IGNORED

Cup Final

Super

4 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s been going on for decades though, all the ‘big’ clubs buy success.

It used to be hard sustaining it ( see Blackburn for instance) but now with the tv and sponsor money available, the top clubs now will dominate for years to come. 

Not to this level though, the sort of cash that has turned Man City into the club they are is frankly obscene. Got to stop w**k**g over Pep, let's see him build a team without cash to spend. I suspect even Darryl could win the league with this team.

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Not to this level though, the sort of cash that has turned Man City into the club they are is frankly obscene. Got to stop Walking over Pep, let's see him build a team without cash to spend. I suspect even Darryl could win the league with this team.

Mourinho couldn't

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It’s been going on for decades though, all the ‘big’ clubs buy success. The clubs with the most money buy the best players. 

It used to be hard sustaining it ( see Blackburn for instance) but now with the tv and sponsor money available, the top clubs now will dominate for years to come. 

Spot on. Money and success tend to go hand in hand and will continue to do so.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Not to this level though, the sort of cash that has turned Man City into the club they are is frankly obscene. Got to stop w**k**g over Pep, let's see him build a team without cash to spend. I suspect even Darryl could win the league with this team.

Tbf getting 25 superstars to buy into your philosophy is not as easy as you think it is. Darryl would only have to drop the wrong player or lose a game and all these egos start looking at him thinking “what’s he done in the game” and 6 games later he’s out.

6 minutes ago, Unan said:

Watford are so tinpot, didn't sell out the semi or the final and their match day thread only has 5 posts in the past 20 minutes.

Harsh, can't stand it when City fans call teams that have better history's than us tinpot, very Gas like.

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

Harsh, can't stand it when City fans call teams that have better history's than us tinpot, very Gas like.

Their club is considerably better than ours, but their fanbase is definitely tinpot. Kind of understandable being on the edge of London with so many bigger clubs around but even still.

Honestly that Watford side still throwing men forward at 3/4-0 down is hilarious. It would’ve ended 7 or 8 if there was ten mins left after City going 6-0 up. 

Why Garcia was still trying to score the way the game was a 3/4-0 is mad 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Tbf getting 25 superstars to buy into your philosophy is not as easy as you think it is. Darryl would only have to drop the wrong player or lose a game and all these egos start looking at him thinking “what’s he done in the game” and 6 games later he’s out.

I suspect it's massively easier than a lower league team made of up a few U23s, a few 30+ journey men, and half a dozen free transfers with a 6 figure annual budget. Need a new left back? Do we send the scouts out and find a lower league gem, or just spunk 60 mil on one. 

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

Their club is considerably better than ours, but their fanbase is definitely tinpot. Kind of understandable being on the edge of London with so many bigger clubs around but even still.

Population of Watford is 120,000, 20k fans in a town of that size is not tinpot, nearly 20% of the town supporting local team !!!! 

11 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

I suspect it's massively easier than a lower league team made of up a few U23s, a few 30+ journey men, and half a dozen free transfers with a 6 figure annual budget. Need a new left back? Do we send the scouts out and find a lower league gem, or just spunk 60 mil on one. 

Horses for courses. The likes of Pep and Klopp can spunk £60m on left backs as you put it and the likes of Ryan Lowe get cash strapped Bury promoted. Reverse the roles and it would be a disaster.

4 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Population of Watford is 120,000, 20k fans in a town of that size is not tinpot, nearly 20% of the town supporting local team !!!! 

They also have all of Hertfordshire(1.181 million)/Buckinghamshire(535,918) beside them with no teams of note, excluding Luton & Wycombe.

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Honestly that Watford side still throwing men forward at 3/4-0 down is hilarious. It would’ve ended 7 or 8 if there was ten mins left after City going 6-0 up. 

Why Garcia was still trying to score the way the game was a 3/4-0 is mad 

Dig in and hold out for the 4-0!? Get men forward and try and give the fans an FA cup final goal 

I blame Man United for killing the FA Cup. When they refused to play in it so that they could go on some promotional tour in Brazil, that devalued the competition massively. 

As for Man City, as I've said before, I can't really see what their fans have to be proud about. What has happened to their club - the injection of money, the hiring of those star players, Pep etc - could've happened to any of our clubs. There's nothing 'Manchester' about it. Maybe in a couple of generations that's the way things will end up: with people supporting teams because they like the players, the manager or the type of football they play, and not because of the club's geographical location. 

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

Football doesn’t work like that. People don’t just pick a random club in a county nearby.  

You don't think we are the most supported team in Somerset, Gloucester & probably Wiltshire?

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

You don't think we are the most supported team in Somerset, Gloucester & probably Wiltshire?

Don’t forget Dorset, Devon and Cornwall. Probably the biggest club this far west until you get to the Red Sox ?

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I blame Man United for killing the FA Cup. When they refused to play in it so that they could go on some promotional tour in Brazil, that devalued the competition massively. 

As for Man City, as I've said before, I can't really see what their fans have to be proud about. What has happened to their club - the injection of money, the hiring of those star players, Pep etc - could've happened to any of our clubs. There's nothing 'Manchester' about it. Maybe in a couple of generations that's the way things will end up: with people supporting teams because they like the players, the manager or the type of football they play, and not because of the club's geographical location. 

Man City fans have endured plenty of tough times , financial hardship , plummeting down the leagues , yet they turned out in their numbers , we didn’t get gates that they did , when we were in division our crowds were a lot lower , 

if a sheik came into city , if landsdown sells , you’d turn it down ?  Sounds like gas , logic. We’re better off without money , etc. 

The Manchester thing probably meant more at Maine road , in the lower leagues. 

1 minute ago, Lucan said:

I have no idea, but I can tell you I lived in Aylesbury for 8 years and Watford is simply not a supported team.  Oxford united or the London clubs....

Exactly, nobody supports them even though there is next to no competition locally, proper tinpot fan base

33 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

While you are correct, Man Utd not playing in the FA Cup did devalue it massively however it was the World Club Cup that they travelled to Brazil for and it was the FA who suggested they didn't take part in the FA Cup as a result. 

As much as it hurts to stand up for the plastic Sky Sports FC weasels 

2 hours ago, bexhill reds said:

It’s the style of football he gets the top players to play that wins the trophies.

Man Utd haven’t spent a lot less than Man City over the last couple of years, proof that it’s not just money.

He is probably the only manager that can make top class players better. 

2 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Hundreds of thousands of people in this country support teams they live hundreds of miles from. Why? because they win things, and r have done in the past, that’s it.

Most of the people I work with ( claim to!) support Man Utd,Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, even though they have NEVER seen them play live, they are glory hunters.

Archived