IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly Bournemouth 13 million

Dynamite Red

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah well, it doesn't set a good tone. I suppose it's a good deal for sure.

Yeah I get that. Disappointed I guess, we knew he was going to go at one point, hut we've done a LOT of heavy lifting and showing of restraint financially in Summer 2018 and January 2019- felt was unnecessary but if we can reinvest it well then...

Reece James loan, Kalas and Da Silva perm, Vydra or Assombolonga loan or in the case of the latter perm. Maybe a CM too- who however...

Still we have a lot of saleable assets before Kelly- in the sense I'd rather sell before Kelly- or ones at least that could get good savings.

Assombalonga is wanted by Aston Villa, if they get promoted, 

If this happens I will pleased for Lloyd and BCFC, as:

LK has great potential and Bournemouth would be an ideal move for him

City cash in and - provided they invest it well - have every opportunity to strengthen the squad overall

Perhaps wishful thinking but hopefully it means we have some big deals agreed, as I can't see the club letting this one get out without being ready to spend, else all the prices are now going to shoot up - Lansdown has been quite pointed on this issue before.

3 minutes ago, Olé said:

Perhaps wishful thinking but hopefully it means we have some big deals agreed, as I can't see the club letting this one get out without being ready to spend, else all the prices are now going to shoot up - Lansdown has been quite pointed on this issue before.

Wouldn't it therefore have made more sense to spend quite well- and then sell him, either now or January?

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah well, it doesn't set a good tone. I suppose it's a good deal for sure.

Yeah I get that. Disappointed I guess, we knew he was going to go at one point, hut we've done a LOT of heavy lifting and showing of restraint financially in Summer 2018 and January 2019- felt was unnecessary but if we can reinvest it well then...

Reece James loan, Kalas and Da Silva perm, Vydra or Assombolonga loan or in the case of the latter perm. Maybe a CM too- who however...

Still we have a lot of saleable assets before Kelly- in the sense I'd rather sell before Kelly- or ones at least that could get good savings.

Got Team of the Season in a team that finished 20th, he will probably get a Prem loan if Chelsea don't want to keep him. 

1 minute ago, fatchers said:

Did'nt Johnson say he was going to be our centre half . Never mind, we got his replacement in from Weston-super-mare. 

I could have sworn that all the talk was that he was not for sale this summer unless we got silly money- as recently as the last couple of days actually!

Now maybe £13m is silly money but this feels like somewhat of a letdown!

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They are buying potential of course, so the money is compensation for the player he could have become for us - but £13m for a player far from a guaranteed starter in a position in which we already have excellent options, is surely an outstanding deal for City.

The games gone mad.....

Cheers for that, Bournemouth- 'now let's see it invested towards we've needed for some time!

37 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Oh dear , LJ and MA with money to spend, fear setting in already. We had to sell Bobby and Joe to cover their Kodja money misspending. 

Our “misspending” has seen us climb the league ladder for five consecutive seasons, the only team in all four divisions to do so, while selling good players along the way to balance the books. Long may the misspending continue.

11 minutes ago, Olé said:

Not sure how much truth there is in this but was told by a contact that a couple of players have been at AG for talks this week, don’t know who but be good if things are lined up. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Our “misspending” has seen us climb the league ladder for five consecutive seasons, the only team in all four divisions to do so, while selling good players along the way to balance the books. Long may the misspending continue.

I'd prefer the "climb the league ladder" thing to continue, but each to their own

Good signing for @afcbournemouth - @BristolCity left back Lloyd Kelly joins club - £13million deal. Other clubs, including @LFC were keen.

I’m delighted for Lloyd and BCFC.

He joins a good club where his undoubted potential can be developed, we get a decent fee which, and this is the crucial bit....if invested well, will strengthen the squad.

LJ spoke about being bold in the closed season, so let’s see how that translates. Hopefully it’s not just a pre-season friendly against the Cherries ?

Thank you LLoyd and I look forward to Bournemouth v City in the Premiership in the near future.

13m is excellent business and am sure the club  will have agreed a sell on clause

Assuming a few others will be leaving also but nowhere near as much return but let's just take stock of what could be a very important transfer window for us.

Based on FFP and what has been banded around as a window where we can spend big, I would be very disappointed if JDS & Kalas are not brought in from Chelsea

In addition, we need a top striker who can score 15 - 20 goals as well as a top quality CM player 

I'm not too fussed about GK as I think Maenpaa is good enough as No1 and Max as No2 but have a gut instinct that LJ wants a top keeper also

If we spent £30+ million this summer it wouldn't be a surprise to me

Fantastic money for an academy centre back. It’s also much better for us that it’s Bournemouth rather than a top 6 club as it only takes one good season for him to get snapped up by one of the big boys and we can benefit from a juicy sell on.

13 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Got Team of the Season in a team that finished 20th, he will probably get a Prem loan if Chelsea don't want to keep him. 

Wasn't aware he played for Reading ;)

Tbh Wigan performance levels- think they were one of those sides whose performances didn't get what they deserved- perhaps a touch unrealistic of me though, about Reece James.

Archived