Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Oh Louie louie

Why i would sign tom lockyer

Hes talking to 4 championship clubs.

International available on a free aged 24.

Ive never saw him play so i dont know much about him.

My motif for signing him is to simply ruin rovers fans weekend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Whats the point?

If we bring in Kalas permanently, we have 4 centre halves who are more than good enough at this level, and 3 in Kelly, Vyner and Moore who have a long term role to play there.

Waste of a wage.

Well theres a fair chance none of the above will be regulars in the team next year.

Moore certainly wont get near it, rumours about kelly going, dunno if vyner will be loaned, and i cant see kalas signing.

We can simply loan him out or sell him on swifty probaly generating a few 100k?

The discomfort this will cause the gas its a no brainer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Lucky you have money to waste.

We signed another International last season from New Zealand and that went well so why not ? 

I know we all try doing our bit to recycle nowadays, but we have to draw the line somewhere.....

• Haha 3

Weird OP.  We need players that improve us. Don’t need to sign players to annoy a set of fans. 

• Like 2

Sign him and then loan him to Bristol Manor Farm - it's about time he sampled life at a higher-standard of Bristol club.

Thinking about it, If I was Sir Steve, I would (if permitted within football rules) invest some good money in Bristol Manor Farm.  It would be interesting to push them up a few leagues, and then we could have a club on our doorstep that we could loan players to.

I imagine that would be very handy for all parties concerned.

• Like 1

There would be one reason.

Whether we think he is first team ready or not, well 2 reasons in fact.

1) We sign him on a free if that is indeed his current status. 2) We sell him- to a League One rival of them perhaps but more importantly , free transfer- sale- it means more profit. Wolves did it with Afobe last year, signed him then 2 weeks later sold him to Stoke at a profit! It isn't all that uncommon- and I am sure he would have takers in League One even for a fee.

• Like 1

He’s a good player . If he could improve the team then y not ?

Big step up . Taylor hasn’t managed it . 

Going by his interview the other day he wanted out 2 years ago but the Sags didn’t let him, so has stuck 2 fingers up to them and ran his contract down, good enough for us though? I don’t think so, although the meltdown would be great to watch.

8 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Going by his interview the other day he wanted out 2 years ago but the Sags didn’t let him, so has stuck 2 fingers up to them and ran his contract down, good enough for us though? I don’t think so, although the meltdown would be great to watch.

He stuck 2 fingers up to the gas?

That's always a plus in my book so I'm warming to him - slightly - but, sign him?

No thanks. 👎

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

07F6D9DE-C571-4D47-8C29-1846291EFBD0.jpeg

We didn’t sign Taylor in order to annoy Gas heads. We bought him as he was available at a good price. 

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

We didn’t sign Taylor in order to annoy Gas heads. We bought him as he was available at a good price. 

How did we know what the price was ?  😁

2 minutes ago, kivsy said:

How did we know what the price was ?  😁

It was less than £500k. Bargain

It's a no from me, the focus must be on getting Kalas, using Moore & Vyner and loaning out Cundy (Southend ?) to gain experience.

Having another version of the "......... is a red" song would certainly be amusing for a while but I cannot see much point otherwise.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

We were in the middle of a miserable, dismal, horrendous run which lasted from October to March and included the worst sequence of consecutive defeats in our entire history and we suddenly buy a league one player from our rivals for peanuts which led to an outpouring of dismay from the sags as we’d stolen their best player - I think it’s possible we may have done that to try and deflect a bit of attention away from our absolutely dreadful form at that time ... it got our fans talking about something else rather than directing their ire at LJ and SL, it annoyed our neighbours intensely and it cost naff all in the grand scheme of things - a good diversionary tactic ...

27 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We were in the middle of a miserable, dismal, horrendous run which lasted from October to March and included the worst sequence of consecutive defeats in our entire history and we suddenly buy a league one player from our rivals for peanuts which led to an outpouring of dismay from the sags as we’d stolen their best player - I think it’s possible we may have done that to try and deflect a bit of attention away from our absolutely dreadful form at that time ... it got our fans talking about something else rather than directing their ire at LJ and SL, it annoyed our neighbours intensely and it cost naff all in the grand scheme of things - a good diversionary tactic ...

Completely disagree. He has proved to be a good signing for the fee, which was all the club was particularly bothered about. We wouldn’t spend over £1.5m on fees and wages to deflect from a bad run!!

Why would they care, he's left them. All it would do is inflate their egos as there ex players are good enough for us even after us spending £100,000,000,000,000.00 and them only spending 23.45pence