IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

Crazy crazy money for a player who couldn't get a regular start for us but a fantastic bit of business for us, wish him well,  Lloyd or City couldn't turn this down, this already has the makings of a very interesting summer, must give us some real clout in the transfer market.

6 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Not even our best left back this season and we're shelling out £13m for him ?? We sure do know how to sell a player at this club. 

Probably because he’s not a left back! Agree though for all the stick he gets Mark Ashton certainly knows how to bring the money in.

28 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Is anyone else slightly sad that we are in a position to let him go??

Bournemouth? Steve must be quietly shaking his head.

Nope, SL made it clear City will sell players if the offer is right, and that we shouldn't become too attached to individual players.

The same applies to him.

I doubt SL cares where the money is coming from where fees of this magnitude are involved!

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Good fee if it's largely cash up front and there's a sell on in that.  Lloyd has a great future but if I was him I'd be holding out for Liverpool if there's substance to that rumour.

Stepping stone if he can prove himself, plus a sell on I’m sure. 

A good platform and potential stepping stone, plus a great fee.

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Good deal for Lloyd, and good luck to the kid.

Disappointed he has gone to a club like Bournemouth though, and not a top club.

Eddie Howe aside, they really are not much of a club.

Pretty good stepping stone though and all being well a hefty sell on to us in a couple of years.

2 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Its never a done deal until the bank transfer has gone through, Hope SL is logged on to City's bank account waiting for the 13 million to get paid in ???

On the OS now so should be done and dusted. I would imagine this has been bubbling away in the background for a while now.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

They ship a few goals, mind, Bournemuff. Only Fulham and Huddersfield shipped more this season. In their 4 PL seasons, it's 67, 67, 61 and 70 goals conceded. In 38 games!

There will be plenty for Lloyd to do in his new job. Good luck, kid!

Indeed, it's been Eddie Howe's weakness imo. With the signing of Mepham and now Lloyd he is obviously trying to fix that.

They still need a decent keeper though.

Good business for us and him - good luck to the kid.

Unlike Bryan perhaps Bomo's coaching staff might improve him to such an extent he'll make it at that level, but like Bryan he makes far too many mistakes to be a regular and if a few of his rickets go against him early doors he could end up sidelined.

As with us last term he ended up as DaSilva's understudy. If we keep the latter happy days.

Good deal all round. Whilst it would appear a good signing, unless Kalas is available for a decent fee and without excessive wages, I’d be inclined to look elsewhere. Sometimes this Forum focuses too much on the familiarity of former loanees, rather than looking wider, and for value. 

Has the The forum obsession with signing Matt Smith ended yet?

7 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Good deal all round. Whilst it would appear a good signing, unless Kalas is available for a decent fee and without excessive wages, I’d be inclined to look elsewhere. Sometimes this Forum focuses too much on the familiarity of former loanees, rather than looking wider, and for value. 

Has the The forum obsession with signing Matt Smith ended yet?

I think Kalas is a must now personally- well I thought so before but definitely now.

Archived