IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

9 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
And in the meantime, the charade goes on.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

He was tied to a contract. That's why we could demand that kind of fee for him.

Norwich sold their best player last summer for big money. What a disaster that turned out to be.

17 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

Some people are stupid and you, sir, are one of them.

Go and support Rovers please.

‘No ambition apart from treading water’ 

Are you serious ?

1/ Fantastic stadium rebuild

2/ Improved final  league position 5 years in a row.

3/ One of the best young English managers

4/Sold 2 Academy graduates for £17m last year

5/Sold 1 Academy product for £17m today

6/ Have more young players getting league experience than most Championship teams and some wonderful talent coming through.

7/ In with a chance of play-offs until the last game of the season

8/ An owner that is also a fan that’s got us into a position where we will probably spend more on players than ever before in the close season.

Lets keep treading water like the Gas eh ?

I have to admit I think the whole “big club” debate is largely bollocks used by teams who are no longer succeeding to dismiss and put down clubs with less “history” who are doing better than them.

Ultimately the only two things that matter in terms of how “big” a club you are are the league you are playing in and your ability to attract quality players. A club’s “history” might mean older fans have some nice memories but it has no impact on how “big” a club is today.

Bournemouth are doing better than we are, can attract better players than we can and can afford to spend £17 million on an England youth prospect who may not quite be ready to break into their first team. Hopefully we can catch them up some day but anyone trying to come up with some formula as to how we are a “bigger” club than one about to enter a fifth consecutive season in a division we have not been in for forty years is, at best, deceiving themselves.

24 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I have to admit I think the whole “big club” debate is largely bollocks used by teams who are no longer succeeding to dismiss and put down clubs with less “history” who are doing better than them.

Ultimately the only two things that matter in terms of how “big” a club you are are the league you are playing in and your ability to attract quality players. A club’s “history” might mean older fans have some nice memories but it has no impact on how “big” a club is today.

Bournemouth are doing better than we are, can attract better players than we can and can afford to spend £17 million on an England youth prospect who may not quite be ready to break into their first team. Hopefully we can catch them up some day but anyone trying to come up with some formula as to how we are a “bigger” club than one about to enter a fifth consecutive season in a division we have not been in for forty years is, at best, deceiving themselves.

A 'double "thank you"...

We can only hope.

Can’t argue that 13m for a player that’s flattered to deceive most of the season is a great deal, for me though if we’re not willing to break the bank/wage structure to tempt players of Kalas’s quality then we won’t make that step up. 

Time to take some risks is now and justify the reasoning for letting our young talent go  elsewhere 

54 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Leopards & spots! 

This post can be deemed as ‘negative’ but there’s a colonel of truth in it.

Do we want out of this or league or not? Let’s see where the money goes.

And yes, I get it, we’re a slow burn doing it right.

point made, same as before.

50 minutes ago, Unan said:

Are you this negative in every aspect of life?

Fair question... but No, just in this one - and it grates me that the football club I have followed all my life is not fulfilling potential because of owner tactics. 

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

This post can be deemed as ‘negative’ but there’s a colonel of truth in it.

Do we want out of this or league or not? Let’s see where the money goes.

And yes, I get it, we’re a slow burn doing it right.

point made, same as before.

Really pleased for Lloyd and this exactly the right policy of the club. Sustainable investment in the academy, right manager giving young talent their break and loan systems in place to bed others in. When we get to the Premier league we won't have to sell but until then this will happen with the right price and player. Yes sad to see our own go but surely make sense in the longer run.

On a side note, Brian Tinnion is surely due a cut of some of these transfers fees. What a great job he is doing behind the scenes. 

43 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

‘No ambition apart from treading water’ 

Are you serious ?

1/ Fantastic stadium rebuild

2/ Improved final  league position 5 years in a row.

3/ One of the best young English managers

4/Sold 2 Academy graduates for £17m last year

5/Sold 1 Academy product for £17m today

6/ Have more young players getting league experience than most Championship teams and some wonderful talent coming through.

7/ In with a chance of play-offs until the last game of the season

8/ An owner that is also a fan that’s got us into a position where we will probably spend more on players than ever before in the close season.

Lets keep treading water like the Gas eh ?

All ok until point 7. Investment in January if they was intent to reach the league premier would have made the task ahead easier...

Point 8. He is a fan - are you absolutely sure that's his driver, his motive  ? 

He is the owner of Ashton Gate stadium which Bristol City Football club owned for 100 years... 

19 minutes ago, hantsred said:

On a side note, Brian Tinnion is surely due a cut of some of these transfers fees. What a great job he is doing behind the scenes. 

Strangely (or not) he didn't get a mention in Lloyd's tweeted farewell video clip.

Although quite a few others did have their name dropped.

Good luck to the lad . Great business by City . Never saw the best of him . Bournemouth have bought potential and he’s at a great age . Like us they can’t compete with the big boys in the Prem , top end championship for us , so go about it in a different way . Good luck ?  

2 minutes ago, Tommytank1897 said:

Am I drunk or have Bournemouth just payed us £13 million quid for a player that can’t even get in over a loanee? 

Experience over potential given the fact we were aiming for the playoffs maybe ?

10 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

10 years ago I could never have foreseen that Bournemouth would ever be paying us £13m for a player.

Particularly when they had their fans at Ashton Gate ( and all grounds) collecting money in buckets to keep the club in business. I think they got quite a few quid from our fans because “ there by the grace of God- go us” . 

I love what Bournemouth have done and of course they are a smaller club- just more successful in the last few years.

i gave them money simply due to the fact that in the early 90’s they held up the start of the match to allow us small group of away fans to move into a covered ‘home’ area because it was pissing down. Its stuff like that which makes you respect other clubs.

Great deal for the club. The jury is for me still out on Kelly really making an impact at Premier league level so to get 13 + mill is superb. As others have rightly said its how we now reinvest that will be interesting..

31 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

10 years ago I could never have foreseen that Bournemouth would ever be paying us £13m for a player.

10 years ago I could never have foreseen that anyone would ever be paying us £13m for a player.

11 minutes ago, Judda said:

Be nice to see us spend it on 2 6 to 7 million pound players sho can make a difference in the final 3rd...

Absolutely this. I’m sure Johnson knows it as well and that doesn’t just mean fees it means the 30/35k a week on wages that goes with the territory. If he doesn’t get this sort of backing it will mean friction between him and sir Steve for sure. 

Archived