IGNORED

The Knock On from the LK deal

Great business by the club - but how many City players were seriously talking to their agents in the last couple of weeks about following LK's trajectory?

JDS - played as well as LK - he must be Prem bound

Kalas - immense this season, lots of Champ promotions to the Prem - he will want top flight football this year.

The scouts that have been at AG this year must have seen how good Webster was.  The lad will get a prem offer 

Others with a chance of an upwards move - regardless of fee - Elliason,Brownhill and yes, even Fammy. 

Fammy got what 12 in 32? Extrapolate that over a full season - he scores 16.

He also missed 7 or 8 absolute sitters that Nichols would have scored some of them. I personally don't blame Fammy - all year alone up top, often double teamed by big blokes - he must have been absolutely knackered and sore every game. It's easy to bag the bloke, but if you are really tired and sore you are going to make errors.

Play him with a partner to take some heat off - he coverts most of those as he will be fresher - 20+ goals would have been realistic. Prem clubs will have noticed that.

LJ said 6 or 7 in.

Maybe he knows we will be losing the 4 above and the 2 loanees don't want to stay in the Champ - at least not with us.

It's not like the other players won't have known LK was off - medicals, background checks, wages etc would have been discussed ages ago.

I hope not, but maybe they have deals in the pipeline,just waiting to happen.

We could get a lot more ££ in - but would need pretty much another rebuild.

Unless Baker,Wright,Moore,Vyner, Semenayo etc are the replacements.

I hope not, I hope we have our business pretty much ready to go with new signings to be announced.

SL may see things differently to us though and suggest it's time the 'ones for the future' to pay their way.

I think LJ would seriously consider his future here if we don't buy proven quality players.

Very interesting week coming up.

Honestly if we do play our card right - should be in strong contention for play offs.

Division looks a little weak and will a couple of teams have FFP issues - can also see certain teams such as Hull dropping well off the pace.

Not being funny think we can sell this club to decent players as well - nice facilities, good squad, good placements ect.

Tbh tho think we would place pretty much the same next season with/without kelly if we sign JDS - so the deal looks great

1 hour ago, joenaldo said:

Honestly if we do play our card right - should be in strong contention for play offs.

Division looks a little weak and will a couple of teams have FFP issues - can also see certain teams such as Hull dropping well off the pace.

Not being funny think we can sell this club to decent players as well - nice facilities, good squad, good placements ect.

Tbh tho think we would place pretty much the same next season with/without kelly if we sign JDS - so the deal looks great

Not forgetting gert lush cod lots from our local chippies! 

5 hours ago, joenaldo said:

Unfortunately the clubs with FFP issues are big enough for the EFL to allow a free pass to bend the rules. They will doubtless carry on as before therefore.

Excellent points made here. We may well miss out on JDS and TS, particularly the latter.

LJ also made a good point before, however, that regardless of ability some clubs will be put off by Da Silva’s height considering he’s a full-back. This might help us.

26 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Completely agree with the OP.

Call me glass half empty or whatever, but I’m not sure near misses really help us. We need to put promotion to bed, near misses just demonstrate to other clubs that we have talented players ripe for the picking.

They help us sell players for more than we payed for them, they also help us bring in the quality of players required to get promoted more than scrapping against relegation. 

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

They help us sell players for more than we payed for them, they also help us bring in the quality of players required to get promoted more than scrapping against relegation. 

Can’t argue with that, I guess I’m managing my own expectations just in case we bring in seven Ryan Kents over the summer ?

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Agreed. Remember, with the exception of a striker (Bobby), we’ve had a stronger squad this year, improved and had far more money in the bank. That will still be the case if we’re lucky enough to sign JDS and TS permanently.

9 minutes ago, luke_bristol said:

Can’t argue with that, I guess I’m managing my own expectations just in case we bring in seven Ryan Kents over the summer ?

I know how you feel, we've seen it all before right but our hit rate seems to be considerably better now, if we're lucky we will get 2 Websters, 3 CODs and probably 2 Kents.

I think we will sell Brownhill for another whopping fee.

I spoke to a City academy coach a few weeks ago and he said there were already 3 Premier League clubs interested in JB.

I don't want us to sell him, but if so, we'd already have generated £20million with 2 players.  Summer recruitment is going to be very exciting!

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

I spoke to a City academy coach a few weeks ago and he said there were already 3 Premier League clubs interested in JB.

I don't want us to sell him, but if so, we'd already have generated £20million with 2 players.  Summer recruitment is going to be very exciting!

I would be happy if we sold JB as long as it funded 2 quality midfielders..... You know like B Silva and Fabinho ???

I would say JB is worth over 15m to us and we do need to freshen up our midfield so it's not the worst thing in the world. 

