IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

Great deal for all. Club gets above market rate for a player that isn't quite become a first team regular, Bournemouth get a player that's a great prospect, Kelly gets the chance to play in the prem and a nice pay rise I expect. 

If Kelly is worth 13m then how much is Webster worth? 

1 minute ago, milo1111 said:

Absolutely this. I’m sure Johnson knows it as well and that doesn’t just mean fees it means the 30/35k a week on wages that goes with the territory. He he doesn’t get this sort of backing it will mean friction between him and sir Steve for sure. 

I think it'd have to be a signing bonus and reduced wages to fit the structure...

27 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I love what Bournemouth have done and of course they are a smaller club- just more successful in the last few years.

http://www.cityam.com/214581/how-bournemouths-promotion-push-was-funded-russian-millionaire

Its a modern day miracle.

Hallelujah!!

Fair play to them, if you can’t beat’em, join’em eh?

EFL rules and sanctions won’t matter if you can hang on long enough in the prem.

11 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Only good business if reinvested in the playing squad. 

Made a lot in sales last season but didn't spend much. 

Needs to change this time it's like 30m in sales in 2 seasons, only bought Webster and some rubbish league 2 players. 

Last season there were good reasons, we had to put right the club finances.

This season? Less excuse- not saying we should spend it all but a fair chunk of it should be added to the budget IMO- covering fees, wages etc but a fair chunk should be reinvested back into the side.

11 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Only good business if reinvested in the playing squad. 

Made a lot in sales last season but didn't spend much. 

Needs to change this time it's like 30m in sales in 2 seasons, only bought Webster and some rubbish league 2 players. 

Think Andy Weimann might be a bit disappointed to be described as "some rubbish league 2 player"

1 hour ago, Xiled said:

Strangely (or not) he didn't get a mention in Lloyd's tweeted farewell video clip.

Although quite a few others did have their name dropped.

That’s because he never got sent on loan ?

Tinman is the Loan Manager.  I’m sure he’s helped him along the way.

******* hell. His seat in the dressing room is still warm, and people are complaining about Lansdown pocketing the money and not buying a replacement. Hell, the Championship isn't even over yet...

I think we did brilliantly to get £13m for Kelly, and while I think he has a bright future ahead of him we would've been stupid to not sell when that money could go towards bringing in Dasilva and Kalas. My only worry is whether JDS actually wants to play for us long-term, and our plan if he decides that Ashton Gate isn't for him.

If we're talking about permanent deals - I wonder how much Tammy Abraham would be worth right now? £15m was touted as a fair price when he left us, and if Chelsea would be willing to part with him for that kind of money we'd be silly to not invest that money in a proven 20+ goal a season striker, especially when Diedhiou plays well off of other forwards.

I think we need quality in a number of places if we're serious about promotion next season, and I think a mixture of proven quality and academy prospects would do us good.

2 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

******* hell. His seat in the dressing room is still warm, and people are complaining about Lansdown pocketing the money and not buying a replacement. Hell, the Championship isn't even over yet...

I think we did brilliantly to get £13m for Kelly, and while I think he has a bright future ahead of him we would've been stupid to not sell when that money could go towards bringing in Dasilva and Kalas. My only worry is whether JDS actually wants to play for us long-term, and our plan if he decides that Ashton Gate isn't for him.

If we're talking about permanent deals - I wonder how much Tammy Abraham would be worth right now? £15m was touted as a fair price when he left us, and if Chelsea would be willing to part with him for that kind of money we'd be silly to not invest that money in a proven 20+ goal a season striker, especially when Diedhiou plays well off of other forwards.

I think we need quality in a number of places if we're serious about promotion next season, and I think a mixture of proven quality and academy prospects would do us good.

Saw on the BBC gossip bit earlier i the week they were talking about Villa offering £25m for Tammy for a permanent transfer if they win the play offs.

5 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I’ve never agreed with this view, if someone spends >90% of their professional career playing at left back, then they are a left back until they play regularly elsewhere.

Clearly U21 is a very different standard for someone who can cope with the physicality of the Championship.

Also he had some decided dodgy performances at CB in the very few times he played there - Sheffield Utd last season for example. And yes I know he was inexperienced but there are few other instances to call upon even if someone does say Borough away.

