What planet are you on? If Lockyer was any good at all then why has he been festering with that lot for so many years? I’d have Wright over him everytime.

11 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Better than Bailey Wright?? What planet are you on? If Lockyer was any good at all then why has he been festering with that lot for so many years? I’d have Wright over him everytime.

Younger than BW, as mobile, huge experience for his age, Free, low wages, comfortable at RB but good at CB. 

I’d swap him for BW and in doing so be in profit on the deal from a wages POV. 

If if his career had been at say, fleetwood, not them lot, we would ALL be saying he should be considered. 

Club Captain at 23. 

Full international. 

255 1st team appearances. 

Free. 

No no brainer IMO. 

7 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Younger than BW, as mobile, huge experience for his age, Free, low wages, comfortable at RB but good at CB. 

If if his career had been at say, fleetwood, not them lot, we would ALL be saying he should be considered. 

Club Captain at 23. 

Full international. 

Free. 

No no brainer IMO. 

You ever watched the guy? Most certainly not a ball playing centre back. HOOOFFF

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

You ever watched the guy? Most certainly not a ball playing centre back. HOOOFFF

I never claimed he was a ball playing centre back  

Sometimes styles are adapted to the level, and team you’re in tho- Webster wouldn’t of been a “passer” in a Mick McCarthy Ipswich team due to the playing style  

IMO- he would be a good addition to us, we could (and have) done a lot worse  

10 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Club Captain at 23. 

Full international. 

Free. 

No no brainer IMO. 

Huge experience in what? Non League football? 5 apps for Wales is hardly worth crowing about, doesn’t matter who he’s played for previously if you ask me, if he was any good clubs would of forked out a fee for him before waiting for him to run his contract out. I’d take any of our defenders ahead of him, even Taylor Moore.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Huge experience in what? Non League football? 5 apps for Wales is hardly worth crowing about, doesn’t matter who he’s played for previously if you ask me, if he was any good clubs would of forked out a fee for him before waiting for him to run his contract out. I’d take any of our defenders ahead of him, even Taylor Moore.

Not wanting to be pedantic, but 1 season in non league football.....

We’re light at the back with the rumour of Webster leaving, Doesn’t look like Taylor Moore’s face fits, and I merely suggested that Lockyer would be a solid squad addition. 

Archived