I think we have sent a message out to clubs that we will sell our talent, and proven players like we did last season, so take a look and if the price is right they are yours.

Simplier to say than do once a players head gets turned but I would like a hands off message issued with intent we are going for it. 

I think this year we got lucky in the fact we had a couple of decent loans and found Webster. It’s a big gamble to sell off talent and cross our fingers all will come right again, we need a bit more than luck. 

7 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I would be happy if we sold JB as long as it funded 2 quality midfielders..... You know like B Silva and Fabinho ???

I would say JB is worth over 15m to us and we do need to freshen up our midfield so it's not the worst thing in the world. 

Freshen up midfield by selling Pack, Paterson, keep Brownhill, buy in a top quality midfield general and use Walsh and/or Morrell.

28 minutes ago, marmite said:

We were 2 good players away from top 2 this season. Do we realy need another rebuild?  Lee's had more than his 3 windows. Let's add to the squad not rebuild.

Thing is I don’t really think it’s in LJ hands about who we keep and who we bring in so his hands are tied when it comes to transfers, which is why we have to keep rebuilding each year 

7 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Thing is I don’t really think it’s in LJ hands about who we keep and who we bring in so his hands are tied when it comes to transfers, which is why we have to keep rebuilding each year 

I would disagree with that. I'm sure LJ has a list of targets and a list of who he will let leave. Ashton takes over from there.

6 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

I agree, it's like Flint, LJ said "Flint can go if we get Webster" and the club made it so. I think the club gets interest and asks LJ how he feels about it and who they can sign to fill a gap. 

The issue with LK is without Dasilva we are now very weak in that left back position and LJ will need to recruit there is Dasilva cannot be made a permanent addition as well as a striker, maybe even a right back, a goalkeeper etc.. LJ needs a lot of players, we can't afford to lose a lot more. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

It would really surprise me if we sell him for anything less than what we got for LK.  He's played 45 league games this season and is a proven midfielder at this level.  Not sure he can make the step up and would anyone chuck serious money at us for him?  We'd have to get 2 midfielders as replacements....

It seems to me that we are following the route that Southampton  have taken over the last few years by bringing players through the academy and selling for a good profit to strengthen the  team. It certainly seems to work for them so why not for us.

I'm really holding LJ to account on his 'bold' comment. 

I see LJ as our biggest asset. I really want him to get this club enforced gamble right. We will spend a max of £8m on a striker. (So that's top league 1 standard these days) we need THAT midfield man we have wanted for years.. since Hartley imo. A RB and a LB. We always have atleast 1 young one (I call them one for someone else's future) 

I believe we need to spend £18mil on 3 quality players. 

Re coup from COD . LK . 

What's most we have ever spent in a window? This might give a clue as to how likely any of this will happen. If not we lose Lee 

2 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

Excellent points made here. We may well miss out on JDS and TS, particularly the latter.

LJ also made a good point before, however, that regardless of ability some clubs will be put off by Da Silva’s height considering he’s a full-back. This might help us.

Absolute shite comment by LJ then.

Jay will eventually play in the premier league and I would imagine he is now out of our financial range.

34 minutes ago, BigTone said:
36 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I would disagree with that. I'm sure LJ has a list of targets and a list of who he will let leave. Ashton takes over from there.

Yea I wouldn’t rule out what you are saying in all fairness. We did sign Eisa and Aduluken and I would put them down as signings listed by LJ

39 minutes ago, Spike said:

I agree, it's like Flint, LJ said "Flint can go if we get Webster" and the club made it so. I think the club gets interest and asks LJ how he feels about it and who they can sign to fill a gap. 

The issue with LK is without Dasilva we are now very weak in that left back position and LJ will need to recruit there is Dasilva cannot be made a permanent addition as well as a striker, maybe even a right back, a goalkeeper etc.. LJ needs a lot of players, we can't afford to lose a lot more. 

We do potentially need a lot of players... could be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.... or not ?

3 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

We do potentially need a lot of players... could be an interesting couple of weeks ahead.... or not ?

Think it will be and I think a lot has being going on behind the scenes for a while to make sure our business is concluded early.....or at least I hope so

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Think it will be and I think a lot has being going on behind the scenes for a while to make sure our business is concluded early.....or at least I hope so

Let’s hope that is the case BT 

You would definitely assume that LJ and MA knew who would be going out the door this summer so let’s hope those replacements are ready and waiting 

5 minutes ago, Born and Red in 82 said:

Let’s hope that is the case BT 

You would definitely assume that LJ and MA knew who would be going out the door this summer so let’s hope those replacements are ready and waiting 

Agree 100%

Archived