IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

That's cool,we will agree to disagree, it's what forums are for i suppose ?

Fair play.

In my opinion (for whatever it is worth), MOST clubs in the Championship are bigger than Bournemouth, with some in L1 as well (Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bradford, Charlton to name just a few).

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Double wrong!!

Bournemouth will never be a big club, the same as Wigan, Swindon etc..

Enjoy your spell in the top league as it will end at some point as it did for Portsmouth, Ipswich at al

Your only a couple of bad seasons from League 1

While I think we are bigger than both, Swindon won League Cup in 1960s but more recently Wigan 2013 won FA Cup, played in Europe.

2 feats we've never done- no Anglo-Italian Cup doesn't count.

2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

True but you would accept it if we did it I'm sure for premier league stability.

In all honesty I wouldn't!

I like the way the club are looking to do things now. We are becoming a self sustainable club and not risking the clubs future if it all goes pear shape like Birmingham and I dare say a few others will find out kn the near future 

I would prefer to sit in a 27k stadium fit for top flight football as opposed to a 11k stadium which isn't to watch my club 

3 minutes ago, Lucan said:

You realise how small time this sounds? Mocking a team that is surpassing anything City has been able to muster since 1910...

I'm not mocking their achievements, just stating that they are not a bigger club than us. Are we a bigger club than Sunderland because they are in league 1 and we are in the Championship? No not all - do you get my point now?

5 hours ago, Shtanley said:

The sell-on potential is making me salivate. In a couple years the top teams could be sniffing around.

You're salivating? .. can you dribble then? ...  You could be a potential new signing if you can! ?

Like the possibility of a good sell on clause, if LK improves as expected Bournemouth won't be able to hang on to him for long.. Kerching!  Good business.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

While I think we are bigger than both, Swindon won League Cup in 1960s but more recently Wigan 2013 won FA Cup, played in Europe.

2 feats we've never done- no Anglo-Italian Cup doesn't count.

So us reaching the FA cup final counts in 1907?

Come on, Bournemouth a bigger club - really??

1 hour ago, Boston Red said:

It's poor journalism from Gregorian Gregory Gregor McGregor Face. He says the Kodja deal was 15 million, and then provides a link which says what we have always thought, that it was 11 million possibly rising to 15 million with add-ons. So for Kelly to be our record sale, at this moment in time, it only has to be over 11 million not 15 million. Still, it is only his job to get these things right, why should we complain.................................

I think it depends on how you want to play it.  In the olden days, the fee was pretty much it, nowadays it’s different.  SL himself said Kodjia was our record fee when Tomlin claimed he was...because of add-ons and exchange rate.  I think SL was just putting LT in his place!!  Personally I would use initial fee, as the others may never happen.  Therefore Lloyd at £13m (if correct) is higher than Kodjia (£11m).

1 hour ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The usual mix of those who know their stuff and those who don’t.  I wonder if one or two might’be mistaken playing style (winger comment) as Dasilva???  Most see him as direct replacement for Mings.

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

He’s a Centre back who was played as a Left Back by LJ. To me he’s never looked comfortable playing there, then I watched him play as a left sided CB for England U21’s at AG and was by far the best performance I’ve seen from him.

Also, thought he was excellent at CB v Assombolonga at home this season, showing he. An mix-it

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Goodbye and good luck 

Classy! ??

Great business for all concerned. Ridiculous fee for potential and he gets a move and will get a chance. Hes not a starter so doesnt weaken us massively. Feel we are really going to go for it in the summer. 

Who was the poster that used to slate our academy all the time. Pulling in alot of money. 

53 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Sad to see him leave, the lad had class, time and composure, loved watching him play, would love to seen him develop into a classy centre half at City

Surprised that we sold to Bournemouth, I'd have thought if we were going to let him go it would have been to a slightly higher placed Prem team, assuming of course there was something in the Liverpool/Arsenal/Tottenham speculation.

Bournemouth's Premiership bubble has got to burst sooner or later, perhaps their fans should realise that the 2 players we sold to Prem teams before last season were both relegated this.

Hope for our sake the club has got incoming transfers ready to go, else this place could melt down.

13 million reasons why he was sold to them. He would be sold to anyone that met the price -it’s simple.

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

But they aren’t fella - they have bought huge potential no doubt but he is not a starter for us - yes he would absolutely have become one but we get £13m compensation for not having him.

The real question is how well will that be spent....

50 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Love to agree with that statement but unfortunately they are currently a bigger club than us....

47 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Wrong

As a team they are streets ahead, but I'm talking about a CLUB, only an idiot would doubt that.

Why do you think they haven't even bothered about increasing their ground or building a new one ?

They know that when the shit hits the fan, and it will, eventually, they will be back down to their historic 4-5 k on a Saturday !

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Goodbye and good luck 

Top bloke. Seems very level headed for a young man. Reminds me a lot of Joe Gomez. Fingers crossed he can have the same impact in the Prem and go on to represent England. Good deal all round and good luck 

Charlie Daniels is getting on, Nathan Ake rumoured to be off. Kelly can fill both holes. Probably Daniels and Ake for this season while Kelly develops and plays a bit part before stepping up the next season.

With the centre back b’muff signed from Brentford in January, can’t see them going into a new season with two such inexperienced defenders.

7 minutes ago, Lucan said:

Unprovable ideas like “bigger club” is the sort of dick measuring contest that small time fans love to get into to make some worthless point. Almost always raised by the fans of clubs who can’t compete in metrics that actually matter like... let’s say... league position? 

Case use in point, I use a Manchester United forum frequently to discuss wider football issues.  The number of bitter “we are bigger” threads that have cropped up since United stopped being competitive in the league is beyond counting 

not surprised.

Disappointing on one level, but at least no one can argue we are not getting top dollar on our prospects at the moment. There is virtually nothing we can do if a premiership side decides they want one of our players. Hopefully we do not blow it on half a dozen relative penny packets.

Does highlight the different benchmarks in the top league when a very average Premiership side can fork out like this. Good luck to Lloyd.

15 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

I honestly think this is the best deal in our history, £15m or so for a player who's not even a first team regular.. Same amount as Alan Shearer 

Not really. Shearer would cost at least £100m in today's market.

50 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Who was the poster that used to slate our academy all the time. Pulling in alot of money. 

Ashtonyate- passed away about 4-5 years ago.

I actually think he would be pleased at its current state.

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
And in the meantime, the charade goes on.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

4 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

Are you this negative in every aspect of life?

3 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Leopards & spots! 

Late entrant for the pessimist of the season award? We’ve made strides as a club since Cotterill took over in every way you look at it. Have a beer, a chill pill and enjoy the progress we’re making 

Archived