Ask LK yourself and he’ll tell you his preferred position is CB, LJ will also tell you that long term that’s where he will play,  he’s as much of a LB as Joe Bryan is, neither of them have the positional sense to play there, of course it can be coached into them and I think Kelly is at a good club and good manager who’ll improve him further.

3 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
And in the meantime, the charade goes on.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

Image result for eye roll gif

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s because he never got sent on loan ?

Tinman is the Loan Manager.  I’m sure he’s helped him along the way.

Ah, fair enough! I thought he had more academy involvement than that.

3 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

‘No ambition apart from treading water’ 

Are you serious ?

1/ Fantastic stadium rebuild

2/ Improved final  league position 5 years in a row.

3/ One of the best young English managers

4/Sold 2 Academy graduates for £17m last year

5/Sold 1 Academy product for £17m today

6/ Have more young players getting league experience than most Championship teams and some wonderful talent coming through.

7/ In with a chance of play-offs until the last game of the season

8/ An owner that is also a fan that’s got us into a position where we will probably spend more on players than ever before in the close season.

Lets keep treading water like the Gas eh ?

Well if you put it like that!

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Absolutely this. I’m sure Johnson knows it as well and that doesn’t just mean fees it means the 30/35k a week on wages that goes with the territory. If he doesn’t get this sort of backing it will mean friction between him and sir Steve for sure. 

And us I'm sure. don't know about you but my patience as far as the playing side of things is wearing a little thin, we were at most two players from making the play offs and most of us know what positions I'm talking about.

4 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

' Looks good business and that's what it is ... no good however to us money paying fans who want to see success unless the money raised in this sale is seriously well spent .., which I doubt. Kelly was a good prospect to our playing staff that came via our Academy ....ask Eddie Howe...

Face it ... we are a selling club with no ambition apart from treading water ..'.

Only another £10 million needed in sales and SL can then sleep easy for another season ?.
The club said “it was an offer we couldn’t refuse”. Oh yes you could if you had the player tied to a contract and you had any ambition at all. 
Leopards & spots! 

Please name me a club that doesn’t sell their better players to clubs at a higher level when a suitable valuation is met.

No hurry.

22 minutes ago, Redstoke said:

Football has gone mental, just imagine 10 years ago that someone said to you we would have sold a player to "Bournemouth" for 13 million!! Unreal..

This will all end in tears. Well, to be honest, it has already started to. Bolton Wanderers anyone?

I'm glad it's the summer coming in all honesty. Gonna get away from it for a bit,  I think.

Poverty and mental health issues, gambling,  going up and up, brexit uncertainty etc etc and 13 million being paid for what is a kid who has barely played much, if we're being honest.

Stop the world. i want to get off

5 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

Leopards & spots! 

What a f*cking WUM

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

This post can be deemed as ‘negative’ but there’s a colonel of truth in it.

Do we want out of this or league or not? Let’s see where the money goes.

And yes, I get it, we’re a slow burn doing it right.

point made, same as before.

And that is the point - how well will we spend this and the other available funds?

Also all of a sudden our ‘targets’ have got more expensive even if their current clubs don’t know they are targets.......yet!

7 hours ago, Redstoke said:

Football has gone mental, just imagine 10 years ago that someone said to you we would have sold a player to "Bournemouth" for 13 million!! Unreal..

A 20 year old that has started 26 games for us.

9 hours ago, Top Robin said:

10 years ago I could never have foreseen that Bournemouth would ever be paying us £13m for a player.

If someone told you that our top, hyped up academy prospect played 18 months for us and then left for Bournemouth you'd have said same old City!

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Last season there were good reasons, we had to put right the club finances.

This season? Less excuse- not saying we should spend it all but a fair chunk of it should be added to the budget IMO- covering fees, wages etc but a fair chunk should be reinvested back into the side.

If you want highly motivated players going the extra mile in the team ( which is necessary for success in the Championship) then you can’t stand in the way when one is wanted by a Prem club.

What this then shows is that the other players have potential to move up and equally top young players won’t worry about having their careers blocked or suffering by coming to Ashton Gate .

It’s often out of the club’s control and they would be equally daft not to take such a good offer .

It’s always ‘ risk/reward ‘ . I am happy to trust the management with their running of the club , how many football  supporters can say that ?

Archived