IGNORED

The Knock On from the LK deal

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I think we have sent a message out to clubs that we will sell our talent, and proven players like we did last season, so take a look and if the price is right they are yours.

Simplier to say than do once a players head gets turned but I would like a hands off message issued with intent we are going for it. 

I think this year we got lucky in the fact we had a couple of decent loans and found Webster. It’s a big gamble to sell off talent and cross our fingers all will come right again, we need a bit more than luck. 

Bit harsh.

I don't think it was luck that we got decent loanees, they didn't suddenly become good players on joining us. The club knew what they were getting, we probably didn't.

And it wasn't luck imo that resulted in paying Ipswich 4m plus add ons for Webster, it was just the club again knowing what they were getting while most of us had never heard of him.

We need an overhaul......not a rebuild.  Too many changes will prove possibly disruptive.  We constantly hear about how good the dressing room spirit is, so lets hope thats not  BS, hopefully  we only sell one or two of our first team squad,  and so retain the basis of the side.  A striker, a full back and a midfielder should be enough.  But of course everything is dependent on what happens with Kalas and Da Silva, if they don't come, we are then looking at at least 5-6 new recruits?  And although Webster is obviously being scouted, I hope and think he will be here next season.

We need a RB, if Kalas and JDS don't return we are going to need a LB and CB (first choice, or behind Wright/Baker) We all think we need a striker and a midfield player to offer options/competition for pack. With Kelly and CoD going we are also going to need more cover so another midfield player and LB.

That's potentially 7 players we need just to tread water. 

3 hours ago, B-Rizzle said:

LJ also made a good point before, however, that regardless of ability some clubs will be put off by Da Silva’s height considering he’s a full-back. This might help us.

1 hour ago, Loon plage said:

Absolute shite comment by LJ then.

That's OTT - It would simply seem, probably through personal experience, that LJ doesn't have a problem with a bit of straight talking about height, or lack of it.

It's very obviously a factor in Dasilva's case that will be taken into account, among other things, by interested clubs - so what's the problem in stating it?

40 minutes ago, Fiale said:

We need a RB, if Kalas and JDS don't return we are going to need a LB and CB (first choice, or behind Wright/Baker) We all think we need a striker and a midfield player to offer options/competition for pack. With Kelly and CoD going we are also going to need more cover so another midfield player and LB.

That's potentially 7 players we need just to tread water. 

Exactly. At the end of the season we needed just a couple of additions, now we need over half a team. We knew the loans were returning back to their parent club now we have sold a player who could have covered both defensive positions. 

@bcfc01, I do think we were lucky with the loans last season, Tammy aside when have we ever been that successful for a whole season. So let’s see if luck, like lightening, strikes in the same place? 

Yes I am hacked off, money aside I wanted Lloyd Kelly to rise to the top in a City shirt. 

LK has been signed by Bournemouth for his potential and possible cup games for the next two years.

Kalas at his age will be looking at regularly starting which at a mid-table Prem team he probably wouldn’t go in as.

JDS would be more similar to LK however his career is the opposite of his in that he’s been at the prem club, wanted 1st team football and went to Charlton and then us.

I don’t think you can say those two will look at LK transfer and think they should do the same.

7 hours ago, Loon plage said:

Absolute shite comment by LJ then.

Jay will eventually play in the premier league and I would imagine he is now out of our financial range.

It was said in jest. I too think JDS will play in prem, as does LJ I’m sure.

It is true that some clubs/managers would be put off from a defender based on height.

9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I think we will sell Brownhill for another whopping fee.

I spoke to a City academy coach a few weeks ago and he said there were already 3 Premier League clubs interested in JB.

I don't want us to sell him, but if so, we'd already have generated £20million with 2 players.  Summer recruitment is going to be very exciting!

Brownhill. I'd be more disappointed if he went than I am about Kelly. Would it be crazy to expect £20m for him? First XI versatile midfielder about to hit his prime? If Kelly is £15m then JB has to be more? 

On 19/05/2019 at 09:04, reddogkev said:

I think we will sell Brownhill for another whopping fee.

I spoke to a City academy coach a few weeks ago and he said there were already 3 Premier League clubs interested in JB.

I don't want us to sell him, but if so, we'd already have generated £20million with 2 players.  Summer recruitment is going to be very exciting!

What makes you think we’d spend the money we’d receive on buying players? Hasn’t happened much recently ...

On 19/05/2019 at 11:43, Nogbad the Bad said:

That's OTT - It would simply seem, probably through personal experience, that LJ doesn't have a problem with a bit of straight talking about height, or lack of it.

It's very obviously a factor in Dasilva's case that will be taken into account, among other things, by interested clubs - so what's the problem in stating it?

Lets see whether there is interest in Dasilva regardless of his stature before saying my comments are OTT.

The managers personal experience is irrelevant as we are talking different positions, but height wasn't an issue for LJ it was ability. He was no Barry Bannan.

On 19/05/2019 at 11:15, maxjak said:

We need an overhaul......not a rebuild.  Too many changes will prove possibly disruptive.  We constantly hear about how good the dressing room spirit is, so lets hope thats not  BS, hopefully  we only sell one or two of our first team squad,  and so retain the basis of the side.  A striker, a full back and a midfielder should be enough.  But of course everything is dependent on what happens with Kalas and Da Silva, if they don't come, we are then looking at at least 5-6 new recruits?  And although Webster is obviously being scouted, I hope and think he will be here next season.

My biggest worry is how long we give Kalas and Dasilva to decide. If neither decide to come, and with Kelly's sale, I'd love to know who we have in mind as second choices...then you've still got to convince them to come which is time consuming. I hope we get sorted, sooner, rather than later. Otherwise we could be left wanting. 

2 hours ago, spudski said:

My biggest worry is how long we give Kalas and Dasilva to decide. If neither decide to come, and with Kelly's sale, I'd love to know who we have in mind as second choices...then you've still got to convince them to come which is time consuming. I hope we get sorted, sooner, rather than later. Otherwise we could be left wanting. 

Exactly.........my concerns too.  Bournemouth had the right idea, get in early, and make it happen. Although of course they have the carrot of Premiership football.

Archived