IGNORED

Cup Final

Super

It lost its lustre when it became a TV asset that could be moved about for the "overseas" audience. Always remember the FA cup as a kid, coverage starting from midday, helicopter coverage of the team buses making their way to Wembley etc etc, the whole thing felt special. Not now

Might not be quite the TV asset if the final regularly turns into dickings like this.

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

The difference is the sheer amount of football on TV now and the apparent importance of Champions League football. Fans now see finishing fourth as better than winning the FA Cup. Madness in my view. Would rather City won the FA cup than got promoted 

Big club fans.

I'm with you, winning the FA Cup is ten times better than coming fourth in the prem.

2 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

Oh for a fair playing field. Had VAR been aloud at Swansea Man City would not be at Wembley. 

I reckon with VAR in operation we’ll still be watching Man City and Liverpool run away with the top two places in the Prem next season.

6 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Just hating this. Yes, City are a fantastic side but they're a product of extreme wealth and a system that allows the mega rich to buy the game. Sad day for me.

It’s been going on for decades though, all the ‘big’ clubs buy success. The clubs with the most money buy the best players. 

It used to be hard sustaining it ( see Blackburn for instance) but now with the tv and sponsor money available, the top clubs now will dominate for years to come. 

Archived