IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

4 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Ehh? What position was he then?

He’s a Centre back who was played as a Left Back by LJ. To me he’s never looked comfortable playing there, then I watched him play as a left sided CB for England U21’s at AG and was by far the best performance I’ve seen from him.

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’d be amazed if vyner or Taylor Moore are ever good enough to be regular squad members for us. The squads evolved over the last 18 months - 2 years to be playoff chasers . Kalas has set the standard of players that need to come in if we’re to go up in the next couple of years . 

Let's hope you are amazed. Maybe you missed Norwich and Sheffield United, neither spent big, just effectively. Kalas may have set the standard, but harsh financial reality is that we can't actually afford established players of that standard.

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He’s a Centre back who was played as a Left Back by LJ. To me he’s never looked comfortable playing there, then I watched him play as a left sided CB for England U21’s at AG and was by far the best performance I’ve seen from him.

I’ve never agreed with this view, if someone spends >90% of their professional career playing at left back, then they are a left back until they play regularly elsewhere.

Clearly U21 is a very different standard for someone who can cope with the physicality of the Championship.

Also he had some decided dodgy performances at CB in the very few times he played there - Sheffield Utd last season for example. And yes I know he was inexperienced but there are few other instances to call upon even if someone does say Borough away.

I remember a bitterly cold night in January 2003 when 5,000 Bournemouth and City supporters rattled around inside a newly developed Dean Court.

City won the game 3-1 and we progressed to the next round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

At that time, Bournemouth's continued existence was looking highly uncertain with increasing debts and they were heading towards adminstration.

Sixteen years later we sell them a 20 year old defender with less than fifty first team appearances for £13M plus add-ons. A player who isn't even a regular starter.

Honestly wouldn't have predicted this in 2003!!!

26 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The general consensus seems to be they don`t know a lot about Lloyd but trust Eddie Howe to have got it right. Probably what the fans of most lower/mid prem clubs would be saying TBH.

Most seeing him as replacement for Mings which seems about right to me.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The general consensus seems to be they don`t know a lot about Lloyd but trust Eddie Howe to have got it right. Probably what the fans of most lower/mid prem clubs would be saying TBH.

Most seeing him as replacement for Mings which seems about right to me.

Echo, echo: https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17649443.who-is-lloyd-kelly-a-closer-look-at-afc-bournemouths-new-recruit/

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

Done 

0F422F51-E656-46A0-B08F-776C0066664D.png

Can't believe he'd join a team with a betting company as a sponsor...

Also, he looks a bit like Skeeter Valentine to me.

Skeeter_Valentine.jpg

Seriously though, very good deal. Hope we can invest properly.

2 minutes ago, Redsi2 said:

It will only look a good deal if we get some quality defenders in. Webster is all we have. Bailey Wright only good enough for back up. Not sure about Hunt either. Without a solid back 4 and goalie we will struggle.

It’s all about Kalas for me. Jay is brilliant, but we can find another quality full back somewhere. Kalas and Webster as a centre half pairing with a solid keeper (Maenpaa works) is a brilliant base to build on.

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Anyone know the figure for the last two seasons outgoing transfers? 

From TransferMarkt so maybe not 100% accurate, but pretty close.

Kelly (13-17m?), Reid £10.22m, Flint £7.20m, Bryan £6.03m, Magnússon £2.52m, Djuric £585k = Roughly 40-44m

Additionally, at the end of 16/17 we sold Tomlin for 3m & at the end of 15/16 we sold Kodjia for 11m.

Our incomings of note in that period have been Tomlin 3m, Fammy 5m, Magnuson 1.9m, Djuric 1.6m, Engvall 1.4m, Taylor Moore 1.5m, O'Dowda 1m, Baker 3.9m, Eliasson 1.8m, Walsh 1m, Webster 3.6m, Wiemann 2m, Eisa 1.5m, Hunt 1.5m & Watkins 1m = 31m

Sad to see him leave, the lad had class, time and composure, loved watching him play, would love to seen him develop into a classy centre half at City

Surprised that we sold to Bournemouth, I'd have thought if we were going to let him go it would have been to a slightly higher placed Prem team, assuming of course there was something in the Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham speculation.

Bournemouth's Premiership bubble has got to burst sooner or later, perhaps their fans should realise that the 2 players we sold to Prem teams before last season were both relegated this.

Hope for our sake the club has got incoming transfers ready to go, else this place could melt down.

18 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

"Doesn't seem that long ago that I used to work in Bristol and had to put up with the somewhat condescending at times attitude of the City fans. They were after all a big club, bet there are a few spitting blood now !!!!!"

Don't worry mate, we're STILL a bigger club, than you'll ever be !

Love to agree with that statement but unfortunately they are currently a bigger club than us....

2 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Wrong

Double wrong!!

Bournemouth will never be a big club, the same as Wigan, Swindon etc..

Enjoy your spell in the top league as it will end at some point as it did for Portsmouth, Ipswich at al

Your only a couple of bad seasons from League 1

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

You think we are currently a bigger team than Bournemouth? Really?

21k avg gate v 11k - I would say so

They cheated FFP rules to get up, they were lucky, others most recently Birmjngham were not

Bournemouth could quite easily be another Wigan in a few years

Archived